First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Using the price list, lt appears that the factory costs of the tops are as follows:

• Soft top: $1100 (ST+MIC=$1795. MIC upgrade from ST=$695. $1795-$695=$1100)
  • MIC: $1795 (cost of MIC+ST dual tops where ST is standard)
  • MOD: $2995 (ST + $1895)
An interesting question is why were they asking someone with a WT or a FE order (standard MIC) pay the same price to upgrade to the MOD top as someone upgrading from the other trims that come with the cheaper soft top as standard equipment? Effective cost on WT/FE is $3690.
Your correct, been a while since I looked at it. The cost of the mod top is $3000. I meant to say the wildtrak and FE new base price included the $1100 of the soft top. Effectively they are giving you the $695 upgrade fee to MIC, but not a free top.
Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah idk about that. I know it's a different market but mortgage rates are skyrocketing
Well I hope you’re not taking out a mortgage for your Bronco. 😜

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed, Ford messed up the launch big time.

What parallel universe do you live in to think that there will not be numerous issues at delivery, it is still the same company?
I could be wrong but I hope that Ford is making sure to minimize issues at launch. Otherwise they could just have went ahead and not done any of these delays. I may be wrong but I have more trust in Ford then clearly a lot of people on B6G have.

If you look at Ford's past releases I bet that we won't see a single production Bronco until Ford is pretty sure there won't be huge issues at delivery. I would bet no MY21 deliveries before betting the deliveries are all messed up.

Everyone has their opinion and I am clearly in the minority.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Official correspondence from Ford:

Subject: Bronco Production Update

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, is on track to begin deliveries this summer, however, today we will be announcing to all Bronco customers who have placed an order the following production changes for 2021MY.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual top roofs will move from 21MY late availability to 22MY
  • The Carbonized gray molded-in-color (MIC) roof is now the only roof option for First Edition and WildTrak Broncos
  • A no charge Sound Deadening Headliner for hardtops (previously announced to Dealers 3/19)
  • A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)
While we know this news will be frustrating for dealerships and customers, we want you to know we are committed to getting customers the Bronco they want as soon as possible. We are making millions of dollars of incremental investments to increase production of Broncos to meet demand on all these high-end models. We hope to share more information soon.

Updated with further correspondence / info:

CONVERSION TO ORDERS:
  • Updating you today on Bronco conversation rate: We have seen 125,000 customers convert their order from the more than 190,000 Bronco 2-door and 4-door reservations in the U.S. and Canada
    • 70 percent higher trim series (Badlands, Wildtrak, First Edition, Outer Banks)
    • More than 60 percent + 2.7-liter V6
PRODUCTION CHALLENGES:
  • COVID19 has had an impact to our hardtop roof supplier.
  • The hardtop roof challenges combined with orders of more than 125,000 compounds an already short 2021 model year production schedule and means more customers will get a 2022 model year Bronco.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual-top roof options will now move into the 2022 model year
  • Customers who currently have the black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):
    • Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof
    • Order the black soft top roof; Excludes Wildtrak and 2-door
    • Wait for black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof option for 2022 model year
    • Customers will now have until April 8 to work with your dealer to update/modify their order
HOW WILL I BE NOTIFIED:
  • We are sending letters today to thank customers affected by the roof change for their patience
COMPENSATION:
  • Ford is providing up to 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points (a $1,000 value) which they can use to personalize their Bronco through Ford Accessories. (applies to all First Edition and customers who ordered Mod or Dual top roof and switch for 21MY)
  • We are maintaining 2021 model year pricing through the 2022 model year for all order and reservation holders as of March 19 waiting for their Bronco.
  • In addition, 2022 model year customers will have new choices for colors and special editions starting next year
  • In addition, providing waiting customers a $250 voucher for all order holders as of March 19 deadline for early access to any one of four Bronco Off-Roadeos so they can get behind the wheel of a Bronco in the wild.

And some MY2022 UPDATE:

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 12.32.31 PM.jpg
Soft top for 2 doors as original top?
(Primary at purchase, no MIC top.)

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This says no FE 2022.
If a Bronco two-door or four-door First Edition customer does not want the molded-in-color (MIC) roof, what happens to their 2021 order? Given that the Bronco First Edition series is only a 2021 model year, these customers can choose another series by April 8, or keep the First Edition with MIC hardtop. If the customer elects to keep the MIC hardtop, then we are hoping to help make up for this with an additional 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points ($1000 value), when the customer takes delivery of their Bronco. Furthermore, we are providing complimentary sound deadening headliners on all Bronco two-door and four-door models now when ordered with a molded-in-color hard top roof. Since this is a standard option on First Edition series, we’ll be reducing the MSRP by $495.

So it will be interesting what happens next. Can choose or no choice?
We're well beyond that now, having the FAQ proving my theory. You got some catchin up to do! FE gets no choice.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I could be wrong but I hope that Ford is making sure to minimize issues at launch. Otherwise they could just have went ahead and not done any of these delays. I may be wrong but I have more trust in Ford then clearly a lot of people on B6G have.

If you look at Ford's past releases I bet that we won't see a single production Bronco until Ford is pretty sure there won't be huge issues at delivery. I would bet no MY21 deliveries before betting the deliveries are all messed up.

Everyone has their opinion and I am clearly in the minority.
I'm with you.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This says no FE 2022.
If a Bronco two-door or four-door First Edition customer does not want the molded-in-color (MIC) roof, what happens to their 2021 order? Given that the Bronco First Edition series is only a 2021 model year, these customers can choose another series by April 8, or keep the First Edition with MIC hardtop. If the customer elects to keep the MIC hardtop, then we are hoping to help make up for this with an additional 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points ($1000 value), when the customer takes delivery of their Bronco. Furthermore, we are providing complimentary sound deadening headliners on all Bronco two-door and four-door models now when ordered with a molded-in-color hard top roof. Since this is a standard option on First Edition series, we’ll be reducing the MSRP by $495.

So it will be interesting what happens next. Can choose or no choice?
This basically means that a build you will NEVER see is a lightning blue Bronco with a modular top.

Unless they release lightning blue to other models, next year. And if they do, I'm changing my order to it!!

Sponsored

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Will we being paying higher interest rates to finance the delayed MY22 Bronco . A market crash is coming but when ?

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did anyone else catch the difference in the "First Edition" email vs the "Non-First Edition" email?

First edition:
"As a reminder, in May, we will provide you with more information on the estimated delivery timing for your Bronco First Edition and we're committed to keeping you up-to-date through the entire delivery process.

Non-First Edition
" As a reminder, in late May, we will provide you with more information on the estimated delivery timing for your Bronco and we're committed to keeping you up-to-date through the entire delivery process. "

Get ready for some more fun news!

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs