Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner 1988
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Official correspondence from Ford:

Subject: Bronco Production Update

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, is on track to begin deliveries this summer, however, today we will be announcing to all Bronco customers who have placed an order the following production changes for 2021MY.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual top roofs will move from 21MY late availability to 22MY
  • The Carbonized gray molded-in-color (MIC) roof is now the only roof option for First Edition and WildTrak Broncos
  • A no charge Sound Deadening Headliner for hardtops (previously announced to Dealers 3/19)
  • A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)
While we know this news will be frustrating for dealerships and customers, we want you to know we are committed to getting customers the Bronco they want as soon as possible. We are making millions of dollars of incremental investments to increase production of Broncos to meet demand on all these high-end models. We hope to share more information soon.

Updated with further correspondence / info:

CONVERSION TO ORDERS:
  • Updating you today on Bronco conversation rate: We have seen 125,000 customers convert their order from the more than 190,000 Bronco 2-door and 4-door reservations in the U.S. and Canada
    • 70 percent higher trim series (Badlands, Wildtrak, First Edition, Outer Banks)
    • More than 60 percent + 2.7-liter V6
PRODUCTION CHALLENGES:
  • COVID19 has had an impact to our hardtop roof supplier.
  • The hardtop roof challenges combined with orders of more than 125,000 compounds an already short 2021 model year production schedule and means more customers will get a 2022 model year Bronco.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual-top roof options will now move into the 2022 model year
  • Customers who currently have the black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):
    • Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof
    • Order the black soft top roof; Excludes Wildtrak and 2-door
    • Wait for black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof option for 2022 model year
    • Customers will now have until April 8 to work with your dealer to update/modify their order
HOW WILL I BE NOTIFIED:
  • We are sending letters today to thank customers affected by the roof change for their patience
COMPENSATION:
  • Ford is providing up to 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points (a $1,000 value) which they can use to personalize their Bronco through Ford Accessories. (applies to all First Edition and customers who ordered Mod or Dual top roof and switch for 21MY)
  • We are maintaining 2021 model year pricing through the 2022 model year for all order and reservation holders as of March 19 waiting for their Bronco.
  • In addition, 2022 model year customers will have new choices for colors and special editions starting next year
  • In addition, providing waiting customers a $250 voucher for all order holders as of March 19 deadline for early access to any one of four Bronco Off-Roadeos so they can get behind the wheel of a Bronco in the wild.

And some MY2022 UPDATE:

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 12.32.31 PM.jpg
Any ballpark of how many they are planning to make a month ?

beto3005

Badlands
First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can change your order to a different trim, door series, whatever.

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 16.57.18.png
Hey man. Where did you get this snippet? My dealer is making a fuss about switching to a Badlands from a Wildtrak (due to black top delay). He said he needs me to find "proof"...smh

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do a conference call with Grainger

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey man. Where did you get this snippet? My dealer is making a fuss about switching to a Badlands from a Wildtrak (due to black top delay). He said he needs me to find "proof"...smh
Here you go.

While you’re talking with your dealer, you should ask why they aren’t reading their communications from corporate, and why on god’s green earth you’re the one to be informing them.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...lor-and-white-top-confirmed.14286/post-522483

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife would be all over this color. But she'd want white mirror caps if white flares.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The Bronco order guide was updated on 4/1. STILL lists MOD and dual tops 6 days after killing them for MY2021 😡.

LATE AVAILABILITY – Subject to Change
  • Modular Hard Top, Shadow Black-Painted (43V)
  • Dual Tops–Molded-in-Color(MIC) Hard Top+Black Soft
    Top (43Z)
  • Dual Tops – Modular Shadow Black-Painted Hard Top +
    Black Soft Top (43B)
  • First Edition Black Onyx Leather-Trimmed/Vinyl Seats (5V)
LATEST ORDER GUIDE UPDATES
  • Added: The Tow Hook feature to Black Diamond, Badlands
    and First Edition Standard Equipment pages to clarify that
    these series have two (2) Rear Tow Hooks
  • Revised: Availability for Hard Top Sound Deadening
    Headliner (60B). Where optional availability remains, it has been moved from the Ford Accessories (Custom Accessories, Pre-Installed) section to the Free Standing Packages & Options (FSO) section.
  • Revised: Descriptions and Note information for Storage Bags (87D/87E)
  • Revised: Descriptions for Dealer Installed Options (DIO) Storage Bags
  • Revised: The Note for Wildtrak Bodyside Graphic(50C)
  • Revised: The first trademark symbol from ® to TM;
    AdvanceTrac® with RSC® (Roll Stability ControlTM) to
    AdvanceTracTM with RSC® (Roll Stability ControlTM)
  • Revised: B&O Sound System by Bang&Olufsen with 10
    Speakers, including Subwoofer to B&O® Sound System by Bang & Olufsen, 10 Speakers including Subwoofer

Attachments

Sponsored

ummie4

Wildtrak
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's there a video somewhere showing the MOD top breakdown, as in panel removal and overall removal of the top?

ummie4

Wildtrak
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@ZackDanger i was really hoping to see how the turret holes open and get a feel for their size

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@ZackDanger i was really hoping to see how the turret holes open and get a feel for their size
We have not seen any photos or videos of that gunner hatch, either open/removed or its function.

In fact, there’s only been a couple of mod tops seen in the wild (black BL 2-door end red OB fishing concept 4-door), and those were hand built pre-production.

There were a couple of doors off a Mod top on the assembly line a month or two ago, but I’m not sure we’ve seen that unit since.