Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Exactly. Ford really needs to change the FE mirrors from black to body color now that they are pairing the trim with the low-end grey top. Interestingly enough, the FE black interior launch pictures featured body colored mirrors.
But like... I wanted them to be black. With a black top.

So someday, I'd get a black top. Then have body colored mirrors. When I wanted black mirrors. Doubt those are super "modular" given the electronics in them.

ffs. First Edition has become such a regret.
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry if this has been asked but what exactly does this mean >> A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)

So if I made a reservation on 3/20, the price protection does not apply to me?
You RESERVED one on 3/20/21?

You were always getting a 2022 in that case, so no, you'd be subject to 2022 MY pricing.

The price protection is for those that have already placed their orders and were in line to get 2021 MY vehicles.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But like... I wanted them to be black. With a black top.

So someday, I'd get a black top. Then have body colored mirrors. When I wanted black mirrors. Doubt those are super "modular" given the electronics in them.

ffs. First Edition has become such a regret.
Mirror caps can usually be popped off and replaced. Or, my brother took a different route and wrapped his chrome mirror caps with a body color wrap.

Obviously, FE holders shouldn't be in this position, though.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
One more question ... The march 19th ordering deadline was moved to April 8?

Or is the April 8th date a deadline to modify/update your order?

You RESERVED one on 3/20/21?

You were always getting a 2022 in that case, so no, you'd be subject to 2022 MY pricing.

The price protection is for those that have already placed their orders and were in line to get 2021 MY vehicles.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you wait, you don't get the credit. It'd just be a nice gesture for extra waiting.
That's the whole point. I'm not willing to wait that long. I'll need to pick something I'd rather not have to stay in the game or cancel.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is a very reasonable solution to the problem. I'd even be fine with a requirement to trade in the MIC top. The Bronco team could also extend the FE trim to MY2022 to accommodate those who want the tops originally specified for the trim.

This is the other thing Ford really needs to do. Release the MY2022 Job 1 order guide so that those who may want to delay until 2022 can see what they are waiting for.

It would be also nice if those who had FE reservations and got kicked to 2022 could get access to whatever Special Edition replaces FE for 2022.

As a FE res holder who optioned the MOD top I feel like they are sticking me between a rock and a hard place forcing me to have to go with a low end top while still paying a high "special edition" price. The FordPass points are nice but forcing us to make an uninformed decision on short notice on a vehicle with a $65K MSRP is not a good way to build customer satisfaction or appreciation.
Yup, the "easy" thing to do would be to extend FEs that want the mod top to 22, even if it goes against the 1st year thing they were going for. I wonder if they run into issues with whatever FE-exclusive Lightning Blue paint they have left in that case? I don't know what the life of paint is like.

I also agree they're asking people to now choose between Door #1 (that's not what you want) and the Mystery Box of 2022 color/special package options.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One more question ... The march 19th ordering deadline was moved to April 8?

Or is the April 8th date a deadline to modify/update your order?
I want to make sure I'm understanding - you RESERVED one 3/20, or ORDERED one 3/20?

The info says
  • Customers will now have until April 8 to work with your dealer to update/modify their order

Beezleboss

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Official correspondence from Ford:

Subject: Bronco Production Update

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, is on track to begin deliveries this summer, however, today we will be announcing to all Bronco customers who have placed an order the following production changes for 2021MY.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual top roofs will move from 21MY late availability to 22MY
  • The Carbonized gray molded-in-color (MIC) roof is now the only roof option for First Edition and WildTrak Broncos
  • A no charge Sound Deadening Headliner for hardtops (previously announced to Dealers 3/19)
  • A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)
While we know this news will be frustrating for dealerships and customers, we want you to know we are committed to getting customers the Bronco they want as soon as possible. We are making millions of dollars of incremental investments to increase production of Broncos to meet demand on all these high-end models. We hope to share more information soon.

Updated with further correspondence / info:

CONVERSION TO ORDERS:
  • Updating you today on Bronco conversation rate: We have seen 125,000 customers convert their order from the more than 190,000 Bronco 2-door and 4-door reservations in the U.S. and Canada
    • 70 percent higher trim series (Badlands, Wildtrak, First Edition, Outer Banks)
    • More than 60 percent + 2.7-liter V6
PRODUCTION CHALLENGES:
  • COVID19 has had an impact to our hardtop roof supplier.
  • The hardtop roof challenges combined with orders of more than 125,000 compounds an already short 2021 model year production schedule and means more customers will get a 2022 model year Bronco.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual-top roof options will now move into the 2022 model year
  • Customers who currently have the black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):
    • Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof
    • Order the black soft top roof; Excludes Wildtrak and 2-door
    • Wait for black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof option for 2022 model year
    • Customers will now have until April 8 to work with your dealer to update/modify their order
HOW WILL I BE NOTIFIED:
  • We are sending letters today to thank customers affected by the roof change for their patience
COMPENSATION:
  • Ford is providing up to 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points (a $1,000 value) which they can use to personalize their Bronco through Ford Accessories. (applies to all First Edition and customers who ordered Mod or Dual top roof and switch for 21MY)
  • We are maintaining 2021 model year pricing through the 2022 model year for all order and reservation holders as of March 19 waiting for their Bronco.
  • In addition, 2022 model year customers will have new choices for colors and special editions starting next year
  • In addition, providing waiting customers a $250 voucher for all order holders as of March 19 deadline for early access to any one of four Bronco Off-Roadeos so they can get behind the wheel of a Bronco in the wild.

