Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What was the point of a reservation, order and being loyal? 2022 model on a 2020 order...and doing me a favor? I got an F250 a freaking 75 and excuses from Ford. Soft top, engine, base models, Sasquatch, towing..blah blah blah.

Everyone thinks the delay is on the 2021---- Ford has been goofing around with this Bronco since 2016 and it is just annoying.

I posted this elsewhere in reference to why Ford isn't calling them all 2022, but many points still are valid for your question:

I think you have to understand that there are extenuating circumstances. The Bronco has likely been in development for 4-5 years. The plan for customer deliveries was initially going to be December of 2020. This was probably in place until March of 2020 when the world entered a global pandemic. There's a lot of behind the scenes work that has to get done to sell a vehicle in the US. It's not like Ford can just flip a switch and say it's a 2022 now, the industry is regulated, there is paperwork that has to get filed, tests to be done, and legal to get through.

Think about it logically:
What's more likely? Ford, a company who has been manufacturing vehicles for 118 years and 3 days, not knowing what they're doing; or a global pandemic and an unprecedented semiconductor shortage wreaking havoc on the entirety of the auto industry causing a delay with our beloved Bronco?
Sponsored

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I posted this elsewhere in reference to why Ford isn't calling them all 2022, but many points still are valid for your question:

I think you have to understand that there are extenuating circumstances. The Bronco has likely been in development for 4-5 years. The plan for customer deliveries was initially going to be December of 2020. This was probably in place until March of 2020 when the world entered a global pandemic. There's a lot of behind the scenes work that has to get done to sell a vehicle in the US. It's not like Ford can just flip a switch and say it's a 2022 now, the industry is regulated, there is paperwork that has to get filed, tests to be done, and legal to get through.

What's more likely? Ford, a company who has been manufacturing vehicles for 118 years and 3 days, not knowing what they're doing; or a global pandemic and an unprecedented semiconductor shortage wreaking havoc on the entirety of the auto industry causing a delay with our beloved Bronco?

"The plan for customer deliveries was initially going to be December of 2020. This was probably in place until March of 2020 when the world entered a global pandemic."
If everything was in place prior to Pandemic, this would be largely a non issue. It's not like they started Bronco development in March 2020. Funny enough I work for a semi conductor company in Global Supply Chain.... I'm just frustrated.

Last edited:

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

"The plan for customer deliveries was initially going to be December of 2020. This was probably in place until March of 2020 when the world entered a global pandemic."
If everything was in place prior to Pandemic, this would be largely a non issue. It's not like they started Bronco development bin March 2020. Funny enough I work for a semi conductor company in Global Supply Chain.... I'm just frustrated.
We're all frustrated, but getting worked up about it isn't doing anything.

Auto manufacturing isn't an overnight thing, months and months of preparation go into producing them. Dies for the sheet metal, dozens of suppliers for each component, from the plastic clips to the ignition coils and suspension etc...

Ford was projecting customer deliveries, and all of that was on track (in place) in March, but they were still 7 months from J1.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Based on the first notification in May for June/July builds another notification should go out again by the end of June for July/August 2021s. I have a “code10” meaning a 2021 build. My dealer confirmed I’m getting a 2021. My reservation was July 18th. Wildtrak Sas/ Lux/Leather/MIC/ Hitch.Modular bumper. I’m expecting an August production with a September delivery.
Would you ask your dealer to let mine use that crystal ball because I have the same build as you plus a first day reservation, and my dealer isn’t even sure if I’m getting a MY21 due to constraints, part availability, etc…

Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would you ask your dealer to let mine use that crystal ball because I have the same build as you plus a first day reservation, and my dealer isn’t even sure if I’m getting a MY21 due to constraints, part availability, etc…
What is your code with the dealer? Two factors are at play your time stamp and dealer allocation. No crystal ball.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I don’t understand the issue.

For all we know, the difference will be either on 8/26 you get a scheduled MY21 build for the last week of November… or on 10/14 you get a scheduled MY22 build for the second week of December.

If I were in that scenario, I’d much rather wait the couple weeks for the new options.

We’re all going to get our Broncos when we get them based on time stamp and commodity and allocation and transport logistics… the MY change over is just going to happen in the middle there somewhere around all that…

::EDIT::

Thinking more on this, there is the scenario that all the 99s get reactivated in front of you if you get pushed to MY22 and all of the commodity issues are settled by then, creating a backlog of Mod tops now prioritized before you, turning that two week delay into a 4 week delay…

…but at least you wouldn’t even know how close you were to the last of the MY21s.
The only "option" I can see wanting is a change in color. I pretty much have everything I could afford already.

But I would get more time to repeatedly explain why I don't have the Bronco and I don't know when it will arrive to all my friends and family - so I guess there is that.

I am glad I have a deadline to write down when I can stop dreaming...

Glad those dealer demos got made. That was very top priority...

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on the first notification in May for June/July builds another notification should go out again by the end of June for July/August 2021s. I have a “code10” meaning a 2021 build. My dealer confirmed I’m getting a 2021. My reservation was July 18th. Wildtrak Sas/ Lux/Leather/MIC/ Hitch.Modular bumper. I’m expecting an August production with a September delivery.
Priority code 10 doesn't really matter. I'm the #1 allocation at my dealer and I'm not sure if I'll get a '21.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What is your code with the dealer? Two factors are at play your time stamp and dealer allocation. No crystal ball.
Code 10-19 are meaningless, only code 99 means something (hold order until MY22). Timestamp is July 13, I am #20 allocation out of 40. I believe my dealer is very knowledgeable. In all honesty, if you have all the deadly sins, your order regardless of early timestamp, allocation, etc…, is a moving target.

Sponsored

Broncoup

Wildtrak
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974-Bronco; 2014-Grand Cherokee-Summit
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will we get an email from Ford stating we're pushed to 2022? So, we can redo our orders!

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford promised to honor 21 pricing if the order was substantially the same (whatever that means) if the order was in my 19 March.
As someone who reserved April 21st, 2021 and ordered May 10th, F!!!!!!
I wonder how much my BL build will go up. Looks like I have to wait until September-ish.

Damn

BroncoPop

Badlands
First Name
C.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion tc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
9/13/21.... and they won't get theirs until 2023 time frame. Wow so when will someone receive their Bronco if reserved 4/18/21?

Ta2punk

Raptor
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Still holding out for the Warthog reveal and order dates.
Sponsored