Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

uses a torx bit not socket
Wouldn't make sense because at the factory the top would be on and then the bolt would be shot so if it was a socket it would touch the inside of the top

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The top itself looks good. I should have skipped the headliner though, it's never going to look good.
and this is exactly why when I redo my order for a 2022 I will opt out of getting it. If I feel the need I'll get a good one later.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Confused MIC was to be almost black. This look grey?
It’s VERY expensive to make plastics actually black. Takes a tremendous amount of dye. Red is another problem color.

Black will always come out this “graphite grey” color unless you go ham with the coloring. Very pricy. This is actually much darker than the first hard top I saw in person before mic 1.0.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't know John. But, as you say there are a lot of things out there that we don't know about. I'm quite happy with the Hot Head liner in my Wrangler, and IMHO it is well worth waiting for. I emailed Mark asking when he thought he may have his product ready. And of course he is in the same boat with all of us, he's patiently (or not) waiting for his Bronco so he can get started. I'm so far down the reservation line I expect he'll get his before I even get a sniff of a build date. :)
I'm sold, I followed your links and more for Hot Head Headliners. Seems like a worthy upgrade once I receive my MIC OBX! Thanks!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

True, but at least the softtop came at no additional cost. I plan to keep it when I buy a hardtop, maybe black modular in 23. Nice thing is we will have a few hardtop options over the next couple years. Curious to see the one with sliding windows, would do well when I car camp in bug infested areas.
Yep, need to open the windows in bug infested areas

Sponsored

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulations! Enjoy

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shortly, after I get my badlands i’m going to spray right over factory deadening material with plasti-dip or flex seal spray to keep it from flaking.
Any current owners willing to give it a try? MIC 1.0 will be replaced anyway so send it with a hint to Ford.

Yes. Its silly of me to postulate since i don't have the car yet, I suppose we're all imagining while we wait. I've got the factory liner for now and that will do! I've even wondered about Flex Seal Rubber spray!

Socal71

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2005 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
what was everyone expecting as far as the headliner? When I was shopping before I ordered a bronco, I looked into and built a jeep at a dealer. The sales man said not to get their headliner because, “ it looks like floor mats glued to the ceiling.” That’s a tried and true vehicle with years in this platform and that’s the best they have been able to come up with. It must be a lot more difficult to do than what people are giving the situation credit. I didn’t get a jeep because it felt small and the interior looked and seemed cheap and unfinished, more so than the bronco. That being said, did everyone think that Ford was going to be able to come up with something light years ahead of another company that has been leading this specific field for years? I just don’t understand the constant hate on so many things. Especially on a first year vehicle. If you wanted refined and polished, should have waited until year 3+ or longer. Like others have said, if ya don’t like it, walk away and get your money back and get something else. IMO nothing else looks as good and by all accounts they seem to be a very capable vehicle on and off-road. I’ll climb down off my soap box and wait for the flying tomatoes.
I've had my white Wildtrak two door (named "Shadowfax") for over a month. Love it! no top issues. Originally ordered mod top but they gave me mic with free sound deadening headliner.

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn't make sense because at the factory the top would be on and then the bolt would be shot so if it was a socket it would touch the inside of the top
Yep,
Painted surface...hard top bracket....bolt. Socket would never touch paint.
Paint is blemished from hard top bracket pulling it off.