First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Off Road, Beater Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Never seen badlands with the door inserts before that’s weird?
I swear the more I see those wheels and tires on the Big Bend, the more it should just be called the Base Sport. Who the F ever came up with those ugly ass wheels and wimpy tires?

Yeah I'm in on the Big Bend because it fits the budget I set for myself and gets me Race Red. But come on Ford, it's annoying to have to want to swap those out right at delivery. And that I will do for probably another $2500 ?
I'm toggling between the Base & Big Bend right now and might be interested in your BB castoffs if I end up going for the Base. I actually like the BB wheels, not a fan of the shopping mall tires either but could live with them for a while. Question for me is whether I should go with the 4.27 option on the BB which is not available on the Base.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm toggling between the Base & Big Bend right now and might be interested in your BB castoffs if I end up going for the Base. I actually like the BB wheels, not a fan of the shopping mall tires either but could live with them for a while. Question for me is whether I should go with the 4.27 option on the BB which is not available on the Base.
Gearing will depend on whether or not you plan to tow, or go larger tires. Honestly, going as high as 33" tires, any of the gearing will move the Bronco in my opinion. My problem is I will tow my trailer, therefor, I'm going either the 4.27's or Squatching a Base and getting the 4.70's. After the B&P debacle over the weekend I'm back up in the air on my build. I'll let you know if I go Big Bend still though, those tires/wheels will be swapped immediately when I get home!

Gasherbrum

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Off Road, Beater Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gearing will depend on whether or not you plan to tow, or go larger tires. Honestly, going as high as 33" tires, any of the gearing will move the Bronco in my opinion. My problem is I will tow my trailer, therefor, I'm going either the 4.27's or Squatching a Base and getting the 4.70's. After the B&P debacle over the weekend I'm back up in the air on my build. I'll let you know if I go Big Bend still though, those tires/wheels will be swapped immediately when I get home!
Sounds good. I'm up in the air as well ... was set on a Base Squatch, but after the B&P changes I'm being a grown-up again and deciding whether it makes any sense at all to spend $ 9k extra on a package just because it looks cool as I definitely don't need it for the streets & environs of DC. 32's are a good size tire for my daily use, look decent and I wouldn't need a running start to get in the car each day. Yes, keep me in the loop.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man Big Bend has the best wheels and the worst grill.
I hate to say this, But are you smoking crack?
You have that backwards.

Big Bend has the best grill with the ugliest wheels.
But to each his own.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Are you getting American Racing Outlaw II’s?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm there also. If I go Base I'd gladly take BB wheels off someone, the tires are OK, I'd upgrade at replacement.
The BB with a 4.27 locker would be perfect, I like the wheels and I could get A51, but is it worth $5K?

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love the look with squatch & was considering splurging for it before it jumped up to $7k ?. But if I can put 33s on a BB I’m happy.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love the look with squatch & was considering splurging for it before it jumped up to $7k ?. But if I can put 33s on a BB I’m happy.
I can't see any reason why 33's wouldn't fit. Different wheels most likely needed for the offset, but 33's should fit under the fenders.

And to answer @wvmtneer ... Uh Yeah, Outlaw II's, why would I want anything else? Real men rock American Racing Outlaw II's! ? Not those cute little Millennial wheels everyone buys. ?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can't see any reason why 33's wouldn't fit. Different wheels most likely needed for the offset, but 33's should fit under the fenders.

And to answer @wvmtneer ... Uh Yeah, Outlaw II's, why would I want anything else? Real men rock American Racing Outlaw II's! ? Not those cute little Millennial wheels everyone buys. ?
I don't think you'd need different offset if you stick with a 255. 255 80 x17 are 33. You might need to modify one or both crash bars though.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think you'd need different offset if you stick with a 255. 255 80 x17 are 33. You might need to modify one or both crash bars though.
Yeah, but if go 33's, I'm going 285's. I don't like skinny tires. But yeah, you're correct, with a skinnier 32/33 you should be ok.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, but if go 33's, I'm going 285's. I don't like skinny tires. But yeah, you're correct, with a skinnier 32/33 you should be ok.
I went with 235 85 x16 on my Rubicon and found out while doing Bronco research 255 85 x 16 are available and wish I would have done that (1" taller and 3/4 " wider), 235's are a bit narrow. I think 255's will be right for me, my chains will fit and be an easier put on

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow that roof rack on that 2 door does NOT look good. I was originally going BD 4 door with MIC too and roof rack but recently had been considering sticking with the soft top and that might do it.
Sponsored