First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thankfully I am perfectly ok with my 2018 Edge. I don't need new tires or anything at this point and intended to trade her in on my OBX. I must admit , however, when I am walking my dog along the road and shiny new vehicles drive by, that I must try not to cry. Ford, if you are reading this, I am a 75 yo grandmother who has supply taught all through the pandemic to help out, has had Covid once from exposure at a school, and is hoping to get my Bronco before I die of some random disease. Please Ford... send me my Bronco.
Sponsored

Opticnerve19

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti qx60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got off phone w bronco customer service. I’m on chip hold but in transit ?? Still in Michigan. Eta May 14-20 def not happening. Per ford my ford was built and completed/shipped on April 19th but also put on hold.

Kiowa

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
suburban, clk convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On hold with customer service now. She was surprised that my EDD was moved back to April and she was "looking into this." Although I don't normally slow down and rubber neck a wreck, I must admit I am doing that just now by holding. I can only guess at the "surprise" of the marketing department that it could happen!

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im pretty much at this point. The fact there has been no direct communication from Ford and everything we know has been discerned from higher level statements by Ford executives, pulled from articles or discovered by our own members (example- videos from MAP), I have no confidence the backlog can be cleared quickly or with any sort of organization except higher revenue vehicles will be prioritized. I also doubt older orders with price protection or agreed to be sold at earlier MSRP will be put at the front of the line. They let those sit and perhaps they can depreciate it to where the price is easier to swallow (where are my GAAP experts?).

I understand the original accounting decision to keep building but 53K of “on wheels inventory” sitting there astounds me and appears to be a huge liability. But then again, Im not in automobile production management.

Good luck to all. Ill probably hang on until mid-July.
Ford doesn’t care about MSRP. They get the same amount. It’s depends all on the dealer integrity. So that will vary but nothing to do with Ford. I think dealers have in general a closer relationship with the customer and aren’t as likely to take advantage of the early reservations by changing

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford doesn’t care about MSRP. They get the same amount. It’s depends all on the dealer integrity. So that will vary but nothing to do with Ford. I think dealers have in general a closer relationship with the customer and aren’t as likely to take advantage of the early reservations by changing
Perhaps Im thinking too much on this. My general thought was that newer production, in general, would equal more profit for Ford because there are likely less price guaruntees on those cars or more were built assuming 2022 prices.

Sponsored

JennaLynn02

Outer Banks
First Name
Jenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
hey do y’all know the process for ordering a ‘23? is there a reservation list? first come first serve when order banks open? seriously thinking about ordering a ‘23 & selling my ‘22 when/if i even get it.

Bodhi

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife's Outback or my in-laws Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im pretty much at this point. The fact there has been no direct communication from Ford and everything we know has been discerned from higher level statements by Ford executives, pulled from articles or discovered by our own members (example- videos from MAP), I have no confidence the backlog can be cleared quickly or with any sort of organization except higher revenue vehicles will be prioritized. I also doubt older orders with price protection or agreed to be sold at earlier MSRP will be put at the front of the line. They let those sit and perhaps they can depreciate it to where the price is easier to swallow (where are my GAAP experts?).

I understand the original accounting decision to keep building but 53K of “on wheels inventory” sitting there astounds me and appears to be a huge liability. But then again, Im not in automobile production management.

They wouldn’t depreciate the asset because it hasn’t been put into service (it’s either in inventory or WIP) but the vehicle would not be a fixed asset. I guess if they sit for a long time they could sell them scratch and dent of damaged, but they also have the capacity to make whatever repairs necessary so I don’t see that happening.

Also good job to the twitter crowd responding to all the tweets. Keep it up.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
hey do y’all know the process for ordering a ‘23? is there a reservation list? first come first serve when order banks open? seriously thinking about ordering a ‘23 & selling my ‘22 when/if i even get it.
i believe it's when order banks open and i don't think they are opening any time soon from what i heard

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i believe it's when order banks open and i don't think they are opening any time soon from what i heard
That is correct. The last mention indicated that it would be sometime in Q4 of this year.

Sponsored

Mborkow31

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL / Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m sure this has been discussed many times. I was in the phone w bronco customer service and I’m good for $825 price protection. I thought it was more ??
I only got $250. I still don’t know how they determine the figure.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I only got $250. I still don’t know how they determine the figure.
Page one, post one. OCD checklist. There are a couple of links to show you what dollar amount you are entitled to. It is based on what you had ordered as of March 19, 2021.

Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group 1652413175335

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Page one, post one. OCD checklist. There are a couple of links to show you what dollar amount you are entitled to. It is based on what you had ordered as of March 19, 2021.

Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group 1652413175335
Interesting I ordered a base and they told me my price protection is only for 400.00. Guess I will be calling customer service tomorrow.

CVOVERIS

Wildtrak
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We got our Ice Mountian Wildtrack yesterday. Man, I love this thing. Here is my wife representing Ice Mountian!! Hang in there; it's worth the wait. Jim Click Ford in Tucson, AZ did an amazing job. No messing with prices, kept me informed, and was very transparent.
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group 1652418265028
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group IMG_5757
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group IMG_5758
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group IMG_5759

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I’ll hang on until I find something available. My buddy just showed up with an Audi SQ5 sportback that looks great. If my dealer had one, I’d jump on it and forget the Bronco.
Sponsored