First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sas; 2019 Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So who of us is still in the running to be the last to get their bronco? πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ
I should be coming off the list today. 🀞7/14/20 - 8/3/22
Sponsored

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ohh didn't know Hoel was an option. I ordered via plug-n-play, their lead times seem kinda long and the website kinda messy but I have heard good things about them. Would have been nice to get it from Hoel who seems to ship a bit quicker. Oh well!

Good to hear your speaker replacement went well, I'll have to update y'all when I get mine in!
Definitely let us know how it sounds! That is the one thing I can't stand on the Bronco so far, and I'm about to go on a 3.5 road trip to Dallas for work. The bass is TERRIBLE, and the sound quality is pretty basic.

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Definitely let us know how it sounds! That is the one thing I can't stand on the Bronco so far, and I'm about to go on a 3.5 road trip to Dallas for work. The bass is TERRIBLE, and the sound quality is pretty basic.
I agree, sound quality is trash. I'm driving a 2018 Ecosport while my Brocno gets ceramic coated and the sound system in there is decent (B & O).

I did order two 4" kicker speakers for the dash, but have not had time to replace them yet.

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I replaced the dash speakers and kick panel speakers and hooked them up to a kicker key(bi-amped)... I also used a hoel wiring harness.

Was pretty easy to do and sounds much better. You can turn off/on the dsp on the amp and it sounds way better with it on. The EQ is really good. I am still contemplating getting a sub too, we'll see! You have any questions, lmk. I actually had to do this twice, sent wrong harness at first but replaced it asap once i reached out.
Hey MattyC,

Can you tell me what you ordered and level of difficulty of install? This is DEFINITELY the first thing I want to fix on the Bronco before the joyrides begin. Thank you!

MattyC

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey MattyC,

Can you tell me what you ordered and level of difficulty of install? This is DEFINITELY the first thing I want to fix on the Bronco before the joyrides begin. Thank you!
Hey RD!

Sure - I originally wasn't sure if I was getting a sub or not so I wanted 6.5's that could produce decent mids and some lows. I don't know if you messed around with subwoofers in the 90s, but SAVARD used to make a decent sub cheap. They recently came back out and I got their 6.5 Rap v2's. I think they sound great. The front 4" speakers I replaced with Infinity Reference (4032cfx) because Amazon had them on sale for like half off at the time. There are some people who will say its better to match your speaker brands for various reasons, but they sound good to me so it is what it is.

I have this powered by a Kicker Key 200.4, mounted under the steering wheel on the metal plate thing. To wire it all up, I got a Hoel Wiring harness which costs about $90. I messaged him and asked if he could wire it up in Bi-Amped configuration because thats what I'd be using the kicker key for. I'm not doing anything with the rear 4" speakers so Bi-Amped works great for the front stage.

Installation was pretty easy. The most nerve racking part is popping all the plastics off because you don't want to break any tabs. Everything popped off fine though. I have the docs if you need them. After that, you pretty much just plug the harness in and put it all back together. Because I ran Bi-Amped though, I did have to run wires from the harness to the 4" speakers, super easy though. Once its all back together, just run the kicker key DSP setup thing, where you play pink noise and it configures everything for you. You don't really have to worry about bass blockers on the new wires because the Kicker Key EQs everything for you.

The only other thing is, this wasn't a loopback harness so I did run the power wire from the battery through the firewall. Some posts though, did talk about how their setup wasn't working right and the fix was to run power from the battery instead of the headunit, so I think its a better method anyways.

If you have any other questions/concerns just let me know. Like I said it was pretty straight forward, I actually ended up doing it TWICE because the first harness didn't work correct, but Hoel Wiring took care of it, shipping and everything and sent me a new harness. He has all the bugs ironed out now.

Sponsored

Tmoore3

Outer Banks
First Name
Teniele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was built July 11th and changed to shipped a day or two after on the ford tracker with and EDD of July 28th to Aug 3rd.
This morning I got a notification on the ford pass app that my activation was denied. I sent my husband out to drive by the dealership but he didn’t see anything. My tracker still says β€œin transit” - I’m so anxious for it to finally get here - hopefully soon ☺
And now my EDD is pushed to August 8th to 14th. I went to the dealer yesterday and they said last time they checked it was waiting in a lot in Saskatoon - uggh - so close yet so far!!!

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey RD!

