Candy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
โ€˜22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I canโ€™t even get a straight answer as to whether I am on a chip hold.

Still being told Iโ€™ll be at the dealer by 5/30.

84CDAC2B-A903-4A1C-A0CF-8C88A1A6F318.jpeg
The dealer can see the chip hold if itโ€™s there.

Candy_J

Badlands
First Name
Candy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
โ€˜22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone in here with โ€œ In productionโ€ and On Hold for Micro chip status and who already passed their ETA? Iโ€™m trying to make sense of it all even though itโ€™s not easy. My ETA moved from 2/7 to 5/4 but in tracker still shows in production!!
My ETA is 5/24-5/27. Still on chip hold.

lperlich

Outer Banks
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
So an update. We had torrential rain storms last night and the soft top did leak a bit. It was very minimal and the storms were gully washers but it did leak on the passenger side front floorboard, dripped from the window I think and there was a little bit of water on the tailgate interior.

Also while I was going through the purchase process yesterday I was asking the sales person just what the deal was with all the partial build Broncos sitting at the MAP for so long. She indicated that because of the chip shortage they would build a Bronco and move it to the holding area and then remove the chips and take them back to assembly and build another, then rinse and repeat. This seems to make sense and could be the reason why the modules early on were being populated for a short period of time. So if true this could explain a lot of what we have been seeing. Once they get modules she didn't have any insight as to how vehicles are chosen to be finished. At my dealership mine wasn't the only one to show up there was also 3 others so perhaps they are waiting for a group that are ready for a particular dealership/location before they ship.
Super reassuring

Irishman

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Those Wildtrak graphics are absolutely stunning on white. Congrats!
Yes when I was able to test drive a wildtrak last summer at my dealership that had the graphic I added it to my build... Totally worth the money

Jviz4u

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice-Mountain special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I could be wrong, but I don't see many MIC tops Bronco's being shipped?
I have noticed only soft tops?

side note, has everyone been updated on our spreadsheet?

My MIC shipped last month and is stuck now on the Railyard for a second week. The sage continues even after being built and shipped messages. I think I will write a book one day.

Irishman

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Candy_J

Badlands
First Name
Candy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
โ€˜22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my baby picture today, however I havent even left the factory and I think I need a new windshield ~

image.jpg
Maybe thatโ€™s your only hold up and itโ€™s been taken care of. ๐Ÿคž

Sponsored

Mhutton

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Chatted with ford customer service today and am just so fricken angry. In production 1/27 and stuck there and ASN still. I am REALLY 50/50 on taking my business elsewhere. Thinking about looking into the new Hyundai Santa Cruz and Toyota 4Runner. Really bummed to not have a top down car though.

Lateisha: Hello, Maria! My name is LaTeisha. How can I help you today?
Maria: Hi LaTeisha. Can you please check on the status of my Bronco? It is a base model that went into production 1/27/22
Maria: really hoping I dont have to take my business elsewhere
Lateisha: Maria, I am happy to look into the status of your order for you.
Lateisha: One moment please.
Maria: thank you
Lateisha: You're welcome.
Lateisha: Maria, I show the following status as In Production/Produced.
Maria: I can see that too
Maria: Is there an ETA or when it will be built?
Maria: shipped? anything?
Lateisha: Currently there is no ETA on the shipping date.
Maria: is there a chip hold on it?
Lateisha: Let me take a look. One moment please.
Maria: thank you!
Lateisha: Yes, I do show there is a hold Maria.
Maria: okay thank you
Lateisha: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Maria: no, thank you
Maria: have a good day

Ford is so useless

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got my baby picture today, however I havent even left the factory and I think I need a new windshield ~

image.jpg
Honestly, I'd push HARD to just have them ship it and take care of it later, but knowing Ford, they'll hold onto it so it leaves the plant passing QC.

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I took delivery yesterday and can't be happier. Everything is so much better in person. I posted these pics on the road, but it appears they didn't upload. The Katzkin leather turned out amazing and I would have paid a million dollars for the seat coolers. ๐Ÿฅดo_O The colored interior inserts are not as bright a blue as in the photos online and do not clash with the black leather like I feared. The kit came with both heated and cooled seats and also wraps for the side and center arm rests. The factor heated seat buttons still work, but I didn't check to see if they're actually functional. Wild Willies (@Akins Ford) installed the new switch very nicely on the side of the seat. They also did the 2" ReadyLift kit, which I think is perfect and will look great when I get the 35's on her (wheels/tires due for delivery next month - I'll post more pics then).

For the record, I had 61 miles on the odometer when I took delivery - which seems weird if Roush is only a few miles from MAP. I had about a 600 mile drive back to work home yesterday and she did great the whole way. The 2.7 is peppier than I thought it would be, and I haven't even pushed it yet (want to give it some break in time). Brakes are solid and have good "play" - i.e. they don't have that "off/on" feel in an F150 where you can't really ease into braking. Entertainment system is great and the sound system in the LUX setup was fairly impressive and just a notch below my 10-speaker setup in the M3. You can still hear some road noise listening to talk radio/podcasts/audible and have to turn the volume up a little more than I'd like at highway speeds, but for music it sounds very full and rich and road noise isn't an issue. It rained on me about 2am and I did lose traction once on the highway for a split second. I was unsure if it's smarter to use the "slippery conditions" setting on the highway since that switches to 4H - so would love someone to chime in on that.

Anyway, absolutely love it - even more than I thought I would. Love you All - thanks to all of you for keeping this fun for the months we had to wait it out! For those still waiting - KEEP THE FAITH! There is zero chance you will enjoy some Dodge/Toyota/Jeep as much as this bad girl!

Introducing Molly:
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  01/24/22 Build Week Group IMG_9098

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  01/24/22 Build Week Group IMG_9097

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  01/24/22 Build Week Group IMG_9105

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  01/24/22 Build Week Group IMG_9106

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  01/24/22 Build Week Group IMG_9102

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  01/24/22 Build Week Group IMG_9103

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  01/24/22 Build Week Group IMG_9104

Headrest is missing bc the leather was damaged. Akins is waiting for a replacement and will ship to me later.
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  01/24/22 Build Week Group IMG_9107

"Wendy's is my co-pilot"

Last edited: