First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About 15 years ago (pre-nav days, at least for me)I took a wrong turn between Aspen and Colorado Springs and wound up in Cripple Creek. The wife and I, with five kids in the Suburban and a bunch of bikes on back, consulted our Atlas and saw a road to take us south, to rejoin our route to get us back to Texas. It turned into a dirt road at the town of Victor and unbeknownst to us we were on an old gold mining road that narrowed to one lane in spots. We passed a VW bug that had rolled(occupants OK). After an eventful 4000 foot decent we hit US 50 just east of Cañon City.

I would highly recommend this trek to fellow Bronco drivers who are in this neck of the woods. Not so much for anybody driving from Aspen to Austin straight through.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About 15 years ago (pre-nav days, at least for me)I took a wrong turn between Aspen and Colorado Springs and wound up in Cripple Creek. The wife and I, with five kids in the Suburban and a bunch of bikes on back, consulted our Atlas and saw a road to take us south, to rejoin our route to get us back to Texas. It turned into a dirt road at the town of Victor and unbeknownst to us we were on an old gold mining road that narrowed to one lane in spots. We passed a VW bug that had rolled(occupants OK). After an eventful 4000 foot decent we hit US 50 just east of Cañon City.

I would highly recommend this trek to fellow Bronco drivers who are in this neck of the woods. Not so much for anybody driving from Aspen to Austin straight through.
Didja have gramma strapped to the roof rack, Clark? :ROFLMAO:

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Phantom Canyon Road - Fun drive in a 'Burban, huh? Congrats!

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did the same trip in 78 driving my 69 VW convertible, got a pic some place sporting longer hair abd bell bottoms

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As they were piling up in the entrance, he should've skirted off road out the back. Turn them lightsd off and disappear.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I should see if I can drive more of them. I have an order I'm not sure I'll ever get. I drove a 2.3 manual that I found rather awkward. Felt slow and clumsy. Didn't like the clutch. The I drove a Wildtrak 2.7 and thought it was great. So I've ordered the 2.7. I should give the 2.3 another chance in both manual and auto configurations if I can find some to test drive.
2.3 auto in sport is sporty. It’s not hat much slower than 2.7. Saw a drag race video and the 2.7 was faster but the 2.3 was right there

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Phantom Canyon Road - Fun drive in a 'Burban, huh? Congrats!
Of course, soon after we left Victor, descending fairly steeply, the low fuel light came on. Although still early in the morning, the kids were awake now and terrified.
All I could think about was making it to a gas station and how up shit creek (and down from Cripple Creek!) we’d be if we ran out.
The classic quote from the trek came from one of my 9 year old twins, after seeing the rolled VW. “I just wanna pee before i die.”

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.3 auto in sport is sporty. It’s not hat much slower than 2.7. Saw a drag race video and the 2.7 was faster but the 2.3 was right there
Yeah. I've not driven a 2.3 auto. But I imagine it's pretty good. I think the 10 speed auto probably helps.

Sponsored

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As expected, a four door. Would never happen with a two door.
:p

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We had a chase in our area as well ,he was upset he didn't get the 2 dr moms were laughing at school drop off line.

springer

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition , 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They forgot his name on the Sheriff's plaque under the chin. I believe it should read -

NAME - Ima Stoner

326784844_2080147955516746_8697612436536240603_n.jpeg