Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You do not need a reservation, if you buy a dealer demo or an abandoned order, and don't mind paying ADM (Additional Dealer Mark-Up). It is HIGHLY unlikely that would will walk up to a random dealership with no prior relationship and walk away with a Bronco and not pay an ADM. I would also expect many dealers to offer their dealer demos or abandoned orders to long time favored customers. However, you could still beat the odds! It's equally unlikely you would get an order processed without a reservation, but that could be done simultaneously at the dealership along with the order as soon as the MY22 order banks are open.
That’s what I want to do reserve and order all at the same time but we’ll see if that’s possible
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s what I want to do reserve and order all at the same time but we’ll see if that’s possible
It will be possible when the order banks re-open.

FairFrank

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Of course, it's great news. But what do you think about the final price? As far as I calculated right, the fully-loaded top trim could go up to over $55,000. Isn't it a robbery?

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Of course, it's great news. But what do you think about the final price? As far as I calculated right, the fully-loaded top trim could go up to over $55,000. Isn't it a robbery?
You can get pretty close to $70k with a 4xe or into the 60s with a regular Jeep so expect Ford to stay in line with the competition's products

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Actually, that's a great point, this is not an inexpensive vehicle with the exception of the base model, Ford pushed the price as high as it could without causing disinterest in the platform (which is exactly what they should do). However, many of us have taken steps to mitigate that to the best of our ability... compromising on ultimate capability vs price. I know that pricing (although not a limiting factor) was a consideration and I had a number that I was not willing to exceed, for me that number was $50k.

So, yes, the top trims (including the FE) approached 60k when all was said and done with MSRP and delivery. However, it would be hard to consider a mid package Big Bend (BB) at $38k or mid package (BD) at $41k as stripped units without creature comforts or basic off-road capabilities, which is $9-12k under my price target and $14-17k under $55k.

As far as my personal build at $48k, I don't feel that the 2 Door 2.7 Twin Turbo Outer Banks with a Molded In color Top, Advanced 4x4 transfer case, a rear locker, towing package, and all the features of the LUX package (Std + Mid + High features are all included) was highway robbery... However, it certainly was at the edge of what I was willing to spend.

What would have been a better value for the same on/off-road capability, modularity, and comfort features? I'll wait...

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can change 2/4 door plenty of people have done it and got VINs
Unless you have kids/family to tow around, the 2D is- IMO -worth holding out for.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you have kids/family to tow around, the 2D is- IMO -worth holding out for.
That’s a personal choice. Ford’s system will allow anyone to change regardless of how many kids you have.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. The body color keypad was first seen on the Eruption Green OBX reveal. Speaking of which, you will note the colors of the Ranger. Hot Pepper Red is the only new one replacing Rapid Red so that means the Eruption Green will be Bronco specific (for now). But the Ranger is doing a Splash package with different paint each quarter. Might be crazy to suggest, but Eruption Green may be a late availability to coincide if/when it is used on the Ranger Splash.
Where's that picture? I couldn't find it. I just hid mine behind the gas door this week.

5763CF44-4B6D-41C5-B69E-F3922901C29F.jpeg

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was it mentioned yet if the manual Sas option will be available in the order bank on Oct 13? That's supposed to be available as an MY22 option, correct?

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was it mentioned yet if the manual Sas option will be available in the order bank on Oct 13? That's supposed to be available as an MY22 option, correct?
No and Yes to your questions. Speculation on my part is that they are going to keep the process as simple as possible (other than paint, bumpers, keypads, etc) for the first quarter. A manual sasquatch may not be available across all trims. My guess is that there won't be a Base Man Squatch. Ford may make it available immediately, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is delayed till the second quarter.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where's that picture? I couldn't find it. I just hid mine behind the gas door this week.

5763CF44-4B6D-41C5-B69E-F3922901C29F.jpeg
I plan on relocating mine also whether it is body color or MIC. I think it looks clunky even if it will blend in better being body color for MY'22. I originally was going to get it after delivery with Ford Pass points, but then it was revealed that it still requires the dealer to activate it, which in total costs more than getting it from the factory. So I'll let them slap that tootsie roll on the door and I'll relocate it when it gets home. (I'll try and find a picture of the green keypad.)

Update: I couldn't find the green keypad though I swear I saw an early photo of it. But I did find the Hot Pepper Red body color keypad.
hot-pepper-red-2022-bronco-2-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on relocating mine also whether it is body color or MIC. I think it looks clunky even if it will blend in better being body color for MY'22. I originally was going to get it after delivery with Ford Pass points, but then it was revealed that it still requires the dealer to activate it, which in total costs more than getting it from the factory. So I'll let them slap that tootsie roll on the door and I'll relocate it when it gets home. (I'll try and find a picture of the green keypad.)
I bought mine as an accessory. But I was lucky enough that my work has FDRS software. Same process as the ranger keypad programming worked.

CJW0314

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor / 13’ GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just the reservation banks open oct 13. Order banks open later tbd
I don’t believe this is an accurate statement, can someone please confirm? Title of the thread is “Order Banks Open October 13th”

jason1114

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t believe this is an accurate statement, can someone please confirm? Title of the thread is “Order Banks Open October 13th”
Dealer I talked to said Reservations and Ordering both open 10/13…..hopefully!!
Sponsored