Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thoughts exactly. Putting to the back of the line people with highly optioned trucks (read; customers who are investing more money) doesn't seem to make a tremendous amount of business sense to me. But hey, what do I know?...
Nothing they are doing makes sense.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The other thing that I don't like, and Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, is the top is mic carbonized gray and fender flares are mic black.
Do the fender flares match the top?
Top is MIC carbonized grey
Flares are black (they are likely MIC black but I have not seen their material confirmed anywhere)

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nothing they are doing makes sense.
It's crazy. This will be the first Ford product I have ever owned. And, it strangely reminds me of an article I read years ago about Land Rover when I owned a Discovery. The jist of it was that they have very little difficulty attracting new customers, because they are an aspirational brand. BUT, they have a really hard time retaining customers and having them purchase multiple times. In Land Rover's case, it was due to reliability issues. But, in Ford's case it might be due to this sh&t show which, at the moment, looks like nothing but amateur hour. They are banking on the buzz surrounding the new Bronco and forgetting that the longer term goal should be creating lifelong customers. It is truly bizarre.

Sponsored

JohnnyGator

Wildtrak
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota Tacoma 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've seen a few posts of people finally giving in and cancelling their orders already. So a question for opinions...

Will dealers actually cancel the orders with Ford or will they keep the order and get a Bronco they can put on the lot?

I can especially see this happening with FEs. I think Ford will be building 7000 First Editions this year. Whether they go to an original reservation holder or to the dealer lot, they will be built and sold IMO.
Talking with my dealer in California, I asked about what if when it gets here, I just don't like it? He said, "then just go home. We'll keep it and probably sell it within hours." This leads me to believe dealers will take every Bronco they can get. You cancel, I believe they'll still get it made and sell it at a markup.

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got the phone call: voucher for $1000 and free sound deadening if I change to MIC hard top on a MY ’21.

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are there any other options “rumored” to be delaying certain orders?

since it was suspected (maybe not quite an open secret) about the tops. At least it was known there was some issues, do we have other suspicions?

thanks

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Guaranteed that what ever green it is that only one person will like it. :p

Nice IoM logo on your helmet. :cool:
I an=m dreading the same thing I have a feeling they will fumble the ball on color. I really hope not. I love IOM, I love Arai, and it matches my R1 perfectly. lol.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's crazy. This will be the first Ford product I have ever owned. And, it strangely reminds me of an article I read years ago about Land Rover when I owned a Discovery. The jist of it was that they have very little difficulty attracting new customers, because they are an aspirational brand. BUT, they have a really hard time retaining customers and having them purchase multiple times. In Land Rover's case, it was due to reliability issues. But, in Ford's case it might be due to this sh&t show which, at the moment, looks like nothing but amateur hour. They are banking on the buzz surrounding the new Bronco and forgetting that the longer term goal should be creating lifelong customers. It is truly bizarre.
Except in a couple years everyone will have forgotten about the launch except us grizzled old forum veterans sitting around the campfire and reminiscing about that time we could only get one hard top...

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

"army green" - jeez, that could be lame.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

At the end of the day, I'd rather have them delay things and get things right than have them rush to meet a deadline for the sake of meeting a deadline, and then have all sorts of quality issues like they did with Explorer.

FatThunder84

Raptor
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm sure this has been asked 100 times but I haven't seen an answer...

What shade of "grey/black" are the fender flares and mirrors?

Are they MIC grey, are they Mod Black or are they something between and the argument is simply what looks best or closest?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why Ford wouldn't make them all a single color, or offer the option (apparently in 2025 or whenever they get their shit together) for single color grey or single color black?

I have a 4 Dr FE LB ordered, asked for the black mod and soft, so im up shits creek with the current offerings.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure this has been asked 100 times but I haven't seen an answer...

What shade of "grey/black" are the fender flares and mirrors?

Are they MIC grey, are they Mod Black or are they something between and the argument is simply what looks best or closest?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why Ford wouldn't make them all a single color, or offer the option (apparently in 2025 or whenever they get their shit together) for single color grey or single color black?

I have a 4 Dr FE LB ordered, asked for the black mod and soft, so im up shits creek with the current offerings.
They are MIC Black.

Flat back. Most recent MIC hard top looks like it’s pretty close to the same color as the flares... (it has become darker over time).

Early mic top:

Ford Bronco đź—“  Modular Painted Top and Dual Tops Pushed to 2022 (Cloth and MIC tops only available at launch) + green color and white top confirmed 1616948110053

Recent MIC top:

Ford Bronco đź—“  Modular Painted Top and Dual Tops Pushed to 2022 (Cloth and MIC tops only available at launch) + green color and white top confirmed 1616948142037
Ford Bronco đź—“  Modular Painted Top and Dual Tops Pushed to 2022 (Cloth and MIC tops only available at launch) + green color and white top confirmed 1616948155833
Sponsored