Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow! You went completely off the rails there, the whole shot; twisting my posts, ignoring full passages, and fabricating lies by claiming I wrote that Ford was doing nothing.

We get that you are a dealer and probably feel you have to Defend/Promote Ford always, but seriously... If you truly believed what you are pushing, you wouldn't have felt the need to misrepresent my arguments and suggest I go elsewhere, you would have logically refuted them. An emotional response is a sign of someone who believes they lost an intellectual discussion. Your wholesale dismissal of the business ethics of the people in a financial bind due to Ford's choices is also not a good look, it might feed the stereotypical dealer image of having precious little in the way of ethics.

BTW, (and not rhetorical), how many weeks/months did Ford know their supplier couldn't produce the metaphorical glass before they made new promises to people?

It is painfully obvious that another emotional outburst will result from this post instead of reasoned discussion on the topics, vent away your anger. I hope it makes your feel better, I won't even defend myself or point out the flaws, you can 'win'. It seems important to you to do so.

None of my response was emotional. I'm sorry that you feel that way. As you request, we'll drop the conversation. I hope you enjoy your new Bronco.
Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you have a production date, how long after do you think until it lands at the dealership? Thx
Depends where you're located. California is typically about three to four weeks under normal production levels.

gettk

Big Bend
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C300
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Depends where you're located. California is typically about three to four weeks under normal production levels.
I'm in PA. I was thinking a week or two?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The HE will come as a stock trim and have the Sasquatch package as an option. It also will not be limited in production such as the 7000 limit imposed on the FE.
My first thought when I read this was maybe only about 7,000 people will order a Heritage Edition for MY22, which would make it just as "limited" as the First Edition. :)

My second thought was that based on MY21 production estimates, a "limited" First Edition could actually be produced in higher quantities than some of the other models, making those other models the real "limited" editions. 😄

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two things that come to mind on this:

1. I think Ford is anticipating exactly this desire for order holders to "punt"... which is why, if I were them, I would schedule all the way out to the MY change over before I released MY22 options and opened the MY22 order banks. We've been given a TON of notice already and allowed to "hold out" for potential MY22 options, so they need to put the brakes on that at some point. If there aren't any MY21's left to schedule by the time they release MY22 options, there's diminished issues.

2. Only the region/zone level can recode someone 99 after they are given a 10-19 code.... so if Ford doesn't heed my advice from my first point, and they release MY22 options and a MY21 order holder walks into their dealer to "punt"... the dealer can't do it. They have to request it from the region, and if I were the region, frankly I would deny it if I thought it would jam up scheduling... which it probably would if we multiply that scenario out.

If you want my thoughts:

Everyone should either emotionally prepare themselves to receive a MY21 with their ordered options immediately before or after the change over... or they should request the code 99 now and emotionally prepare themselves for a CY2022 delivery.

$0.02
Your .02 is worth somewhat more than that, because what you describe makes sense and if people like me have had thoughts about punting then people at Ford surely know about it and have planned on how to stop that. :)

Of course, a really easy way they could have managed this was to VIN every Bronco as a '22, á la '65 Mustang. Umpty years later, people could talk about the "21 1/2" Broncos and how they differed slightly from the "22" Broncos even though all were VIN '22s. :) But the real net result is that less people would be upset not getting a '21 or getting an "old" '21 right before '22s start coming out. The only reason I can think not to code all Broncos as '22s is the perception of not getting Broncos out until MY22 vs MY21. That must have carried more weight with Ford, as I would be shocked if this subject didn't come up in at least one high-level discussion.

The end result is that Murphy's Law says I am going to end up with an early December build. 😄

Kenny

Big Bend
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Silverado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2022MY Bronco order acceptance, scheduling and production dates have just been released. As always, these dates are subject to change.
  • 2022 Initial Orders Acceptance -- 9/13/21
  • 2022 Scheduling Begins -- 10/14/21
  • 2022 Production Start Up -- 12/13/21

What is Orders Acceptance and Scheduling?

"Initial Orders Acceptance" is when Ford will allow dealers to begin placing orders, but vehicles won't necessarily be built in the order that orders are received from dealers. They get scheduled based on parts and option availability at the plant. An individual option, or even the paint color, can delay your place in line until that option, or paint, is expected to be on-hand. "Scheduling Begins" is when they will start laying in the order of all those previously received dealer orders.

2022-ford-bronco-orders-scheduling-production.png

Source: Donlen
SIAP…don’t want to wade through 22 pages.

I have a 7/20 stamp. I wanted to use my local dealer, but, the salesman told me I would be getting a MY22. So I decided that if I was going to be ordering a MY21, but, getting essentially a MY22, I would hold my reservation and just order a MY22 with, HOPEFULLY, the things I want.

Is it the consensus of this group that bc of my holding a reservation, I will be able to jump in line come September (I know, I know based on Ford’s track record)? I’ll be able to order a real MY22 at that point, correct?

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They should give the people that were early orders, and were pushed to MY22, the opportunity to have first dibs on the heritage edition

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My first thought when I read this was maybe only about 7,000 people will order a Heritage Edition for MY22, which would make it just as "limited" as the First Edition. :)

My second thought was that based on MY21 production estimates, a "limited" First Edition could actually be produced in higher quantities than some of the other models, making those other models the real "limited" editions. 😄
I'm preparing myself for the other shoe to drop informing a late availability of the HE and Mod top in general. Some buyers won't be willing to wait. They may just settle for the build that can be built rather the build that may not get built. I'm very much interested in the HE. But there are limits to how long I'm willing to put off my build.

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This means July/August release of MY22 details, colors, etc.
More importantly, release of increased MSRP’s across all models and increased option package prices

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Gloff @PREMiERdrum @Granger Ford and all the other dealers I missed - can you answer with any certainty what happens if we PC99 now then ask to move back into the line later? Are we bumped way down? Or are we back where we were, so if we would've been assigned a VIN had we not 99ed then we'd be pretty much front of the line? Or are the commodity issues the main governing factor right now, and reservation timestamp/place in allocation line mean so very little anyways that it's pretty much a crapshoot?

Collin_Cope

Outer Banks
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Kinda glad I'm socking money away to pay cash for my build. By the time all this shakes out, I'll be ready. I've said all my life i'd not buy a new vehicle in it's first year of production.

As much as I want it, I'm sticking with my resolve.
I feel the exact same way. Worked out well almost. Forced me into waiting and saving.

gonefishing

Outer Banks
First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am so confused. I have a second day reservation and February order. Does this mean that If I don’t get a vin by September I will need to reorder?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm preparing myself for the other shoe to drop informing a late availability of the HE and Mod top in general. Some buyers won't be willing to wait. They may just settle for the build that can be built rather the build that may not get built. I'm very much interested in the HE. But there are limits to how long I'm willing to put off my build.
Agreed - after the worsening top news over the past few months, I think those Mod Tops are getting further and further away. It sure seems like most of August fully ramped production—and probably September too—are going to be four door soft tops. And if they are struggling so hard just to get MIC production (and quality) up to any semblance of full speed with two simple removable panels (Jeep has been doing this since 2007), then how hard will it be for them to get paint quality tops with another removable panel and removable windows?

While I was content to wait for an early 22 to get exactly what I want, I am now re-struggling with un-99'ing, and playing the lottery to get 95% with my original '21 Badlands build. Reality is, even with a mid-day two reservation, with 4 deadly sins (MIC, 2 dr, Badlands, tow), I may be '22 anyway.

I guess odds are I wouldn't get selected in the August and probably September cycle anyway, so why not wait a few weeks—hopefully the dealer gets their two door demo vehicle in to go look at and test drive—and see what 2022 announcements come out. However, given they haven't scheduled any additional Broncos in a while, and appear to be really struggling to schedule their full production ramp: how soon will they announce anything about 2022 at all?

I am guessing they sit on any real information about 2022 until NYIAS in late August, and that gives us very few weeks to decide on 2022 orders and what if any additional options there are.

As for HE - how did Ford do Bullit and Mach 1? Was there a totally separate reservation for those?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Gloff @PREMiERdrum @Granger Ford and all the other dealers I missed - can you answer with any certainty what happens if we PC99 now then ask to move back into the line later? Are we bumped way down? Or are we back where we were, so if we would've been assigned a VIN had we not 99ed then we'd be pretty much front of the line? Or are the commodity issues the main governing factor right now, and reservation timestamp/place in allocation line mean so very little anyways that it's pretty much a crapshoot?
I'm not a dealer, but a 99 did not jump you out of line and put you in the back of it. It just told Ford to skip you for now. As long as Ford continues to take time stamp into consideration, The moment you go from 99 to a 10 or 19, you are Right back in the pack were you left off.

Which actually sucks hardcore for people like me because I moved up with so many people stepping aside and will be pushed back once they get their spot back in line.
Sponsored