KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Since owning my bronco, I've only been able to drive it for 2 full weeks. Go it for a week, windshield cracked, they had it for a week. Week 2, they forgot to program the windshield, took 1 full day for that. Drove it majority of week 2, and week 3 i took it camping broke my ankle, and now its been sitting in my driveaway for 3 weeks. Now it's at a detailer getting a full ceramic coat but i prob still can't drive for another few weeks lol.

At least I can look at her.
Sponsored

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since owning my bronco, I've only been able to drive it for 2 full weeks. Go it for a week, windshield cracked, they had it for a week. Week 2, they forgot to program the windshield, took 1 full day for that. Drove it majority of week 2, and week 3 i took it camping broke my ankle, and now its been sitting in my driveaway for 3 weeks. Now it's at a detailer getting a full ceramic coat but i prob still can't drive for another few weeks lol.

At least I can look at her.
Get better soon! I tore the meniscus in my knee and partially tore my MCL back in June, no bueno!

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m just over 5,000 miles and taking it in for first oil change tomorrow at the dealership where I bought it. I asked about the windshield recall and was told it was optional yet advisable, but not required. (I had also heard they wouldn’t work on it or change the oil without doing the recall). Has anyone had any experience either doing the recall after taking ownership or NOT doing the recall? I know at some point I will probably have a cracked windshield and will need it repaired and would rather just wait. I’ve heard too many horror stories about it taking weeks and the work being subpar. I asked if I could take it to safelite and was told it had to be done by Ford.

Last edited:

flowingaway

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m just over 5,000 miles and taking it in for first oil change tomorrow at the dealership where I bought it. I asked about the windshield recall and was told it was optional yet advisable, but not required. (I had also heard they wouldn’t work on it or change the oil without doing the recall). Has anyone had any experience either doing the recall after taking ownership or NOT doing the recall? I know at some point I will probably have a cracked windshield and will need it repaired and would rather just wait. I’ve heard too many horror stories about it taking weeks and the work being subpar. I asked if I could take it to safelite and was told it had to be done by Ford.
I called my dealership about the recall a month ago and they said they'd coordinate with a local windshield company, never heard back.

I called them last week to follow up and they pretty much said there is a windshield shortage, and just don't worry about it 😂 kind of an odd thing to hear from a dealership service department. I told them I'll check back every so often because I'd rather get it fixed than just leave it be.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1/17'er here. Just got my first service done with oil change and had them do the windshield recall as well. Dropped off at 8:30 am and it was ready by 2:30 pm.

Sponsored

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1/17'er here. Just got my first service done with oil change and had them do the windshield recall as well. Dropped off at 8:30 am and it was ready by 2:30 pm.
Have you noticed any issues afterwards, improvement or worse? Any issues with the electronics, lane keeping etc??? I’ve had windshields replaced on my F150 and the rear view mirror would vibrate like crazy at idle. They never could fix it.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you noticed any issues afterwards, improvement or worse? Any issues with the electronics, lane keeping etc??? I’ve had windshields replaced on my F150 and the rear view mirror would vibrate like crazy at idle. They never could fix it.
I haven't noticed any difference, but I have a Black Diamond, so no High or Lux package was available to me.
To be more specific on the recall though, they don't give you a new windshield. The recall was due to some of them not being seated properly with risk of a full shatter in a collision. The fix is to remove and properly re-seat the original factory windshield.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven't noticed any difference, but I have a Black Diamond, so no High or Lux package was available to me.
To be more specific on the recall though, they don't give you a new windshield. The recall was due to some of them not being seated properly with risk of a full shatter in a collision. The fix is to remove and properly re-seat the original factory windshield.
Oh! Why would they tell you @flowingaway there is a windshield shortage if they don’t need to replace it!?!?

flowingaway

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh! Why would they tell you @flowingaway there is a windshield shortage if they don’t need to replace it!?!?
No idea man. I'm gonna stay on them though, or try the other dealership in town and see if I get a different response. I'd rather not have the windshield come in on me. Just a personal preference.

One Deplorable

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and a Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealership told me to bring it in at 7,500 or 6 months. I was like what?!
I've never waited that long for an oil change in my life.
Got lucky and missed the windshield recall.

Sponsored

KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was told 7500, I'm sure these more modern engines are the reason.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was changing the oil in my F150 around 10k miles. I was driving it around 35k miles a year and 85% of that was flat highway driving in Florida, I drove it for 6 years no issues ever.

akh2ogeek

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@akh2ogeek Any updates? Hoping this is minor quick fix!🤞🏻
Sorry for not posting yesterday. Things are crazy at work. I spoke with the salesmen. It’s a paint chip on one of the fenders. It’s at the body shop getting fixed. Hopefully by middle of next week it will be in my hands.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry for not posting yesterday. Things are crazy at work. I spoke with the salesmen. It’s a paint chip on one of the fenders. It’s at the body shop getting fixed. Hopefully by middle of next week it will be in my hands.
They couldn’t have just told you that!!! I thought it was going to be something major!!! Glad it’s minor!
Sponsored