B6G Order percentages
37% 2 Doors
15.5% 7sp
48% Sasquatch
Sponsored

Deleted member 10966

Official correspondence from Ford:

Subject: Bronco Production Update

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, is on track to begin deliveries this summer, however, today we will be announcing to all Bronco customers who have placed an order the following production changes for 2021MY.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual top roofs will move from 21MY late availability to 22MY
  • The Carbonized gray molded-in-color (MIC) roof is now the only roof option for First Edition and WildTrak Broncos
  • A no charge Sound Deadening Headliner for hardtops (previously announced to Dealers 3/19)
  • A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)
While we know this news will be frustrating for dealerships and customers, we want you to know we are committed to getting customers the Bronco they want as soon as possible. We are making millions of dollars of incremental investments to increase production of Broncos to meet demand on all these high-end models. We hope to share more information soon.

Updated with further correspondence / info:

CONVERSION TO ORDERS:
  • Updating you today on Bronco conversation rate: We have seen 125,000 customers convert their order from the more than 190,000 Bronco 2-door and 4-door reservations in the U.S. and Canada
    • 70 percent higher trim series (Badlands, Wildtrak, First Edition, Outer Banks)
    • More than 60 percent + 2.7-liter V6
PRODUCTION CHALLENGES:
  • COVID19 has had an impact to our hardtop roof supplier.
  • The hardtop roof challenges combined with orders of more than 125,000 compounds an already short 2021 model year production schedule and means more customers will get a 2022 model year Bronco.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual-top roof options will now move into the 2022 model year
  • Customers who currently have the black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):
    • Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof
    • Order the black soft top roof; Excludes Wildtrak and 2-door
    • Wait for black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof option for 2022 model year
    • Customers will now have until April 8 to work with your dealer to update/modify their order
HOW WILL I BE NOTIFIED:
  • We are sending letters today to thank customers affected by the roof change for their patience
COMPENSATION:
  • Ford is providing up to 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points (a $1,000 value) which they can use to personalize their Bronco through Ford Accessories. (applies to all First Edition and customers who ordered Mod or Dual top roof and switch for 21MY)
  • We are maintaining 2021 model year pricing through the 2022 model year for all order and reservation holders as of March 19 waiting for their Bronco.
  • In addition, 2022 model year customers will have new choices for colors and special editions starting next year
  • In addition, providing waiting customers a $250 voucher for all order holders as of March 19 deadline for early access to any one of four Bronco Off-Roadeos so they can get behind the wheel of a Bronco in the wild.

And some MY2022 UPDATE:

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 12.32.31 PM.jpg
Does Molded in color mean the same color of the vehicle or does it just mean blackish

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does Molded in color mean the same color of the vehicle or does it just mean blackish
It means the plastic pellets used to mold the part are all the desired color. The plastic is not painted.

In this case the colors selected is "Carbonized Gray"

Deleted member 10966

It means the plastic pellets used to mold the part are all the desired color. The plastic is not painted.

In this case the colors selected is "Carbonized Gray"
that would be same as the fenders

Sponsored

dubie7006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow. I've been away from the site for a bit as I've had other priorities and focused less on the Bronco since I figured I'd be waiting a year anyway. But holy crap this launch has been a total disaster. I was assuming I'd end up buying/taking delivery in CY2022 but honestly after this debacle (and the new options) I'm thinking it may not be til CY2023. 2+ years to get a new vehicle. And not an exotic. Absolutely incredible.

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What shit show? There were Mod top issues and delays communicated as early as Oct...this has been on the radar for a while. Deliveries of other MIC top Broncos are still scheduled for June start, which is only couple months behind schedule. Auto manufacturers have delayed many other vehicle releases this year...Bronco is not alone in having manufacturing and supply chain issues.

Lastly, I just don't buy into this Chicken Little "Sky is falling" mentality. If it is causing you this much distress, then just back away from the keyboard and buy a different vehicle. 10 years from now, nobody will give a shit about small launch delays. Never have I heard so many people complain about something they are choosing to do.
What are you talking about? Where do you get "Chicken Little.....mentality" from my comments? I'm not sure about you, but whenever I'm dropping anything in the neighborhood of $65,000, I expect good and accurate service. Ford often seems to have no plan whatsoever. Defend them if you want, but it doesn't make them right. And, it absolutely gives me pause when they are basically telling everyone with highly optioned vehicles "welcome to the back of the line". It's poor business management. And it's that simple. It's a car dude. Don't get too emotional.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. I've been away from the site for a bit as I've had other priorities and focused less on the Bronco since I figured I'd be waiting a year anyway. But holy crap this launch has been a total disaster. I was assuming I'd end up buying/taking delivery in CY2022 but honestly after this debacle (and the new options) I'm thinking it may not be til CY2023. 2+ years to get a new vehicle. And not an exotic. Absolutely incredible.
I'd be more impressed with your rant if you included your reservation date.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What are you talking about? Where do you get "Chicken Little.....mentality" from my comments? I'm not sure about you, but whenever I'm dropping anything in the neighborhood of $65,000, I expect good and accurate service. Ford often seems to have no plan whatsoever. Defend them if you want, but it doesn't make them right. And, it absolutely gives me pause when they are basically telling everyone with highly optioned vehicles "welcome to the back of the line". It's poor business management. And it's that simple. It's a car dude. Don't get too emotional.
Would you rather them rush an pump out Broncos left and right and have all sorts of issues? Because I've been told by folks with sources and folks at the plant that they could have pushed through a lot faster to maintain the timeline at the risk of quality, but are instead taking extra precautions to focus on quality.

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would you rather them rush an pump out Broncos left and right and have all sorts of issues? Because I've been told by folks with sources and folks at the plant that they could have pushed through a lot faster to maintain the timeline at the risk of quality, but are instead taking extra precautions to focus on quality.
Absolutely not. Waiting is far preferable. But frustrating none the less. Quality is VERY important.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was funny reading "don't get too emotional" at the end of that rant.

The reality is that you are choosing to pay a premium to be an early adopter of a vehicle launch. This reality and your expectations don't reconcile.

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was funny reading "don't get too emotional" at the end of that rant.

The reality is that you are choosing to pay a premium to be an early adopter of a vehicle launch. This reality and your expectations don't reconcile.
To what "premium" are you referring? I'm paying MSRP for the vehicle, a price which simply happens to be at the upper end of the Bronco spectrum. And the cost isn't even the issue. It's the level of communications thus far that is problematic.
Sponsored