PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Clubs

Thanks for the pictures. This looks very promising, as the rear suspension seems to be barely sagging if at all with this large (but empty) trailer. Our 4 door wrangler sinks more in the rear with just a jet ski in tow, and sinks almost down to the bottom with a 3500 lb enclosed work trailer (I only tow that at low speeds around refineries), and that wrangler is rated the same as the bronco at 3500 lbs. I don’t want to speak too soon, but this helps solidify my suspicion that a 4 door bronco can be capable of safely towing more than 3500 lbs if necessary.

Advertisement

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Doesn't look photoshopped to me. Anyone have any idea what that trailer weighs? Looks like a medium size steel trailer.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
If that is a Big Tex or something close, that is a heavy trailer. (7,000-9000LB)
It looks like a 20' 100A. It's GVWR is 9,900. Trailer itself is listed as 3200 and change empty. Still heavy for an empty trailer, but just enough weight left on the Bronco's 3500 lbs tow rating for a small 250 ish pound bike 🤣

https://www.bigtextrailers.com/all-trailers

Last edited:

Mattwings

Big Bend
First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I
It must be right on the nose. All sorts of modifications to that trailer, looks like they were done to reach a certain weight.
have no idea, but that was my thought too, it’s weighted to match max capacity for testing.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
It must be right on the nose. All sorts of modifications to that trailer, looks like they were done to reach a certain weight.
That would be the logical answer but this is 6G , logic is out the window .
Ford is testing max towing weight .

vrtical

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Clubs

Can tow 10k trailer with nothing on it 😂

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
I think they are filling in the Tow Chart Specs. OBX and BB non Sas will have the highest capacity because they don't have the steel bumpers, disconnect, and bash plates. Badlands and FE with Sas will be the worst having all the rock crawling stuff on them. Probably why you can't get a tow package with the FE. It is going to be a Jeep Gladiator situation.

Dmk08

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Clubs

I think they are filling in the Tow Chart Specs. OBX and BB non Sas will have the highest capacity because they don't have the steel bumpers, disconnect, and bash plates. Badlands and FE with Sas will be the worst having all the rock crawling stuff on them. Probably why you can't get a tow package with the FE. It is going to be a Jeep Gladiator situation.
Its going to be a pathetic 3500lb in an “SUV”.

P52Ranch

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Boss302
It looks like a 20' 100A. It's GVWR is 9,900. Trailer itself is listed as 3200 and change empty. Still heavy for an empty trailer, but just enough weight left on the Bronco's 3500 lbs tow rating for a small 250 ish pound bike 🤣

https://www.bigtextrailers.com/all-trailers
Definitely a 100a. Looks more like a 16’. That’s still 3000# empty. More importantly that’s a 400# tongue weight empty.
Even with no passengers or luggage the rear suspension doesn’t seem to be sagging much

Advertisement

Advertisement