Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is anyone here planning to do a ceramic coating....I really know nothing about it...but it's supposed to help with washing the vehicle? And you don't need to wax really?
We are. Our dealer says no mark up but every car sold must buy the ceramic coating for $2,000. We were getting it anyways.
Sponsored

cybercoaster

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am kinda thinking some of ours fell off the assembly line and rolled under a bench to be lost ;) At least I have a window sticker now and check the module page and it has a lot of stuff listed on that. ETA is still 02/02/2022 but no faith in that being updated since they cant even update the Built section. I have a list of stuff to order for it but not going to unless I see it on a train or something!
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/3/22 Build Week Group production

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor - 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We are. Our dealer says no mark up but every car sold must buy the ceramic coating for $2,000. We were getting it anyways.
I think it is a great idea to have the Ceramic Coating or PPF but the dealer mandating it rubs me wrong. I am not saying not to do it, but I just hate being told what to do.. that is on me.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ugh right? I went in with a check and having pre-sent all the paperwork and come in the night before to negotiate trade (which was mildly insulting) and they still took almost 2 hours. Like here’s your money give me my car.
Yup.. they want to try and upsell you on services and support and widgets.
I get it, that is how they make their profit.
I am just not the customer who needs all that attention.
I have emailed them my List of Demands and maybe that is why I am on ignore.

WayneS

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here is a timeline of my build.
  • 8/3/2020 - Reserved an Outer Banks Bronco 4dr
  • 1/20/2021 - Went to my Ford dealer and built a Wildtrack 4dr instead of an Outer Banks and confirmed the order. I received the email confirmation of the Wildtrack order before I even left the dealership.
  • 2/7/2021 - I saw on my Ford account that my original Outerbanks reservation from 8/3/2020 was cancelled on 2/3/2021 (dealer does not know why) and I had a 2nd order for the Wildtrack with a new reservation/order number.
  • 2/8/2021 - I contacted my dealer about this chaos and his rep told him they were going to manually change the timestamp on my new order number to 8/3/2020. The dealer was told to cancel my 1/20/2021 Wildtrack order and submit a new order and I had to pay another $100 deposit, then the original 8/3/2020 reservation deposit would be refunded, which it has been.
  • 8/30/2021 - My Ford account shows an 8/14/2021 Wildtrack order and my dealer says the timestamp should be 8/3/2020 on this new order. I asked him to get me a screenshot to verify the 8/3/2020 timestamp is on the new order number and he said he would need to contact the Ford rep. No luck, they cannot produce anything that verifies the original reservation timestamp.
  • 10/19/21 - My dealer called and said I should change to a soft top to get my order built so we went ahead and did that, figured I would just get a hardtop later (I did not know getting a hardtop from Ford would cost me $7800 at the time, WTF) Then he changed my priority code to the highest it can be and also set his system to show I was the only Bronco order for his store. It is a small midwest dealership.
  • 10/28/21 - Scheduled to be built the week of December 20, 2021
  • 12/11/21 - Vehicle is now re-scheduled to be built the week of January 3, 2022
  • 1/6/22 - Bronco shows it is "in production" on the order tracking page. Missed the opportunity to see the window sticker.
  • 1/8/22 - Still "in production"
  • 1/10/22 - Tracker still says in production 1/6/2022 with an estimated delivery of 1/22/2022. My salesman says his system shows it has been produced and delivery is 1/16-1/22. BCE modules list is super long with tear tag NDZ2. Palsapp has a freight bill # and status is pending. Window sticker is not available. SYNC system (null) is up to date.
  • 1/11/22 - No change in any status tracker.
  • 1/16/22 - No change in any status tracker. :(
  • 1/18/22 - Window sticker link started working and was able to get blend date etc.
  • 1/22/22 - Estimated delivery 1/22/2022, No change in any status tracker. PURGATORY......
Last 1/2 sounds exactly like ours. Delivery date is today. I havent checked trackers yet, too early to be pissed. Yesterday one was delivered to Belvidere and one to Madison, Wi. Both along I-90. Smack dab in the middle of those 2 locations, along I-90 is our dealership. No bronco for us yet. And my dealer, who i have known for over 30 years, has no info. Cannot find anything out either. Ugggghhhhh

