Swamp Yankee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Land Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder if that issue discussed long ago on here of getting the carpet off of the back of the seats in the MGV is still even a consideration for MY22 given all the other issues to solve
Please please please let this come to pass 🙏🏻
Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's based on timestamp still. You'll have people before and after you that delayed to 2022 intentionally that will play a factor in your timing.

Commodities will still be King decider on timing though.
Agreed. Not enough people understand this. The happiest people are the ones ignorant to it but carefree when they get it... "Ignorance is bliss"

I feel like I punch myself in the nuts every single time I come here
Made me lol. I took a several month hiatus for that reason!

Truth be told, very few will end up being collectors cars and of those buying now, less than a handful will still own it after 25 years.
I have a dream of owning one that far out! We'll see though. If people take great care of it, fix/repair/update as necessary, I can 100% see a mint condition 2021 Bronco being a collector car several decades in the future.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are we going to have to reorder if we started a 21 order, Or will it roll over to 22?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are we going to have to reorder if we started a 21 order, Or will it roll over to 22?
At this point you'll have to reorder but Ford said they're working on a transfer process. You keep your original timestamp.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agreed. Not enough people understand this. The happiest people are the ones ignorant to it but carefree when they get it... "Ignorance is bliss"

Made me lol. I took a several month hiatus for that reason!

I have a dream of owning one that far out! We'll see though. If people take great care of it, fix/repair/update as necessary, I can 100% see a mint condition 2021 Bronco being a collector car several decades in the future.
I think all new Broncos are going to be rare and highly sought after

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Might need to adjust our expectations on MY 22 Bronco changes. Chevy did something similar with the new Corvette (which is also in high demand with waiting lists) and mostly carried over 2020 model mixes and colors to 2021. This made it easier on suppliers and the factory, plus it reduced mass changes of existing orders. Ford could still add a new color or two. Let’s see what Ford does.
2007 to 2008 JK was similar too.

Paint color changes are easy, maybe a few other minor inline fixes.

Mansquatch probably got hung up by mileage and emissions certification - and will become available.

Mod tops - who really knows, and not looking positive for 1Q at least - which would lead you to guess HE is probably a mid year release. (Also wonder if they have a separate reservation for HE and certainly Raptor).

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would Wildtrack ever get MGV when there are already 2 models that have it? There is a lower tiered(BD) and higher tiered(BL). If MGV is added to the Wildtrack then it comptely negates the need for a Sasquatched BL, which costs more than a Wildtrack. Do you really think Ford would shoot themselves in the foot like that? Use common sense.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wildtrack isn't getting mgv but here's hoping they at least give another option besides that dogshit looking interior.
Ironic because aside of those that must have the disconnect, you basically pick your trim for the interior you want.

So anyone that selects a WT must like the interior (which I love) and for those that don't, there are other interior choices to select.

I'm just always surprised on how many people are negative with the WT interior when it is totally optional. Personally I think the all dark, plastic interior of the BL is one of the worse, only getting beaten by the OBx which is the ugliest.

Sponsored

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve worked in the automotive business my entire life at the corporate level just for perspective. Every single manufacturer is affected by the current supplier issues. Financial projections put everyone at significant sales losses this year. This is the reality for every company right now even trying to produce existing models with old and established supplier contracts. Throw in the logistics of launching an all-new model like the Bronco, and it is about the most difficult thing any manufacturer could do right now. My assumption is Ford delayed launch a long time and hoped to be able to get something out the door to customers. Yet, supplier constraints continue to plague everyone causing more delays. All of us reading these forums are also exposed to various rumors, dealers giving their side of “what they heard”, what area reps may have said to someone, what someone at the factory was told, and on and on. It’s great that we get some insider stuff this way, but there is no guarantee that any of it is true or isn’t already subject to changes. Ford could handle official communication with customers a bit better In my opinion.

I’m not defending every decision Ford has made, but you need to readjust your expectations. There is no way during this current supply constraint that launching an all new vehicle would go smoothly. In the end they want to move metal and sell cars to customers. Hopefully six months from now a good portion of this is a distant memory.
Wonder how the Lightning and Maverick rollouts will be affected. Any idea?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When did you place your reservation with Ford? Your number 1 allocation is one part of the equation.
In this case allocation ranking is everything… because time stamps are ranked against only the other reservations at a specific dealership, it doesn’t matter what your time stamp is as long as you’re first in relation to the others where you placed your order.

(Typically, assuming a dealership has a spread of timestamps similar to the national spread, then an early timestamp is an early time stamp… but there exists a scenario in which a dealership could have only late reservations, it the earliest of those would receive their bronco at the same time as a day 1 reservation at another dealer.)

(and because dealerships are typically reluctant to tell a customer where they are in relation to the other orders, reservation time stamp is all we typically have to judge a person’s ranking)

(but since that person knows where they fall at their dealer, really, that’s what matters)

(clear as mud, right?)

;)

G Watkins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4C8A9EB0-2E51-47E7-A30B-7878FAFD91A2.gif

Wow! ‘21 models are going to be super rare. I wonder if that increases their value...
This is really the main reason I want(ed) a 2021. In 20 years these will be $100K cars. With inflation and moving to all electric, $200K.
Sponsored