First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Santa Fem 1995 Mazda Miata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well it's with a heavy heart that I have backed out of mine. Ford kept giving me the runaround on info and it was the straw that broke the camel's back. On 6/20 I bought a 21 Willys Wrangler. On 6/21 the Bronco was unloaded off a truck. I do not regret my decision. I had had enough of Ford pulling me around. I am debt free with it and I wonder if Ford will congratulate me on my purchase!

IMG_20220628_131757757_HDR.jpg
Buy it and sell it back to Ford for 10k markup
Sponsored

JoJoBronco

Base
First Name
Daniella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My update:
Since receiving mine, I have 2 issues I'm currently dealing with, the dealership seems to be avoiding/passing the buck to the next person.
1. My headlights randomly turn on at night when it's not on, not near it, it's just parked in the driveway. I caught on my ring cam too and found another thread on this forum about many others experiencing this. Ugh.
2. While driving with the windows half open they violently shake - sound like they will break so they either have to be fully up or fully down. Also found other threads about this.
So I went from being frustrated about it being stuck on ice mountain, to frustrated about issues. Will my battery die due to the lights turning on or will my windows break first?

IPTech

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My update:
Since receiving mine, I have 2 issues I'm currently dealing with, the dealership seems to be avoiding/passing the buck to the next person.
1. My headlights randomly turn on at night when it's not on, not near it, it's just parked in the driveway. I caught on my ring cam too and found another thread on this forum about many others experiencing this. Ugh.
2. While driving with the windows half open they violently shake - sound like they will break so they either have to be fully up or fully down. Also found other threads about this.
So I went from being frustrated about it being stuck on ice mountain, to frustrated about issues. Will my battery die due to the lights turning on or will my windows break first?
Ugh, more frustration, hate to hear that. I also like to roll with windows partially down, so this is going to be a problem for me as well. Issues like these would have been easier to swallow if we'd have gotten our rigs back in February like we were supposed to. Once we finally receive them, then we have to deal with the problems that crop up. Seems like the BS never ends.

One thing I'm concerned with is battery health; these all sat idle for 5-6 months with power being drawn by accessories yet was never started and allowed to recharge during this time.

Last edited:

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My update:
There is a tsb for both I believe. They can tighten the window assembly to fix the rattle, and there is an updated lighting switch that should be out in I think October to address the lights coming on.

L_Brady_

Base
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Go figure the delivery window was wrong. I checked yesterday morning and the delivery window had pushed out another 10 days but then a couple hours later my dealer called. FYI: I never got another Ford email saying it was delivered but the trackers did show a check mark by the “shipped” and at the top of the pizza tracker it said my bronco was in final preparation. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly Monday when I can pick it up

D4D428DF-9BBA-43C2-AF74-D6C552AFB5F8.jpeg

Sponsored

L_Brady_

Base
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Update: if your still waiting on your bronco, you will have to wait longer still. i couldn’t take delivery of my bronco until the dealership fixes the windshield recall. They are calling in a 3rd party glass company to come take it out, re-glue it, and pop it right back in. I’m hoping it will be this week but at this point nothing surprises me. Would have been nice if they had gone through ice mountain and fixed this issue while it was sitting there

JoJoBronco

Base
First Name
Daniella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is a tsb for both I believe. They can tighten the window assembly to fix the rattle, and there is an updated lighting switch that should be out in I think October to address the lights coming on.
Just got it back from dealer. They fixed the passenger side window rattle, couldn't fix drivers. They are booking me at a different location where they will have to do more "extensive" work... and RE: headlights. Youre right, TSB in October so I just have to deal with them turning on randomly 🙄

JoJoBronco

Base
First Name
Daniella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Update: if your still waiting on your bronco, you will have to wait longer still. i couldn’t take delivery of my bronco until the dealership fixes the windshield recall. They are calling in a 3rd party glass company to come take it out, re-glue it, and pop it right back in. I’m hoping it will be this week but at this point nothing surprises me. Would have been nice if they had gone through ice mountain and fixed this issue while it was sitting there
They didn't mention fixing mine today when I was having other issues addressed... kinda hoping I can get away without the correction for a while though if Im being honest. Plus, my dealership took 5 hours to install my Gatorback mudflaps as I sat in the lobby waiting... correcting the winshield would probably take them a month.

L_Brady_

Base
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They didn't mention fixing mine today when I was having other issues addressed... kinda hoping I can get away without the correction for a while though if Im being honest. Plus, my dealership took 5 hours to install my Gatorback mudflaps as I sat in the lobby waiting... correcting the winshield would probably take them a month.
The recall is fairly new so maybe you got yours just before the recall was circulated. If you had it already, I’m sure the dealerships will avoid the repair as long as possible. If you haven’t taken delivery yet, they are not allowed to give it to you until it’s fixed. Lucky us we fall into the 5 or 6 month build period that is recalled

Sponsored

Majidsho

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I finally got my bronco this past Monday…I would say it worth the wait but I made several mistakes while waiting … like buying another bronco and paying $10k markup and still not satisfied 100% because I knew the one I ordered was special to me. So ended up selling the one I bought, lost $5k and picked up my order at the end! I figured I’m not a smart decision maker at some point in my life! 😄 I hope you all will get yours too!
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/10/22 Build Week Group 5998812E-D67E-4767-B5C5-8E5896ECF87B

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I finally got my bronco this past Monday…I would say it worth the wait but I made several mistakes while waiting … like buying another bronco and paying $10k markup and still not satisfied 100% because I knew the one I ordered was special to me. So ended up selling the one I bought, lost $5k and picked up my order at the end! I figured I’m not a smart decision maker at some point in my life! 😄 I hope you all will get yours too!
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/10/22 Build Week Group 5998812E-D67E-4767-B5C5-8E5896ECF87B
Was the first bronco not Sasquatch? I’ve driven non-sas base and big bend broncos. They are a good solid truck, but when I drive my bd sas, I’m grinning ear to ear. Love this bronco. I’m glad I waited it out. Was about to order a rubicon last year. Stuck it out. So much more comfortable than a jl. And I’ve driven too many of them.

Majidsho

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was the first bronco not Sasquatch? I’ve driven non-sas base and big bend broncos. They are a good solid truck, but when I drive my bd sas, I’m grinning ear to ear. Love this bronco. I’m glad I waited it out. Was about to order a rubicon last year. Stuck it out. So much more comfortable than a jl. And I’ve driven too many of them.
No, first one was outer banks non Sasquatch. I’m definitely happy with my base Sasquatch order?

L_Brady_

Base
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s been a busy 48 hours! Picked it up Thursday, got the windows tinted, new wheels & tires installed, and got the side steps on (by myself!)
~I have to say, I think the market has made dealers snobs. Don’t get me wrong, I feel so thankful they honored MSRP but they were unwilling to budge on a crappy offer for my trade in, wouldn't throw in any accessories (not even floor mats or window tint), and said they weren’t “participating” in the $1,000 bronco customer satisfaction funds b/c they didn’t want to deal with the paperwork for reimbursement, and a week after delivery I’m still struggling to get them to remove a dent from the hood from transport
~Otherwise, it’s freakin great. I’m 5’8” and this thing is huge. Even before I switched the base tires I had to stand on my tippy toes to get in and now I feel like I have to jump in.

494E8B9E-E6B2-4B18-8A9A-4B50EDE69618.jpeg

PapaMaxis

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Congrats L Brady.... sorry to hear about your dealer but your Bronco looks great... Enjoy

Who's left in our group? I hope there's no one left hangin 🤞

Oh... I never posted a pic of my Bronco
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/10/22 Build Week Group IMG_1536.JPG
Sponsored