Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't know if I can explain it but I'll try.

Speaking strictly for myself, others might have different reasons.

When I first started getting into cars and truck custom was king for me. Stock always looked so boring.

As I've gotten older I've seen so many fads and participated I a few of them. I look back and wonder WFT were we thinking? So many bad things were done to great cars.

It's made me appreciate classic details so much more because they are familiar and you know how they age and they'll never really go out of style. I appreciate details that I never appreciated in the past. Those small undersized wheels and tires tucked deep in the wheel wells of a classic car use to bother me, now I love them.

Maybe I just got old but I get it now.

That doesn't mean I don't like a car that has been properly stanced either (and I don't mean that in the way kids do these days) I mean a really proper sized tire that sits nice and flush with the lip and sits just right in the arch.

I don't know if you can see it in my profile pic very well but I put a lot of work into getting my fire bird to sit just right on modern wheels and tires that I think still look tasteful and I hope will age well and not look like a tacky fad in 10 years.

I totally get why some people think the steelies look cheap because I use to feel the same but I've come around and I 'get it'.

I don't expect others to because we all like what we like and the best part about that is you don't have to worry about seeing me roll down the street with the same exact mods as you.

The thing I really don't get is the over 20" wheels with rubber bands for tires on off roaders. If we're gona shit on someone for there taste let's fight the real enemy :) brodozers
I guess it will be one of those things i don't get lol. I am all about classic design cues. Simple 5 spoke wheel is about as good looking as it can get to me., Torq thrust II and torque thrust D are some of the best looking wheels ever made Dark colors cry for chrome, etc etc.

Steelies I just dont get it. With a hub cap yeah I get it but just the straight up steelie I dont get it lol. I'm happy you guys that love it can get it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tahotrvlr

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tahotrvlr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'75 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not the photographer (James Revoyr) and canā€™t take credit. Just wanted to share on this forum. ?

2021 Bronco Black Diamond Cactus Gray Steel Wheels 2-Door 1.jpg
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Cactus Gray Steel Wheels 2-Door 2.jpg
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Cactus Gray Steel Wheels 2-Door 3.jpg
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Cactus Gray Steel Wheels 2-Door 4.jpg
Beautiful pics just like the poster.
It must be great to see them in person. Greetings and salutations from the west coast.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% agree MIC has/is evolving. So...if "15" is too early to pay attention to, what are the 'current' build numbers?

If MIC has settled down & become "production-ready", it sure would be nice to see a coupl'a outdoor photos, sun, shade, etc
We all see colors differently and the cameras used, lighting and angles all influence how the color looks. I have never been as upset by the top color as many, but in person, it looks very good to my eye and really nothing like the pictures. Same with the CG. It almost always looks green in the pictures on line. I saw little to no green in person. I love the color live and dislike the color in pictures. I know none of that helps with so few available to see in the wild, but I continue to try and give my perspective having seen a few in person ā˜¹

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like the steel wheels, wish a white top was an option
If Ford really is listening...

I want my 2022 2-dr manual Black Diamond with Wimbledon White steelies and a Wimbleton White roof.

Is that really too much to ask?

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think we are up around the high 270s or so for numbering. The top does look lighter than it is now but these rims look more correct. In the Bronco Materials and Interior video the lady says that the BD rims will be satin black not glossy like we have been seeing. I do like the satin better.
Really? Thatā€™s good news for me too. Thanks

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meh, I donā€™t like the steel wheels. Makes the Bronco look like an unmarked police vehicle.

TroutTrooper

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2001 Jeep Wrangler, 1988 Ranger (SVO swap), 1974 Super Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Finally a pic of a 2 door BD with steelies!

Did I miss something or is this just because it's early preproduction? I thought BD was supposed to get the steel rear bumper?

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally a pic of a 2 door BD with steelies!

Did I miss something or is this just because it's early preproduction? I thought BD was supposed to get the steel rear bumper?
Pretty sure that is the steel rear bumper, it just always has a rubber strip on the top where you can stand on it above the steel.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought BD was supposed to get the steel rear bumper?
I believe that is the standard rear bumper....which has always had a topping of some rubberized/plasticised material.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Finally some decent pics of a 2d on 32's, gives me an idea of the stance of a BB on 32's. Looks good.

For those who don't like the steelies look at BB, with optional locker. You get decent wheels and basically the same mechanics and a couple $K cheaper. I know you don't get MGV, but I prefer carpet and cloth and no Mod Bumper, but you could probably get a better aftermarket.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You people not liking the Cactus Gray are in need of some mental attention. :D

I'm warming to these steel wheels because I can have them painted Cactus Gray and put a nice chrome hubcap on them! (y)

icon-old-school.jpg
Hopefully someone comes up with a way to attach hub caps to the stock steelies. I think the steelies of yesteryear used to have tabs that the hub caps clipped onto. I donā€™t think that the s
I guess it will be one of those things i don't get lol. I am all about classic design cues. Simple 5 spoke wheel is about as good looking as it can get to me., Torq thrust II and torque thrust D are some of the best looking wheels ever made Dark colors cry for chrome, etc etc.

Steelies I just dont get it. With a hub cap yeah I get it but just the straight up steelie I dont get it lol. I'm happy you guys that love it can get it.
Everyone has their own tastes so I'm not trying to convert you but check out detroitsteelwheel.com. I think this website will at least give you an appreciation for the look even if it's not for you.

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2009 Mazda RX-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely been waiting to see a 2 door BD in Cactus Gray! Even though I'm getting the Squatch package, it's good to see one with smaller tires.

Not a fan of the steelies though...to each their own!

Thanks for the pics!

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why does Ford not offer black lugs? I still really like the BD but I don't think I really like Cactus Gray anymoe after seeing it on my favorite model in a 2 door. Damn none of these colors really stand out to me enough for me to want to buy..
I would guess it has to do with the fact that even the most expensive and best black lug nuts sometimes needs to be taken off carefully to not have it show silver scratches under the coating. Probably figure no one at dealers are careful enough to take them off properly?
Sponsored