Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If customers had their way the franchise dealership model wouldn't exist, it would be direct to consumer. They're nothing but middleman that increase the prices for consumers. Everything bad that has happened with the reservation system has been because of kowtowing to dealership demands, which I don't foresee changing. That includes wonka golden ticket priority orders, allocation based priority that negates the timestamp, etc. As you pointed out dealerships have largely been unable to add ADM even though they absolutely wanted to. Dealership orders will be built right alongside reservation orders for MY2022 and the dealerships will be adding ADM to every non-reservation unit they receive until they can't get away with it anymore. That's the scummy nature of dealerships, they're capitalist in the worst ways possible and because of regulatory capture in most states there are shameful laws that block vehicle manufacturers from selling direct to consumer.
This discussion is getting off-track, and I'm happy to debate the merits of the franchise dealership model in a specific thread.
Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is also why Ford hasn’t committed to building only customer orders (no dealer stock) in MY22. By the time we get there, there won’t be enough backlog of orders to just keep pulling from them, so in order to keep the production line running at full capacity through the occasional commodity shortage, they will have to produce units that are destined for dealer stock.
@Drex this is the most likely scenario I see playing out. Ford will prioritize customer orders over stock for as long as they can. This has been the case for a long time at Ford, customer orders take priority.

@ZackDanger This is a good take.

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2022MY Bronco order acceptance, scheduling and production dates have just been released. As always, these dates are subject to change.
  • 2022 Initial Orders Acceptance -- 9/13/21
  • 2022 Scheduling Begins -- 10/14/21
  • 2022 Production Start Up -- 12/13/21

What is Orders Acceptance and Scheduling?

"Initial Orders Acceptance" is when Ford will allow dealers to begin placing orders, but vehicles won't necessarily be built in the order that orders are received from dealers. They get scheduled based on parts and option availability at the plant. An individual option, or even the paint color, can delay your place in line until that option, or paint, is expected to be on-hand. "Scheduling Begins" is when they will start laying in the order of all those previously received dealer orders.

2022-ford-bronco-orders-scheduling-production.png

Source: Donlen
Absolutely reeeedick. Ford makes you wait nearly TWO YEARS from reservation
for a full spec Wildtrak Bronco. I could have had a new Ferrari quicker. Hanging on with bloody fingernails at this point, not sure how much longer I'll make it.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will be interesting to see who ends up wanting a late MY21 build.

Even if there are no option changes, a lot of people would prefer a early 22 model over a late 21. And if there are any compelling option changes, thats a lot of additional people that will want to wait a few more months for their ideal build. Many will have been waiting 12-18 months already… what’s another few months?

I predict a significant number of buyers moving to MY22. On top of the massive number that don’t even have a choice. Making the first several months of 2022 a cluster fuck.

Who here will want a Nov/Dec 21 build? Anyone?

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
3. It would make *zero* sense for Ford to prioritize a new MY22 order over an existing MY21 reservation (all things being equal). The only benefit to Ford would be alienating a ton of loyal reservation holders… it makes so little sense that, even though anything is possible, I wouldn’t recommend anyone waste any time worrying about it.
@ZackDanger For MY21 because of the MIC issue, there is a good chance that dealer stock will be build ( prioritized ) over exsiting MY21 converted orders. "All things being equal " assumes that production of MIC and modular painted tops finally align with converted and priority 99 MY21 by years end.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Every time Ford does a round of scheduling they start at whatever the earliest reservation is.

When the MY22 scheduling begins, a whole bunch of orders will change from 99 to something else… Ford will still start at the earliest, but there will be all the early reservations that had been 99 but are now buildable that they won’t just skip over.
Great point, the list should just grow and reshuffle to accommodate the newcomers (99s). Same thing happens on the back end with new reservations since 3/19/21. I think when we did said 3/19 orders, they said newcomers would not be in the 1st quarter of orders, so it may be a quarterly resort. I think this is the fairest way to do it, hope it pans out.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

On F-150, they did a lot of “late availability” options. I would not be surprised if the First 6 months of ‘22 production look awfully similar to ‘21 production with regards to options actually being built.
Yeah - I am wondering if the mod top alone drives HE to a 2nd half availability, along with all other mod tops. It’s been a long time since that HE camo sighting. Then there is Bronco Raptor too.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But when will THEN be NOW?
Ford Bronco 🗓 2022 Bronco Dates Revealed - Ordering, Scheduling & Production Start Date QGBENK0Y6nF4Y

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2022MY Bronco order acceptance, scheduling and production dates have just been released. As always, these dates are subject to change.
  • 2022 Initial Orders Acceptance -- 9/13/21
  • 2022 Scheduling Begins -- 10/14/21
  • 2022 Production Start Up -- 12/13/21

What is Orders Acceptance and Scheduling?

"Initial Orders Acceptance" is when Ford will allow dealers to begin placing orders, but vehicles won't necessarily be built in the order that orders are received from dealers. They get scheduled based on parts and option availability at the plant. An individual option, or even the paint color, can delay your place in line until that option, or paint, is expected to be on-hand. "Scheduling Begins" is when they will start laying in the order of all those previously received dealer orders.

Ford Bronco 🗓 2022 Bronco Dates Revealed - Ordering, Scheduling & Production Start Date QGBENK0Y6nF4Y

Source: Donlen
Just let me know when BP for MY22 will be ready….because I am. ;-)

Sponsored

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will be interesting to see who ends up wanting a late MY21 build.

Even if there are no option changes, a lot of people would prefer a early 22 model over a late 21. And if there are any compelling option changes, thats a lot of additional people that will want to wait a few more months for their ideal build. Many will have been waiting 12-18 months already… what’s another few months?

I predict a significant number of buyers moving to MY22. On top of the massive number that don’t even have a choice. Making the first several months of 2022 a cluster fuck.

Who here will want a Nov/Dec 21 build? Anyone?
Me for one

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still waiting with fingers crossed that Ford builds my Wildtrak this year. However, I am curious to see if there are any design changes for MY22. If they move the rear A/C vents off the floor to the center console AND make MGV interior available for the Wildtrak I would be thrilled for a MY22.
Sponsored