And some MY2022 UPDATE:

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 12.32.31 PM.jpg
Checkmate fellas, I have a base 😎😎😎 here’s to hoping I actually get it this year tho hahaha

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Official correspondence from Ford:

Subject: Bronco Production Update

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, is on track to begin deliveries this summer, however, today we will be announcing to all Bronco customers who have placed an order the following production changes for 2021MY.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual top roofs will move from 21MY late availability to 22MY
  • The Carbonized gray molded-in-color (MIC) roof is now the only roof option for First Edition and WildTrak Broncos
  • A no charge Sound Deadening Headliner for hardtops (previously announced to Dealers 3/19)
  • A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)
While we know this news will be frustrating for dealerships and customers, we want you to know we are committed to getting customers the Bronco they want as soon as possible. We are making millions of dollars of incremental investments to increase production of Broncos to meet demand on all these high-end models. We hope to share more information soon.

Updated with further correspondence / info:

CONVERSION TO ORDERS:
  • Updating you today on Bronco conversation rate: We have seen 125,000 customers convert their order from the more than 190,000 Bronco 2-door and 4-door reservations in the U.S. and Canada
    • 70 percent higher trim series (Badlands, Wildtrak, First Edition, Outer Banks)
    • More than 60 percent + 2.7-liter V6
PRODUCTION CHALLENGES:
  • COVID19 has had an impact to our hardtop roof supplier.
  • The hardtop roof challenges combined with orders of more than 125,000 compounds an already short 2021 model year production schedule and means more customers will get a 2022 model year Bronco.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual-top roof options will now move into the 2022 model year
  • Customers who currently have the black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):
    • Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof
    • Order the black soft top roof; Excludes Wildtrak and 2-door
    • Wait for black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof option for 2022 model year
HOW WILL I BE NOTIFIED:
  • We are sending letters today to thank customers affected by the roof change for their patience
COMPENSATION:
  • Ford is providing up to 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points (a $1,000 value) which they can use to personalize their Bronco through Ford Accessories. (applies to all First Edition and customers who ordered Mod or Dual top roof and switch for 21MY)
  • We are maintaining 2021 model year pricing through the 2022 model year for all order and reservation holders as of March 19 waiting for their Bronco.
  • In addition, 2022 model year customers will have new choices for colors and special editions starting next year
  • In addition, providing waiting customers a $250 voucher for all order holders as of March 19 deadline for early access to any one of four Bronco Off-Roadeos so they can get behind the wheel of a Bronco in the wild.

And some MY2022 UPDATE:

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 12.32.31 PM.jpg
Can we now call this another screwed up roll out on Fords part. As of today I have cancelled my order. As much as I want a new Bronco, this whole process has just gotten ridiculous. At this point, I have no confidence that the MY22 year is going to go any smoother. It's really starting to seem like Ford was trying to rush the Bronco out the door in 2021.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can we now call this another screwed up roll out on Fords part. As of today I have cancelled my order. As much as I want a new Bronco, this whole process has just gotten ridiculous. At this point, I have no confidence that the MY22 year is going to go any smoother. It's really starting to seem like Ford was trying to rush the Bronco out the door in 2021.
I wish people who announce they are canceling would also include their res date. Then I know if I’m moving up or staying the same. M’Kay?:unsure:

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I tend to always find the positive in things.
I'm a ride or die mod top guy. So I'm gonna wait for it and forego the credits

The positive of waiting is the possibility lightning blue is extended to My wildtrak series for fy22. And they bring that black leather interior too, seeing people's demand for it
(Pie in the sky hopes and dreams)

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good. Good. Join the dark side. :devilish: Luke is your father.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford screwed the pooch here! That being said I always knew I would not get the (OG Baby Blue w/White top only) FE Bronco I always wanted them to do. I have waited 25 years for this not to get something now, so I put in my order for the FE I could get ASAP (A51 w/MIC top). I will drive it for a bit and then sell it when I order my new Green with White top Bronco in 2022, when they hopefully have all their shit together!

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nooooooooooooooooo.................

I realize these are first world problems...but the gloss black grille and mirror caps with a matte grey top ???

What do I do? Get the FE and then get a shiny black topper later....or move to a badlands in race red or carbon grey which I both think look really good with the MIC top?

Do I still get the $1000 Ford Pass points and $250 Voucher if I move to the badlands?

Please help...FE Reservation Holder here that needs advice.....
Sponsored