First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went ahead and printed out a copy of the B&P with today's pricing on it for every option. I hope to see Ford keep their word and maintain Price-lock for those of us with reservations since July 2020.
Sponsored

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is good news.

Hey Guys - I have not reserved/ordered a Bronco. I wanted the 2021 modular top and was just about to order when they pulled it in spring and then was told I also missed price protection. So I thought might as well wait until mannequins come in so I could see one first. Went in a few months ago when they showed up and dealer told me that I might as well wait until the 2022 because they would have to wait to enter it, etc. I obviously have made some bad choices and been too patient, but I knew there was 150k orders in front of me and the dealer did tell me in July that I might as well wait for 2022, and modular tops might come back.

Anyway, I just read in this thread that modular tops are now unlikely to even be ordered until 2023 order bank. If that is the case, I would rather go ahead and order one and avoid the ever increasing prices that will keep coming. Do you guys think there is any possible price advantage to going ahead and ordering a 2021 today or tomorrow? Any chance at all that Ford might offer me slightly better price increases if I ordered a 2021, etc? Or at this point and I screwed for a 5% price increase and might as well wait until 10/13(hopefully)? Any educated guesses are appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really depends what Ford does with the current buildable MY21 orders whether they auto roll them which I think will happen because I cant see them making the dealers re-order given the current volume sitting out there, their gonna scream. They will have to fix the ones that have non available colors for MY22, but I suspect those would end up in the clean up pile for dealers. Hopefully that guidance comes out sooner than later or its gonna be another on going shit show.
dealers here have already said anything pushed to 2022 has to do a reorder. Now I don't know if that's a simple copy/paste for a bunch and will be easy or if we have to check individual items again. I know my order is completely changing trims, options and possibly color.

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(800) 334-4375

That's the number for the Bronco team...

...it's important to keep some perspective though. All communications/negotiations/good news/bad news is supposed to occur between the *dealer* and the end customer... since those are the parties that are actually entering into the purchase agreement.

The Bronco hotline has the ability to see and share some stuff, but they are usually pretty stern about forcing people to speak with their dealer for info.
Unless your dealer doesn’t speak to you or seem to know anything about the Bronco. He had my order on a priority 99 “by accident” until I finally looked up what it meant and asked him. He fixed it but not until beginning of Sept. The Bronco team person was very nice and helpful with basic info my dealer didn’t tell me because he doesn’t know. I wasn’t asking when my Bronco was coming or anything like that. Just wanted some general info and updates that was real. Very happy with them

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went ahead and printed out a copy of the B&P with today's pricing on it for every option. I hope to see Ford keep their word and maintain Price-lock for those of us with reservations since July 2020.
I'm guessing that if you place an order for the exact same build, they will price lock. But change one thing...then that one thing will be at 2022 pricing. Wait and see...

Sponsored

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wonder how much price increses will be. Just curious is all. Heck I didnt even order yet. Waiting for the October 13th date. 2 door, MIC top. Not interested in convert top. Lets guess one year to delivery. Ok, comments wellcome.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is good news.

Hey Guys - I have not reserved/ordered a Bronco. I wanted the 2021 modular top and was just about to order when they pulled it in spring and then was told I also missed price protection. So I thought might as well wait until mannequins come in so I could see one first. Went in a few months ago when they showed up and dealer told me that I might as well wait until the 2022 because they would have to wait to enter it, etc. I obviously have made some bad choices and been too patient, but I knew there was 150k orders in front of me and the dealer did tell me in July that I might as well wait for 2022, and modular tops might come back.

Anyway, I just read in this thread that modular tops are now unlikely to even be ordered until 2023 order bank. If that is the case, I would rather go ahead and order one and avoid the ever increasing prices that will keep coming. Do you guys think there is any possible price advantage to going ahead and ordering a 2021 today or tomorrow? Any chance at all that Ford might offer me slightly better price increases if I ordered a 2021, etc? Or at this point and I screwed for a 5% price increase and might as well wait until 10/13(hopefully)? Any educated guesses are appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan
The price protection deal by Ford for MY21 was for reservations converted to orders by 3/19 or around there. Anything after that is fair game, but I would imagine that price increases are coming and I would sure think it will be a bigger jump for a new MY23 order.

Edit to add this is why a bunch of MY22/23 orders specially for the MOD top were put in by that date coded as 99. Those are actual orders just not buildable or on hold.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are several unresolved questions that I have regarding converting a 2021 order to a 2022 order once ordering resumes on 13 Oct.

1.. What does Ford/The Dealership consider a “similarly equipped build” as it relates to Ford guaranteed price protection for those that ordered by the cutoff in 2021?

Ford has consistently refrained from involving themselves in dealership/buyer pricing conflicts, even when dealerships have priced early reservation holders out of their ordered Bronco by requiring exorbitant ADMs and nullifying prior agreed to pricing. This gives the dealership all the leverage in the price negotiations and incentivizes the dealership to force the reservation holder out….as long as they don’t lose over 20% of original named orders. Ford has effectively told dealerships to let their conscience be their guide when it comes time to honor pricing agreements with reservation holders, and Ford will turn a blind eye to the unethical practice.

