Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess this just became more valuable. It says 2021, with a modular painted top. One of a kind!!

E1790A34-208D-44F9-83B0-1032ADAD7B74.jpeg
Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Except a bunch of have it, so it's not 1 of a kind
but still very cool
(y)

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Except a bunch of have it, so it's not 1 of a kind
but still very cool
(y)
You are right, Ryuk. I should have said, "This is the only way you can get a 2021 painted MOD top!"

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's crazy. This will be the first Ford product I have ever owned. And, it strangely reminds me of an article I read years ago about Land Rover when I owned a Discovery. The jist of it was that they have very little difficulty attracting new customers, because they are an aspirational brand. BUT, they have a really hard time retaining customers and having them purchase multiple times. In Land Rover's case, it was due to reliability issues. But, in Ford's case it might be due to this sh&t show which, at the moment, looks like nothing but amateur hour. They are banking on the buzz surrounding the new Bronco and forgetting that the longer term goal should be creating lifelong customers. It is truly bizarre.
What shit show? There were Mod top issues and delays communicated as early as Oct...this has been on the radar for a while. Deliveries of other MIC top Broncos are still scheduled for June start, which is only couple months behind schedule. Auto manufacturers have delayed many other vehicle releases this year...Bronco is not alone in having manufacturing and supply chain issues.

Lastly, I just don't buy into this Chicken Little "Sky is falling" mentality. If it is causing you this much distress, then just back away from the keyboard and buy a different vehicle. 10 years from now, nobody will give a shit about small launch delays. Never have I heard so many people complain about something they are choosing to do.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well....since it's so close to the usual debut of the next year model(September-October)....why not just make them all my22?

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure this has been asked 100 times but I haven't seen an answer...

What shade of "grey/black" are the fender flares and mirrors?

Are they MIC grey, are they Mod Black or are they something between and the argument is simply what looks best or closest?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why Ford wouldn't make them all a single color, or offer the option (apparently in 2025 or whenever they get their shit together) for single color grey or single color black?

I have a 4 Dr FE LB ordered, asked for the black mod and soft, so im up shits creek with the current offerings.
They are pretty close to the same now.
Ford Bronco đź—“  Modular Painted Top and Dual Tops Pushed to 2022 (Cloth and MIC tops only available at launch) + green color and white top confirmed 1616979595830

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm staying in calling dealer tomorrow having them add sound deadening headliner. Everything else will buy aftermarket. When it gets here it gets here. I have to say it will be odd getting mine before some first addition people. Call me crazy but it's kinda in the name I would figure ford would be putting all focus on you 7000 folks first.

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's just the clever name, not a description of what it is.

Think of it as the "First [special] Edition."

No different than calling it the "Launch Edition"... which is what they probably should have done.
But some would say it didn’t launch at all. More like watching a drunken race horse stumble off the line at the Kentucky derby. Then its fans can be heard saying, Oh darn, well, there is always next year.

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going to turn a negative into a positive by going on a hunger strike ( diet actually, but a hunger strike sounds so much more dramatic), until my Bronco is delivered. Doing the math, I think I’ll lose at a minimum 38 pounds before i get the nod.

Sponsored

EddieV

First Edition
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sad I won't be getting the MOD top on my FE. Will now have painted black grille & mirror caps, but MIC top & fenders. Would a vinyl wrap of the MIC top work?
Nope. I have talked to several different shops. I was told by all of them that wrap won’t hold to molded plastic.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Based on what has been said in other threads
About 125,000 converted Reservations means:
~34,000 2 doors
~91,000 4 doors
Of those
-50,000 are I4 (So we can gather that about 22,000 are manual and 28,0000 are automatic)
~75,000 are V6

~ 62,000 are Sasquatch

~ 88,000 are high trims??

Just a bit of perspective since it sounds like ford will produce maybe 60,000 broncos this year?

Base it on the MOD top that forum members ordered. I would say about 20% of the converted reservations are MY22 unless owners switch to a MIC top. So 100,000 orders are considered for MY21.

Just random number crunching, correct me if I am wrong
I’ve been helping my son with AP Stats. At a sample size of 2831, our percentages should be a relatively close approximation of the 125000 orders.

Since 15.4% chose 7MT and 26.2% chose 2.3L you can assume that of your 2.3L numbers are high - especially for automatic 2.3s. It should be more like 17710 7MTs and 12420 2.3 autos, with the remainder being 84870 2.7s. We’re there other percentages posted somewhere?

Then again, 40.4% Badlands sounds like a high number.

I guess we are outliers 🤷‍♂️

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Members of an automotive enthusiast forum dedicated to a new generation launch (6G) would definitely be considered outliers compared to the general population.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve been helping my son with AP Stats. At a sample size of 2831, our percentages should be a relatively close approximation of the 125000 orders.

Since 15.4% chose 7MT and 26.2% chose 2.3L you can assume that of your 2.3L numbers are high - especially for automatic 2.3s. It should be more like 17710 7MTs and 12420 2.3 autos, with the remainder being 84870 2.7s. We’re there other percentages posted somewhere?

Then again, 40.4% Badlands sounds like a high number.

The numbers for 2.3, manual, and V6 are close to accurate (I did a lot of rounding to make it easier to read) Those were the percentages I used were in that Ford meeting thing somewhere in this long thread. Only number I am guessing at was the MOD top take rate.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The numbers for 2.3, manual, and V6 are close to accurate (I did a lot of rounding to make it easier to read) Those were the percentages I used were in that Ford meeting thing somewhere in this long thread. Only number I am guessing at was the MOD top take rate.
Hmmm - going to have to analyze this.
Sponsored