Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Impossible, Ford's is obviously of much higher quality... LOL. How else could they justify the $495 price for this unique carbon fiber and gold plated headliner?
i prefer shag
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have the headliner on ours. No shedding as reported elsewhere. We have had no rattles, leaks or shedding. Kind of hopeful that they will let us keep this one as a backup (I know wishful thinking!)

DC166258-B89B-4DB0-B7D8-35A278F02F91.jpeg
That's why it pays to see for yourself instead of listening to internet "experts". Like so many things, shedding probably started by 1 person who didn't vacuum the residual fibers left from manufacturing. The usual suspects turned it into the whole thing is gonna fall apart.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep,
Painted surface...hard top bracket....bolt. Socket would never touch paint.
Paint is blemished from hard top bracket pulling it off.
That makes more sense. If a socket was spinning against the paint, it would be worn in a circular pattern, not chipping as seen in the pic.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
uhhhh i think most ppl were expecting fabric that doesn’t flake off everywhere when you touch it? “free” or not, they were once planning to charge folks around 500.00 for this option when there are companies like hothead who offer a far superior product for cheaper. if you’re happy with poor quality on an expensive vehicle, great, I’m sure Ford loves people like you, but don’t act like those of us who are rightfully questioning a quality issue are weird for not wanting a less than top quality product.
Lol. You have no idea what Hothead's solution is for the Bronco. It will be different for sure.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just to be clear. This isn't caused by the bolt. Just looking at the diameter of the bolt to the damage radius you can see that they don't line up.
As others have said. Damage is from the mic top. I bet if you flip the Mic top over and look at the location for this bolt you will find some Bronco paint stuck to the it.

Ford Bronco 🙌 MIC Top 2.0 equipped Bronco delivered from Dirt Mountain! 1632046634116

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
as far as people talking about the headliner shedding, are you running your hand over it to make it? If so, why?
I feel it’s safe to assume that removing, bagging/unbagging, installing tops, that it’s inevitable the hands will touch the material. IMHO.! :)
Ford Bronco 🙌 MIC Top 2.0 equipped Bronco delivered from Dirt Mountain! 8C83B6F7-F9FE-49E2-87A7-9E633E3E8EFC

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True, but at least the softtop came at no additional cost. I plan to keep it when I buy a hardtop, maybe black modular in 23. Nice thing is we will have a few hardtop options over the next couple years. Curious to see the one with sliding windows, would do well when I car camp in bug infested areas.
The mod top would be great but it won't be available for a while. The mic top cost from the factory is significantly cheaper than any other hardtop option, including buying them as an accessory later.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congrats!

I hate to ask a stupid question, but I will anyway. On the MIC top, there are "slots" for the luggage rack. Do they go all the way through? i.e. Can I pass a strap through the "hole" to lift the top off?
It's just a notch out for the hook clamp of the Roof Rack. Couple of pics of the clamp off and attached.
As for lifting the top straight up, take note of that the back edge flange of the top is nearly the same width of the roll bar. To keep from screwing up the paint make sure the top is balanced and shifted a few inches to the back before lifting straight up.

CLAMP-4.JPG

RACK CLAMP -2.JPG

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
uhhhh i think most ppl were expecting fabric that doesn’t flake off everywhere when you touch it? “free” or not, they were once planning to charge folks around 500.00 for this option when there are companies like hothead who offer a far superior product for cheaper. if you’re happy with poor quality on an expensive vehicle, great, I’m sure Ford loves people like you, but don’t act like those of us who are rightfully questioning a quality issue are weird for not wanting a less than top quality product.
People like me… the ones that don’t expect everything on a first year model to be perfect. Or someone that can vacuum a headliner when I get it. Or someone that realizes I’m buying a Ford off-road vehicle and not a luxury rover. Or someone that also realizes that buying a car virtually unseen by most, I don’t fall into this category, but there’s probably going to be a few things I don’t like about it at some point. Or someone that just doesn’t need something to complain about. Or someone that wants to compare what it comes with to something else that doesn’t exist yet for it(which I’m lazy and didn’t check but I’m assuming like everything else for it the aftermarket headliner doesn’t exist, but sure I’m sure it’s better even if it does exist no one has actually seen it in person). Or someone that at this point wonders how many people are complaining about it that got it for free. I’m sure Ford does appreciate someone like me that realizes what I actually bought, knows it’s not a luxury cars, knows it won’t be perfect and that will probably have some features that people who own one will chalk it up to annoying character, but don’t care about that because all in all it’s a good looking vehicle that is better than the others in its field, or larger inside than it’s field, or whatever someone chooses to put more weight on than a possibly (some owners say there’s is fine) shedding, free headliner that wasn’t going to be great to begin with because like I stated, Jeep’s is junk also. For the record, most aftermarket anything is better than factory, if it wasn’t no one would buy aftermarket. But yeah……there are people who just need something to complain about.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats!

I hate to ask a stupid question, but I will anyway. On the MIC top, there are "slots" for the luggage rack. Do they go all the way through? i.e. Can I pass a strap through the "hole" to lift the top off?
No
Sponsored