Sure - I originally wasn't sure if I was getting a sub or not so I wanted 6.5's that could produce decent mids and some lows. I don't know if you messed around with subwoofers in the 90s, but SAVARD used to make a decent sub cheap. They recently came back out and I got their 6.5 Rap v2's. I think they sound great. The front 4" speakers I replaced with Infinity Reference (4032cfx) because Amazon had them on sale for like half off at the time. There are some people who will say its better to match your speaker brands for various reasons, but they sound good to me so it is what it is.

I have this powered by a Kicker Key 200.4, mounted under the steering wheel on the metal plate thing. To wire it all up, I got a Hoel Wiring harness which costs about $90. I messaged him and asked if he could wire it up in Bi-Amped configuration because thats what I'd be using the kicker key for. I'm not doing anything with the rear 4" speakers so Bi-Amped works great for the front stage.

Installation was pretty easy. The most nerve racking part is popping all the plastics off because you don't want to break any tabs. Everything popped off fine though. I have the docs if you need them. After that, you pretty much just plug the harness in and put it all back together. Because I ran Bi-Amped though, I did have to run wires from the harness to the 4" speakers, super easy though. Once its all back together, just run the kicker key DSP setup thing, where you play pink noise and it configures everything for you. You don't really have to worry about bass blockers on the new wires because the Kicker Key EQs everything for you.

The only other thing is, this wasn't a loopback harness so I did run the power wire from the battery through the firewall. Some posts though, did talk about how their setup wasn't working right and the fix was to run power from the battery instead of the headunit, so I think its a better method anyways.

If you have any other questions/concerns just let me know. Like I said it was pretty straight forward, I actually ended up doing it TWICE because the first harness didn't work correct, but Hoel Wiring took care of it, shipping and everything and sent me a new harness. He has all the bugs ironed out now.
Which harness was it, exactly? Just asking as I know you had some issues with the correct harness. I also couldn't find a $90 one. The one I think is the right one is like $130. Thanks again for the help sir!

MattyC

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Which harness was it, exactly? Just asking as I know you had some issues with the correct harness. I also couldn't find a $90 one. The one I think is the right one is like $130. Thanks again for the help sir!
So if you are doing Bi-amped, just reach out to him. I didn't see that option on his site either, but just used the message chat thing on his site, told him what I wanted to do and he got me set up. The issues I had were because he didn't wire the first few correctly for Bi-amp mode and made the adjustments, then sent me it done correctly.

tcoughlan

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 (while waiting on my order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey RD!

thanks for the tips! Ordered A Bi-amped kit from him with the premium install so I don’t mess anything up haha. Looking forward to the better sound! Pairing it with the kicker 200.4 amp and some jbl speakers.

MattyC

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
thanks for the tips! Ordered A Bi-amped kit from him with the premium install so I don’t mess anything up haha. Looking forward to the better sound! Pairing it with the kicker 200.4 amp and some jbl speakers.
Awesome! LMK if you need any help or reassurance once you get everything!

Candy_J

Badlands
First Name
Candy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So for anyone delivered by train. Was the tracking pretty accurate?
My Bronco is on Canadian National Railways but has TTGX railcar number which seems to be Norfolk Southern.
When I call the number, it says something about July 8th and some city in Illinois I can't understand with the robot voice. Listened to it three times. lol
So could it be just sitting in a holding lot or something in Illinois for the last three weeks? Or is it possible it's been moving?
I was on Norfolk and it was accurate as far as I could tell. They seem to add the word β€œscanner” behind the city names. Maybe knowing that you can figure out what she’s saying. Hope it’s there soon!

JerseyGirl in VA

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2023 Harley Davidson Low Rider ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

She's here, and she's a beaut! Driving it home was a dream. Super responsive turbo, and even tho I'm a noobie at the manual, I did just fine and it shifted soooo smoothly! Can't wait to drive it in the daylight, top down, turnin' heads!
Ford Bronco πŸ›  01/24/22 Build Week Group 20220803_192932
HELL YEAH!!!!!!! so happy for you!!! do you absolutely love it??

JerseyGirl in VA

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2023 Harley Davidson Low Rider ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked her up today. Was able to use the Z plan at Gullo Ford in Conroe TX. Process was painless. Really love this ride.

can anyone find the link to the aftermarket front plate holder? I’d like to order that.
freaking awesome!!! congrats!!!!
Sponsored