First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fordf150, jeep grand cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Until an order is bumped from 99 to 10-19, you won't get an email. Based on your printout, I'm not sure this is a converted order yet. The order number is 9999 which seems very suspect, dealers have to put in a order number to do a quote. When you convert Ford puts in the order #, and I think its unlikely to get 9999(mine is 5537).

I believe (but could be totally wrong), that your dealer is quoting prices, using a new order (likely with someone that doesn't have authority to actually order, just quote), then they submit that to someone else to get the order converted. I'd ask them to double check to make sure, look in your reservation status and see what it says first, to make sure it just wasn't a lost email.
My printout says..Order code 5676, Priority Code 10 model year 2021. And i did receive an email from Ford..
Sponsored

GO_SOONERS_TXSUX!

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From what I’ve seen here, you haven’t received the Ford email because the 99 code is telling Ford “this isn’t a real order yet... just a place holder”.

If you want to be considered for build immediately (even if you have a late available option), your dealer needs to change your code to something else.

Others have reported as soon as the priority is changed that’s when the Ford email comes and they treat it like an order.
Thank toy!

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If my order is a 99 due to a late availability option, how does that work when the March date come around?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If my order is a 99 due to a late availability option, how does that work when the March date come around?
Yeah, this is the thing.... we’ve heard some conflicting stuff, but the presence of a late availability option doesn’t seem like it should mean it should be a 99... it would seem that if you want your build to be considered as soon as those parts become available, you would want a regular build priority.

With a 99, until that number is changed, even when the parts become available your order will be passed over because Ford is assuming you don’t want it built.

Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, this is the thing.... we’ve heard some conflicting stuff, but the presence of a late availability option doesn’t seem like it should mean it should be a 99... it would seem that if you want your build to be considered as soon as those parts become available, you would want a regular build priority.

With a 99, until that number is changed, even when the parts become available your order will be passed over because Ford is assuming you don’t want it built.
Got it. That was a super clear answer, so I appreciate it.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got it. That was a super clear answer, so I appreciate it.
The only rub to my position would be if Ford was going to change the codes away from 99 as items become available... but that seems unlikely because they wouldn’t know whether a dealer coded it as 99 because of a late availability option or because the customer wanted to wait (until MY22 for example).

One person on the board reported that the ordering system automatically assigned a 99 code to an order with a late option, but Ive only heard of that happening once without corroboration, and even if true, doesn’t do anything to mitigate the concerns I’ve already outlined.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only rub to my position would be if Ford was going to change the codes away from 99 as items become available... but that seems unlikely because they wouldn’t know whether a dealer coded it as 99 because of a late availability option or because the customer wanted to wait (until MY22 for example).

One person on the board reported that the ordering system automatically assigned a 99 code to an order with a late option, but Ive only heard of that happening once without corroboration, and even if true, doesn’t do anything to mitigate the concerns I’ve already outlined.
Chapman put a note in the remarks section "22MY WAIT" on my priority 99 order.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Chapman put a note in the remarks section "22MY WAIT" on my priority 99 order.
Yep. That’s actually what Ford has recommended dealers do... so it’s a good sign that Chapman is reading the communications and is likely to not screw something up. ;)

GO_SOONERS_TXSUX!

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Until an order is bumped from 99 to 10-19, you won't get an email. Based on your printout, I'm not sure this is a converted order yet. The order number is 9999 which seems very suspect, dealers have to put in a order number to do a quote. When you convert Ford puts in the order #, and I think its unlikely to get 9999(mine is 5537).

I believe (but could be totally wrong), that your dealer is quoting prices, using a new order (likely with someone that doesn't have authority to actually order, just quote), then they submit that to someone else to get the order converted. I'd ask them to double check to make sure, look in your reservation status and see what it says first, to make sure it just wasn't a lost email.
Thank you! That info helps and i’ll get on. I’ll update what they say at a later time.

Sponsored

dblev

First Edition
First Name
D avid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think its just due to the orders being so unknown as to when, tough to be harsh with deadlines when they can't give you a reasonable guess of delivery when you order.

Also with them continuing reservations to 22, not really hard to add this in. I also don't see many waiting, possibly if someone comes in and wants a soft top 4 cyl Big Bend, dealer might talk them into ordering due to commodities on all the other orders.

I am a dealer.

Curious, I'm in Clarksville, TN and my local dealership preordered all reservations, like so many other dealerships. I guess the biggest deal is that I lost my right to choose. Two Rivers in Nashville is a no haggle commission free Ford “store” as they once were and sell all ford an invoice. No more, no less. So the can honor x plan customers they take $300 lf the dealer free. As a dealer do you think I should give me dealer the chance to match that deal or just change my dealership for the borderline unethical move. I have an early 1st edition rsvp, any chance I would be pushed back on the timeline for changing dealerships?
Thanks
Cville

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious, I'm in Clarksville, TN and my local dealership preordered all reservations, like so many other dealerships. I guess the biggest deal is that I lost my right to choose. Two Rivers in Nashville is a no haggle commission free Ford “store” as they once were and sell all ford an invoice. No more, no less. So the can honor x plan customers they take $300 lf the dealer free. As a dealer do you think I should give me dealer the chance to match that deal or just change my dealership for the borderline unethical move. I have an early 1st edition rsvp, any chance I would be pushed back on the timeline for changing dealerships?
Thanks
Cville
As to what dealer, I can't answer that. While I do believe price is important, I also think other factors should be considered. Where will you get your service work done, do you trust one dealer more than another, reputation, etc.

First edition makes it more unique than other allocations. Unlike regular Broncos, FE's will be done manually by the regions, so yes, switching could affect your timeline, but no point in worrying about it as it could move it either way.

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get it.
Orders not converted by March 19 would have been rolled into the MY22 ordering in the summer.

But now that Ford apparently changed their own rules....
Would you rather have someone besides Ford changing the rules here? :unsure: I'd rather have Ford, who makes the rules be the one changing them vs some random third party. ;)

I've been fairly nonchalant about this whole moving target thing because I've only been waiting about one year which is way less than some enthusiasts here on B6G.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've been taking a break last week from Bronco News. I am still in the 99 status and I'm glad I read through this post. Clears up a lot of still wondering and confusion! And again, thank you Nathan !
Sponsored