www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Official correspondence from Ford:

Subject: Bronco Production Update

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, is on track to begin deliveries this summer, however, today we will be announcing to all Bronco customers who have placed an order the following production changes for 2021MY.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual top roofs will move from 21MY late availability to 22MY
  • The Carbonized gray molded-in-color (MIC) roof is now the only roof option for First Edition and WildTrak Broncos
  • A no charge Sound Deadening Headliner for hardtops (previously announced to Dealers 3/19)
  • A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)
While we know this news will be frustrating for dealerships and customers, we want you to know we are committed to getting customers the Bronco they want as soon as possible. We are making millions of dollars of incremental investments to increase production of Broncos to meet demand on all these high-end models. We hope to share more information soon.

Updated with further correspondence / info:

CONVERSION TO ORDERS:
  • Updating you today on Bronco conversation rate: We have seen 125,000 customers convert their order from the more than 190,000 Bronco 2-door and 4-door reservations in the U.S. and Canada
    • 70 percent higher trim series (Badlands, Wildtrak, First Edition, Outer Banks)
    • More than 60 percent + 2.7-liter V6
PRODUCTION CHALLENGES:
  • COVID19 has had an impact to our hardtop roof supplier.
  • The hardtop roof challenges combined with orders of more than 125,000 compounds an already short 2021 model year production schedule and means more customers will get a 2022 model year Bronco.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual-top roof options will now move into the 2022 model year
  • Customers who currently have the black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):
    • Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof
    • Order the black soft top roof; Excludes Wildtrak and 2-door
    • Wait for black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof option for 2022 model year
    • Customers will now have until April 8 to work with your dealer to update/modify their order
HOW WILL I BE NOTIFIED:
  • We are sending letters today to thank customers affected by the roof change for their patience
COMPENSATION:
  • Ford is providing up to 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points (a $1,000 value) which they can use to personalize their Bronco through Ford Accessories. (applies to all First Edition and customers who ordered Mod or Dual top roof and switch for 21MY)
  • We are maintaining 2021 model year pricing through the 2022 model year for all order and reservation holders as of March 19 waiting for their Bronco.
  • In addition, 2022 model year customers will have new choices for colors and special editions starting next year
  • In addition, providing waiting customers a $250 voucher for all order holders as of March 19 deadline for early access to any one of four Bronco Off-Roadeos so they can get behind the wheel of a Bronco in the wild.

And some MY2022 UPDATE:

Ford Bronco đź—“  Modular Painted Top and Dual Tops Pushed to 2022 (Cloth and MIC tops only available at launch) + green color and white top confirmed Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 12.32.31 PM
Sponsored

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The big news released at 3pm so far.

- Mod Painted Top and Dual Top are all 2022
-125,000 reservations.
-70% high trims
-over 60% 2.7V6
-Cloth and MIC tops only available at launch

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whoa! That's actually big news!

Seems like Ford should have put that out there before March 19th.

Sponsored

Broncosofinsta

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, doesn't matter if you have a First Edition. It will still be pushed to MY 22 if you order the Black Mod top or the dual tops. You can change your order up to April 8th

Edit: First Edition's have only one roof option - MIC

Last edited:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm hoping to be an early '22, but now I'm wondering if the mod top will even start pushing back '22 orders.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was always "late availability" right?

So what is the ongoing bad news??? On a conference call and can't listen in. :alien:

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have until April 8 to change. First edition is also included in that push back if you go black top.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also, doesn't matter if you have a First Edition. It will still be pushed to MY 22 if you order the Black Mod top or the dual tops. You can change your order up to April 8th
Only change until 8 APR for FEs????

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The big news released at 3pm so far.

-Dual top and black painted are ALL 2022
-125,000 reservations.
-70% high trims
-over 60% 2.7V6
-Cloth and MIC tops only available at launch
No surprises there.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
125K reservations or orders? Why would we be talking about reservations?

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if this is because they are completely changing the roof design to accommodate the new roof rails. :(
Sponsored