2. What happens when dealers don’t honor 2021 pricing for early 2020 reservation holders when they are forced to resubmit a new order for a 2022 model?

3. Will the reservation holder be allowed to place their order with a different dealership if the dealership holding their reservation/allocation decides to ignore Ford, and price the customers Bronco at 2022 prices or tack on an ADM?

There appears to be a lot of opportunity for unscrupulous dealership shenanigans with this flawed from day one process.

I’ve done everything Ford has asked since I reserved on July 13, 2020 at 6:10 MT, and obtained a #1 of 56 dealership allocations. I’ve stayed pumped, so to speak, and I haven’t even sniffed a VIN. The only thing I didn’t do for Ford was abandon my 2dr preference and change my order to a 4dr soft top.

If Ford allows its customers to be steamrolled by dealerships when reordering a 2022 model, that will be a bridge too far for this loyal Ford customer. I will sell the 4dr BB Bronco I picked up when the order was abandoned, as well as my 2021 Ranger, and I will never buy another Ford product. I will immediately purchase a loaded Willy’s Jeep Extreme Recon…..not because I want one, but out of spite.

josedirte

Badlands
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3500 Ram Limited, 2017 Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What happens if you change your order from 21 to 22 does that void the price guarantee?
Thinking I am not going to change hate to screw up a good thing.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Near as I can tell, and this is not accounting for VIP orders. The things that will matter in how fast you will see a MY22 Bronco are as follows (and likely in this order):

Likely fixed in place:

1. Dealer allocation
2. Commodity Constraints
3. Dealer Priority Code

There may be some interplay between these 4:

4. Order of Previous MY21 Orders
5. Reservation Timestamp
6. Order Conversion Timestamp
7. Final Order Timestamp

For instance, I would expect that someone who had an early reservation might not automatically jump ahead of someone who converts and finalizes an order days/weeks before them.

Just my thoughts based on what I have seen to date.
I think what you are saying is basically correct . . . if my timestamp is ahead of yours but the Bronco I am ordering still has constraints (MIC or whatever else) and your build does not, you will receive your Bronco ahead of mine despite my earlier timestamp. Same with allocations, if my dealer has used all allocations but your dealer has not, you might also receive your Bronco ahead of mine. The timestamp works when "all things being equal" and in those cases the earlier timestamps will be built and delivered before the later ones.

Sponsored

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm guessing that if you place an order for the exact same build, they will price lock. But change one thing...then that one thing will be at 2022 pricing. Wait and see...
If you have a 2021 reservation you are price locked on everything but new options or trim levels offered for 2022. If you add a lux from a mid package you are supposed to be locked on the 2021 price. If it is something new only on 2022 orders it will be at 2022 prices. I check with my dealer already as I have to change colors for my Bronco that is invoking a price change (in my favor). I will still have price locked on all the other components of my build, sasquatch and 2.7.

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are a couple reasons why staying in the 2021 MY may be important to people. 1) dropped colors 2) in some cases protection against price increases.

Note, these really aren't "new" orders, but reservations that Ford would have taken if not for production delays.

I'm glad to be in 2022 in some respects because of additional options that they pushed to the 2nd year.

I posted in an earlier thread that Ford went silly with all the Bronco "flavors" and how they limit people's choices. For example, they could combine Base, Big Bend and Black Diamond together. Allow any configuration to opt for the MGV interior and up to the Mid package. No need to have a slightly lower rollover on the BL then the 'squatch---it's the same shock except a .67" spacer added to the end.
I understand that an order put in now won't be built until 2022.
I also understand that any 2022 builds won't have certain 2021 options available. ex. paint colors.
I believe price increase protection ended for March 2021 reservation holders.
But hey it gives Ford a good reason to delay the 2022 B&P order banks.

bob.walnut12

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone think any of the much talked about special editions, will be open for orders on 10/13, or just the carryover models from 2021?
Retweeting this ^^^^ -- do we have any inklings that new speculated trim levels/options/colors will be available for order once these 2022 order banks presumably open on 10/13? do we think that Ford will announce these before 10/13?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Retweeting this ^^^^ -- do we have any inklings that new speculated trim levels/options/colors will be available for order once these 2022 order banks presumably open on 10/13? do we think that Ford will announce these before 10/13?
Ford has confirmed that Hot Pepper Red and Eruption Green will be new colors for MY'22. We do know that capable bumper will finally be available since being shown at launch. It had been mentioned that Manual Sasquatch will be an option (not sure if it will extend across all trims - i.e. OBX can't be ordered with a manual for MY'21; it may be an option for MY'22).

The Bronco Raptor won't be available until mid-MY'22 and it will likely have a separate reservation system based on limited allocation.

It has been speculated that an Everglades Edition will be available for MY'22, but what it exactly includes and when it will be available has not been confirmed.

Now, until we get the dealer's order guide, we are left to speculate as I wouldn't count on Ford being forthcoming with their communication based on past communications.
Sponsored