Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hoping you can answer this question. Do you have any idea at what point an order will become MY22? I placed my order with my local dealership two weeks ago. My reservation is number 83 out of 178 reservations at my dealership. Their initial allotment is expected to be between 40-50. It would take a lot of cancellations and a generous bump in their allotment in order for me to make the 2021 cut. In addition, I added the painted black top, the Lux package, and the 2.7 engine. If I am not going to receive the car until late 2021 at best, i would rather receive the 2022 model. Where do they make the cutoff?
If we get to December when the MY22 change over happens, and they haven’t built your Bronco yet, you’re getting a MY22.

Since you placed your order already, in May Ford will supply you with a delivery window estimate... based on that, you can either modify your order to remove any items causing a delay and you want it sooner... or you can ask your dealer to change your priority to 99 and purposely delay your build until MY22.
Sponsored

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reading between the lines... Seems like actual conversion rates might be lower than anticipated.

Especially when Ford wants you to finalize the order when they haven't finalized the options
That’s what I think aswell

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hoping you can answer this question. Do you have any idea at what point an order will become MY22? I placed my order with my local dealership two weeks ago. My reservation is number 83 out of 178 reservations at my dealership. Their initial allotment is expected to be between 40-50. It would take a lot of cancellations and a generous bump in their allotment in order for me to make the 2021 cut. In addition, I added the painted black top, the Lux package, and the 2.7 engine. If I am not going to receive the car until late 2021 at best, i would rather receive the 2022 model. Where do they make the cutoff?

That's an impossible question to answer for anyone right now. It's going to be determined by 2 things.

1. overall conversion. Does Ford convert 70% for 130,000 broncos or 35% for 65,000 broncos? That's the first issue no one knows until March 20th at the earliest.

2. Commodity restraints. In theory someone who reserved after you who ordered a no constraint high package 2.3 could get theirs before you. But we don't know how limited any commodities are yet.

I wouldn't give up hope quite yet though.

BroncoBeach

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Avalon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's an impossible question to answer for anyone right now. It's going to be determined by 2 things.

1. overall conversion. Does Ford convert 70% for 130,000 broncos or 35% for 65,000 broncos? That's the first issue no one knows until March 20th at the earliest.

2. Commodity restraints. In theory someone who reserved after you who ordered a no constraint high package 2.3 could get theirs before you. But we don't know how limited any commodities are yet.

I wouldn't give up hope quite yet though.
Thank you for answering. I have set my expectation at December or early 2022. Anything sooner will be a bonus. My only concern is getting a 2021 car at the end of the year. it may be silly, but I would rather buy a 2022 at that point.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for answering. I have set my expectation at December or early 2022. Anything sooner will be a bonus. My only concern is getting a 2021 car at the end of the year. it may be silly, but I would rather buy a 2022 at that point.
I can understand that, but 21 is only 6 months of production so almost everyone is late. Haha

Sponsored

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have converted my order already. So basically what I’m assuming from this info is that Ford will communicate in May, a certain quarter for delivery rather than a particular month. I thought that’s what they would do, a general delivery window that’s less specific. Hopefully with people not converting orders as quickly, it will speed up the process for the rest of us that have!

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If we read the OP's "Hypothetically:...." you will see that someone converting after 3/19 will get delivery in the second quarter of deliveries.
Late Summer ... first quarter [aug,sep,oct] ... second qrtr [nov,dec,jan]
assuming late summer=Aug
Wouldn’t first quarter be June-Aug? They are starting production June 3

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I get it.
Orders not converted by March 19 would have been rolled into the MY22 ordering in the summer.

But now that Ford apparently changed their own rules....
It's possible those who ordered by March 19, made the MY21 cut, and even had their builds scheduled, could get bumped into MY22 by a late order. That would suck if you got 'bump' news in June-Aug.

Cancelling reservations not acted on by 3/19 is a bit harsh....... for those who never heard from their dealer, or who's dealer won't put their order in, etc. Customers shouldn't be penalized for poor dealer service.
And Ford doesn't want to cancel reservations, that likely result in (more) lost sales, and wouldn't go over well from a PR standpoint either.

I do want to see some closure to the allocation quagmire..... and a better idea if I'll make the MY21 cut. Extending the order window means extending my uncertainty anxiety!

I suspect first round allocation will still be determined (50% rule) by 3/19 order conversions.
How will post 3/19 conversions affect allocation?
And will Ford address the issue of 'fake' conversions by dealers?

There's a very slim chance I'll get a MY21. I'm fine with a MY22 as long as I can still get a dark blue BaseSquatch for under $40k!

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also, if most converted reservations include parts that will run out before the end of the 21 run, Ford is open to orders that don’t include those parts.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

There will be no Dealer Stock orders for 2021. Ford has not committed to not building dealer stock for '22's until customer orders are filled. from what I've seen. This is why I really want a 2021. All will be customer builds. Unicorns...

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

There will be no Dealer Stock orders for 2021. Ford has not committed to not building dealer stock for '22's until customer orders are filled. from what I've seen. This is why I really want a 2021. All will be customer builds. Unicorns...

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reading between the lines... Seems like actual conversion rates might be lower than anticipated.

Especially when Ford wants you to finalize the order when they haven't finalized the options
I don't read that at all. It has been stated that contact with about 20% of reservation holders has been difficult. Consider you have a business, a customer, and a $100 of their money saying they want your product. Do you just throw them back 3/20 because you couldn't connect? I think they are simply saying 3/20 is not a drop dead date. I think it is smart and a reasonable approach.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't read that at all. It has been stated that contact with about 20% of reservation holders has been difficult. Consider you have a business, a customer, and a $100 of their money saying they want your product. Do you just throw them back 3/20 because you couldn't connect? I think they are simply saying 3/20 is not a drop dead date. I think it is smart and a reasonable approach.
When would be a good drop dead date? I don't believe that you are actually advocating for the dealer keeping the money forever. Don't forget (I just double checked), The FAQ on reservations still states that the order period ends 3/19/21. Have you received anything directly from your dealer stating an extension? From Ford? No, me either. Just from what you picked up in this forum/online. I would argue the point that at least half of that 20% didn't want to tell the dealer that they can't afford it, or changed their mind, or spend any time at all being bothered by a dealer and they expect to have it automatically cancel and refund their money after then. Or they transferred dealers, got the money refunded already and dont give a shit. Or, on the other hand, they might think that it would automatically kick over to a '22 order if they do nothing but wait. Perhaps they blocked their dealer as spam (or their email or phone did). There will always be a case for waiting just one more day... Point is there has to be a date to end it eventually so they can refund the $100 and close the accounting books at the dealer. So when is that date?

(Don't forget, people will change credit cards, banks, die, etc. and the original method of payment may not be available to credit. Then it is more hassle to get it back for the customer and the dealer.)
Sponsored