First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I got super excited from the window sticker and popped by the local dealership to borrow their Big Bend demo for a few hours. I told them I won't name their dealership by name as to not jinx the deal but they've really been great. This is the 4th or 5th time they've let me take the Bronco out for a few hours each time. The BB just cracked 1k miles and I've undoubtedly a good bit of those.

Each time I've driven it my eye has been even more critical than the last as I get comfortable and notice new things. Each time I still come away smiling.

I pulled it into the garage to see if it would fit with the wife's van.

I didn't tell my family I was bringing it home tonight but the wife caught me as I was coming in the front door (left the garage door opener in the other car at the dealership).

Miraculously the Bronco fit with plenty of room to space. I came inside and went about my business and I came down the steps and asked my daughters where their Mom was "she went out in the garage"

I went out and my wife is sitting in the driver's seat with a shit eating grin gripping the steering wheel and says "how am I going to drive this when I can't see over the hood?"

IMG_2220.jpg
Sponsored

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I got super excited from the window sticker and popped by the local dealership to borrow their Big Bend demo for a few hours. I told them I won't name their dealership by name as to not jinx the deal but they've really been great. This is the 4th or 5th time they've let me take the Bronco out for a few hours each time. The BB just cracked 1k miles and I've undoubtedly a good bit of those.

Each time I've driven it my eye has been even more critical than the last as I get comfortable and notice new things. Each time I still come away smiling.

I pulled it into the garage to see if it would fit with the wife's van.

I didn't tell my family I was bringing it home tonight but the wife caught me as I was coming in the front door (left the garage door opener in the other car at the dealership).

Miraculously the Bronco fit with plenty of room to space. I came inside and went about my business and I came down the steps and asked my daughters where their Mom was "she went out in the garage"

I went out and my wife is sitting in the driver's seat with a shit eating grin gripping the steering wheel and says "how am I going to drive this when I can't see over the hood?"

IMG_2220.jpg
No fair. Jealous

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No fair. Jealous
They've been awesome. Almost too awesome. I check in with the salesperson every week or so to placate my fears of ADM, discuss accessories/parts, how I plan to bring it home, etc. I had asked to get the Bronco for an overnight on the weekend but that never came to fruition.

Still - I know there are plenty who have never driven one and I have spent time behind a few from as early as July last year.

section525

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am going to go one up on that. First delivered is eligible to receive a genuine fire department shirt from Folsom Fire Department. Yes, THE Folsom Fire, as in Johnny Cash’s Folsom. I figure, we have all been in jail for long enough. First delivered will just need to tell what t-shirt size they want and give me a shipping address and I will send it out at my expense.
Too bad the CA high-speed rail isn't up yet. I have a feeling its going to be a slow ride from the D to CA.

Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hot diggity!!!! A 1/10 build week member just took delivery. 1/10 blend, 1/19 delivery....Pennsylvania!!!!

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Too bad the CA high-speed rail isn't up yet. I have a feeling its going to be a slow ride from the D to CA.
I live In so cal but taking delivery in Ohio. Part of a planned adventure back. Anyway wondering if I might get back faster than the delivery??? …… high speed rail boondoggle 🤣🤣🤣

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I live In so cal but taking delivery in Ohio. Part of a planned adventure back. Anyway wondering if I might get back faster than the delivery??? …… high speed rail boondoggle 🤣🤣🤣
As can be seen from my info, I list South Carolina as home. This is how I dealt with the rail boondoggle and everything else California. We sold our home, built a home, moved across the country, moved in, and I am just finishing up my career here and then jopining my family full time in SC. All that, and more, since reserving this darn Bronco!!!!

section525

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As can be seen from my info, I list South Carolina as home. This is how I dealt with the rail boondoggle and everything else California. We sold our home, built a home, moved across the country, moved in, and I am just finishing up my career here and then jopining my family full time in SC. All that, and more, since reserving this darn Bronco!!!!

Aahhhhh. I was wondering how the Folsom swag came in to play. A lot of folks I work with are doing the same. I work for a big electric company that's always in and out of the spotlight. :censored:

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice my sister lives in Myrtle b and my son in law is a firefighter in Placecia ca.

Sponsored

PonyGuy7

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50th SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello all,

Window sticker popped up yesterday, blend date of today (1/19/22).

Has anyone seen the following when checking the Motorcraft build site? Wasn't assuming anything's wrong, just curious.
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group mods
And just over an hour later...the module page popped!

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Excellent decision.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Excellent decision.
So, what's the British connection? I am the first American born in my family. My father, Kent near Gillingham, mother, Stratford, brother, Pelsall. Bunch of family in England.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hot diggity!!!! A 1/10 build week member just took delivery. 1/10 blend, 1/19 delivery....Pennsylvania!!!!
Rail or Convoy?? If rail got there that quick, I'd be very impressed!
Sponsored