First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a question….. I am trying to figure this out but perhaps someone. could help? My Bronco keeps locking me out. Sometimes the back door will open before the front and sometimes it won’t . This is important for me because i put my book bag, lunch etc in the back and then get in the front. It is very embarrassing in a parking lot. Also more than 1/2 the time it will not lock using the black button on the drivers door handle. I reverse the procedure,, get out, open back door, get previous mentioned junk out and then want to lock it with the button. Usually I have to put all my stuff down, dig out my keys or my phone. Annoying to say the least. Can you help?
Have you tried your second key fob. Does it do the same ? If it doesn't the first key fob probably needs to be reconnected which can only be done at the dealer. You can try changing the battery in the key fob as well. That might work too
Sponsored

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you tried your second key fob. Does it do the same ? If it doesn't the first key fob probably needs to be reconnected which can only be done at the dealer. You can try changing the battery in the key fob as well. That might work too
I have thought about trying the second one and changing the battery. It’s so intermittent !! Would that affect the locking with the button on the door handle as well?

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have thought about trying the second one and changing the battery. It’s so intermittent !! Would that affect the locking with the button on the door handle as well?
Yes

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco is locked, you approach with the keys in your pocket and attempt to open the driver side back door. Do you have to put your hand into the driver door before the back one will unlock?

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bronco is locked, you approach with the keys in your pocket and attempt to open the driver side back door. Do you have to put your hand into the driver door before the back one will unlock?
Ah I have a wildtrak so I don't know if all broncos have this but with keys in my pocket. I press or touch that little button in the driver's door that has a lil lock icon and it automatically unlocks the door without me touching the key fob. If I don't have the key fob on my person then it wouldn't let me..don't know if that answers your question

Sponsored

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ah I have a wildtrak so I don't know if all broncos have this but with keys in my pocket. I press or touch that little button in the driver's door that has a lil lock icon and it automatically unlocks the door without me touching the key fob. If I don't have the key fob on my person then it wouldn't let me..don't know if that answers your question
I want to unlock the door behind the driver by just putting my hand in the door handle. It should open.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I want to unlock the door behind the driver by just putting my hand in the door handle. It should open.
Rear door does not have an automatic unlock function. Only the fronts. To unlock, all you do is grab the door handle like normal. No need to push the lock button on the door handle, after all, it's a lock button, not an unlock button. The rear tailgate functions the same way except that it will only unlock the rear tailgate when used but, will lock all doors with the button. The unlock sensor is on the interior portion of the handle.

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think it works on the rear doors like it does on the driver, passenger and rear cargo door. The back doors don't have the smart sense (whatever ford calls it) and I look like a moron doing this all the time.

Edit: Our Explorer has this, and the kids know it... but doesn't work on the bronco so they also look like morons with me.

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Rear door does not have an automatic unlock function. Only the fronts. To unlock, all you do is grab the door handle like normal. No need to push the lock button on the door handle, after all, it's a lock button, not an unlock button. The rear tailgate functions the same way except that it will only unlock the rear tailgate when used but, will lock all doors with the button. The unlock sensor is on the interior portion of the handle.
Ok, thanks. Now the mystery of locking…… it will not always lock using the black button. It’s very fussy….. any suggestions ? I am continually looking like a moron not a cool Bronco owner.

Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone have a 2 door and find power steps? Only good brand I've found is AMP.
I haven’t looked for any yet. I got my front mud flaps in but I haven’t watched a video to see if I have the right tools to install them myself.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Maverick I ordered will be in this week but of course I go out of town on Thursday. Hopefully it will show up before then. Carmax is down the street from the dealer and I want to flip it.

FunForAll

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, 2 F-150s, Explorer, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Maverick I ordered will be in this week but of course I go out of town on Thursday. Hopefully it will show up before then. Carmax is down the street from the dealer and I want to flip it.
You should get a good price since it appears the 2023 order banks are already closing:
MotorBiscuit: Say Goodbye to the 2023 Ford Maverick - Trucks.
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/say-goodbye-2023-ford-maverick/

If we needed one, I'd be hoping on a plane with cash and heading your way!

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You should get a good price since it appears the 2023 order banks are already closing:
MotorBiscuit: Say Goodbye to the 2023 Ford Maverick - Trucks.
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/say-goodbye-2023-ford-maverick/

If we needed one, I'd be hoping on a plane with cash and heading your way!
I picked it up yesterday and it is a nice little truck. I can't sell it until the title comes in so I will park it in the garage and not drive it. It had a few miles on it when I picked it up.
Sponsored