Sponsored

WayneS

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think it is a great idea to have the Ceramic Coating or PPF but the dealer mandating it rubs me wrong. I am not saying not to do it, but I just hate being told what to do.. that is on me.
I agree. Dont tell me I have to buy it. I have never had the coating put on. I just hope they do a great job on it.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last 1/2 sounds exactly like ours. Delivery date is today. I havent checked trackers yet, too early to be pissed. Yesterday one was delivered to Belvidere and one to Madison, Wi. Both along I-90. Smack dab in the middle of those 2 locations, along I-90 is our dealership. No bronco for us yet. And my dealer, who i have known for over 30 years, has no info. Cannot find anything out either. Ugggghhhhh
I think we are in an era of the dealership sales model being outdated. People expect and deserve better now. All I really need is a place to view my options if I want to see it, and a method of making the purchase. There is a need for "car lots" but there is even a greater need for change.

Badlands2015

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Laurie,
Thanks for the information. I would feel a bit better if United would show anything for my VIN. I assume they use a different service in my market. Patience isn't one of the virtues I have an abundance in. I have been using CSX for my updates, but it is actually on a BNSF Rail, but I don't see any tracking information from them.

Of course the dealer just says, don't worry, it will be here when it is here and we will call you and work out a pickup schedule.

That may or may not trigger me :)
Your dealership may use their own person like mine does. They share a local guy with the other dealerships in town and he makes two trips a day and grabs anything available for those dealerships and drops them in a shared back lot. He has his own truck/trailer and unfortunately there is no way to track him 😔

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your dealership may use their own person like mine does. They share a local guy with the other dealerships in town and he makes two trips a day and grabs anything available for those dealerships and drops them in a shared back lot. He has his own truck/trailer and unfortunately there is no way to track him 😔
that is very possible.

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’d tell them no just on the “required” basis. Mine tried to sell me a $1700 clear coat, tint, door guards, and screen protector package.

I declined. 🙄

Sponsored

cybercoaster

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally agree on that! And not all ceramic coatings are equal. Being a dealership its prob not a quality or long lasting one and charging premium. I would ask what brand of coating it is, the level of it, and what is the warranty on it.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice….well looks like I’m driving to Boone for ceramic coating! 😂
Right. @Tank Can you do mine too? Lol. I love doing things myself when it comes to cars, and have been trying to learn how by watching videos and deciding if It’s worth paying to have it done or learning myself.

Or if we buy our own product can we have a ceramic coating party and you can teach us? LOL

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right. @Tank Can you do mine too? Lol. I love doing things myself when it comes to cars, and have been trying to learn how by watching videos and deciding if It’s worth paying to have it done or learning myself.

Or if we buy our own product can we have a ceramic coating party and you can teach us? LOL

Yea, I vote for Boone workshop.....Jazer....that's a long drive for you.....for me, it's just up the hill from my dad, and I'm through Boone eleventy-billion time a year hunting.

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
well this is worse than a markup. It’s extortion.I find it repulsive. Dealers really suck

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh man that‘s shitty. I mean it’s better than a 2k ADM and no purpose behind it, but still that should be optional….

Mine charges a 299 or 399$ Ford surface pro protect warranty which includes interior/exterior coating or something, additional PPF in a few high wear areas and a 3 year warranty on surfaces or something. It’s standard on their new vehicles but that was an easy expense to swallow On top of MSRP. Nothing else besides typical taxes/doc fees etc. I was willing to pay this to ensure not outlandish fees and work with what has otherwise seemed like a good honest smaller town dealer.
Sponsored