Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That is a lot of "to do's"!

You live in a whole different world than I do when it comes to weather. I am hoping weather permitted, I can get my wheels painted next month. It's usually cold and wet.
The salt - plus I'm a little OCD. I know it's just going to get rusty anyway but at least for a weekend she's going to look *chef's kiss*
Sponsored

2kmsiebert

Big Bend
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, Mach E, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Tires are sitting at the dealership. If it really arrives on a Thursday I should be able to get it by Saturday.

I am going to have it towed to my house (to avoid salt) and Fluid Film the underbody, install rock rails, and clay bar the whole thing.

Also install my sunshade and synthetic down blanket for top insulation.

I plan on taking Monday off for sure!!
Which rock rails did you get? I am not sure if it is better to go w rock rails or side steps.... to help the kids climb up?! not sure how high it will be [cant remember....]

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would start where you bank. They know your habits with how much money goes in and how much you spend and save. My credit union has 2.19% and my salary is not all that much but my credit is great and I have a history with them.
What do you think the Apr Ford will give ? I feel like the local credit union only works for individual with credit history ... I can be wrong though but I will definitely hit them up now that you mention

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Which rock rails did you get? I am not sure if it is better to go w rock rails or side steps.... to help the kids climb up?! not sure how high it will be [cant remember....]
Go Rhino DSS. Really wanted the Ford Rock Rails but my wife is 5 foot nothing.

The DSS are probably the largest rock rail I'd consider putting on - which means it is the smallest possible step.

They are supposed to hold the weight of the vehicle and if I am being honest, I'm not going to be hardcore rock crawling this thing. They should easily be able to protect the Bronco from whatever I am throwing at it.

I've also already drilled out the rivets on the Go Rhino tag so that tackiness is gone.

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
3. Put $20k down. Invest $10k. Student loans rates are so low you are better off investing it and making a return while you pay it off at 5% or lower.
I actually have about 30k invested . That's actually a reason I have just paid off my student loans , for that same reason but at the same time having a big student loan balance affects credit score

Sponsored

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have an estimated delivery date of 2/13. That is a Sunday what are your thoughts about this? Could they possible delivery it a day the dealer isn’t open?
Thank you
You can pick it up that day. If they deliver it let's say Monday , you can pick it up Sunday. They ain't going to sell it to anyone don't worry. My dealer said the hold time is 2 weeks

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What do you think the Apr Ford will give ? I feel like the local credit union only works for individual with credit history ... I can be wrong though but I will definitely hit them up now that you mention
I did ask my dealership and they said that as far as they know, they will not have "special loan rates" for Broncos but Ford Credit is an option. I have signed up on ford.com and have an account ready to receive my points. I did see a Ford Credit tab on their website. You could fill out an application.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually have about 30k invested . That's actually a reason I have just paid off my student loans , for that same reason but at the same time having a big student loan balance affects credit score
So you have $10k in student loan debt or you just paid it off?

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's funny. I just checked how much vacation time I have so I can get my tires replaced and I'm going to paint my wheels black.
Can you post a link of what you're using to paint your wheels? Been considering this, myself!

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My salesman got back to me and said he does not have any updates. A few days ago he told me he has 6 Bronco's on hold that were around my build week.

Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you post a link of what you're using to paint your wheels? Been considering this, myself!
I watched a Budget Bronco Video. He goes over exactly what he used and how to do it. I can look up my online order and post the items I purchased.

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I watched a Budget Bronco Video. He goes over exactly what he used and how to do it. I can look up my online order and post the items I purchased.
Oh okay, I'm sure I can find that. Thank you!!

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

#TtotheZ

Rust-Oleum Clean Metal Primer
Duplicolor PS100 Prep Spray - 11 oz aerosol can
Rust-Oleum protective Enamal Spray Paint Stops Rust, Corrosion Resistant, 12 oz (gloss black)
Duplicolor BCL0125 Perfect MAtch Automotive Paint, Clear Top Coat, 8 oz

I started to look up the items by searching them and it was a hassle. I found them all on Ebay. Received them in a few days.

lancobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 IH Scout II, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have an estimated delivery date of 2/13. That is a Sunday what are your thoughts about this? Could they possible delivery it a day the dealer isn’t open?
Thank you
Yes, they do this. It sucks because if there's any damage, the dealership has to file a report without a driver's signature.

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
#TtotheZ

Rust-Oleum Clean Metal Primer
Duplicolor PS100 Prep Spray - 11 oz aerosol can
Rust-Oleum protective Enamal Spray Paint Stops Rust, Corrosion Resistant, 12 oz (gloss black)
Duplicolor BCL0125 Perfect MAtch Automotive Paint, Clear Top Coat, 8 oz

I started to look up the items by searching them and it was a hassle. I found them all on Ebay. Received them in a few days.
Thank you so much!
Sponsored