Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
not sure how taking away an option would be a constraint but I would be willing to wait anyways. I want what I want and am not settling for anything.
Because Webasto installs the headliner during the build process. Ford would need to special order one without it installed. Just enough extra to possibly push the build back.
Sponsored

trenttrizzy

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you get a picture of the seam where the rear window section meets the side window section, most importantly and the edge facing forward as it was one of the more problematic edges before. Would like to see the difference.

trenttrizzy

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
People like me… the ones that don’t expect everything on a first year model to be perfect. Or someone that can vacuum a headliner when I get it. Or someone that realizes I’m buying a Ford off-road vehicle and not a luxury rover. Or someone that also realizes that buying a car virtually unseen by most, I don’t fall into this category, but there’s probably going to be a few things I don’t like about it at some point. Or someone that just doesn’t need something to complain about. Or someone that wants to compare what it comes with to something else that doesn’t exist yet for it(which I’m lazy and didn’t check but I’m assuming like everything else for it the aftermarket headliner doesn’t exist, but sure I’m sure it’s better even if it does exist no one has actually seen it in person). Or someone that at this point wonders how many people are complaining about it that got it for free. I’m sure Ford does appreciate someone like me that realizes what I actually bought, knows it’s not a luxury cars, knows it won’t be perfect and that will probably have some features that people who own one will chalk it up to annoying character, but don’t care about that because all in all it’s a good looking vehicle that is better than the others in its field, or larger inside than it’s field, or whatever someone chooses to put more weight on than a possibly (some owners say there’s is fine) shedding, free headliner that wasn’t going to be great to begin with because like I stated, Jeep’s is junk also. For the record, most aftermarket anything is better than factory, if it wasn’t no one would buy aftermarket. But yeah……there are people who just need something to complain about.
lol you do realize complaints are the only way anything improves right? sure it's a "first year vehicle" but if it's shedding when the customers get it, clearly this was something that was noticed before they were shipped. again, if you're cool with a shit product, good for you. just weird to expect others to not voice valid feedback so the next models can be improved.

Sponsored

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is this seriously how all of the hard top headliners look?? Wow!! Looks like speaker box carpet slapped on.
What would you do differently?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
lol you do realize complaints are the only way anything improves right? sure it's a "first year vehicle" but if it's shedding when the customers get it, clearly this was something that was noticed before they were shipped. again, if you're cool with a shit product, good for you. just weird to expect others to not voice valid feedback so the next models can be improved.
You do realize all fabric sheds? A 5 minute vacuuming would solve this non issue.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think we need to wait for someone who is going to run the hardtop full time. I'm glad the OP got his our of purgatory, but we're not going to learn much more about v2.0 until others have theirs.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this seriously how all of the hard top headliners look?? Wow!! Looks like speaker box carpet slapped on.

AA63944D-3485-44CF-A1DC-4CA2F62C7593.jpeg

41B9220B-F114-4FC1-8A7C-F4F963E55BDC.jpeg
The Bronco’s MIC hard top liner is an NVH liner made by Coverking. NVH stands for Noise, Vibration, & Harshness, which is the study and modification of the noise and vibration characteristics of vehicles, particularly cars and trucks. Vehicles undergo NVH testing to determine how they perform in various environments.

The Jeep Topliner by Coverking looks very similar to the Bronco’s NVH liner, and it is designed to improve the interior finish and quality, reduce interior temperatures, improve acoustics, and reduce road and wind noise.

So there are some acoustic parallels to “speaker box carpet”, but that is not the only purpose of an NVH liner in a vehicle.

Ford Bronco 🙌 MIC Top 2.0 equipped Bronco delivered from Dirt Mountain! 5DDD9BC4-ABEC-47CF-972F-62144D9E938A

Ford Bronco 🙌 MIC Top 2.0 equipped Bronco delivered from Dirt Mountain! 0206B0FB-97C2-40A9-A989-22C02D6DA4D0

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Bronco’s MIC hard top liner is an NVH liner made by Coverking. NVH stands for Noise, Vibration, & Harshness, which is the study and modification of the noise and vibration characteristics of vehicles, particularly cars and trucks. Vehicles undergo NVH testing to determine how they perform in various environments.

The Jeep Topliner by Coverking looks very similar to the Bronco’s NVH liner, and it is designed to improve the interior finish and quality, reduce interior temperatures, improve acoustics, and reduce road and wind noise.

So there are some acoustic parallels to “speaker box carpet”, but that is not the only purpose of an NVH liner in a vehicle.

Ford Bronco 🙌 MIC Top 2.0 equipped Bronco delivered from Dirt Mountain! 0206B0FB-97C2-40A9-A989-22C02D6DA4D0

Some don't seem to understand it doesn't take much to get the job done. They think you need to glue a mattress to the roof to be effective. :D

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because Webasto installs the headliner during the build process. Ford would need to special order one without it installed. Just enough extra to possibly push the build back.
that's fine I'll wait if it's an issue. I don't want a shitty headliner that's more trouble than it's worth. I've seen more than 1 video of headliner crap floating around inside and want nothing to do with it.

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Guess I was expecting something like Hotheads does for the Wrangler. Looks more finished and professional.
That does indeed look nice. I'd be curious to know how the performance compares.