Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roller skates ๐Ÿ›ผ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• Ford Pass Rewards Points & $$:
  • 42,000 points (~$210) - standard amount of points for buying a new gasoline-powered Ford vehicle
  • 20,000 points (~$100) - Bonus points for reserving a Bronco before December 2020
  • 200,000 points (~$1000) - For those who ordered a First Edition OR specifically ordered the shadow-black painted hard top option or the dual-top option. This was originally an option available on the upper-trim Broncos, but they canceled that option in March due to the part shortages
  • The 11,000 points is a promotion if you used your FordPass Visa credit card for a purchase
  • Customer Satisfaction Funds: up to a $1,000. Have your dealer go to the FDAD CLAIM PAGE on the Dealers Bronco Dashboard, if they don't know about it. They can go into the Bronco Readiness dashboard. All the information about this program including their limit is in there. It doesn't cost the dealership anything to do this. Ford reimburses them.
Memo to Dealers:https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...n-will-help-dealers-manage-order-waits.22965/
Cat,
Iโ€™m just now seeing you with your Bronco in your profile picture. Looks gorgeous! ๐Ÿ˜
Sponsored

• Love
Reactions: Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cat,
Iโ€™m just now seeing you with your Bronco in your profile picture. Looks gorgeous! ๐Ÿ˜
Thank you, Dani!!!

Ive been working on it alot.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Roof mounted Light Bar = check!

Today's 9 hour task was the roof mounted light bar. I drilled a hole thru the roof to access the circuit wires behind the A Pillar. Holy cow...took a cobalt drill bit, three different drill motors, and over an hr to drill a 5/16th hole thru the steel. Finally got it done, tho. M&R roof mounted light bar to match the pocket fogs.

Special shout-out to @Tarheel_Wes for his reassurance and videos on how to get to the wire behind the RH Visor!!

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group 20220319_191226

20220319_191234.jpg

Last edited:

LadyBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roller skates ๐Ÿ›ผ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you, Dani!!!

Ive been working on it alot.
Whoa! Yeah you have! Looks amazing ๐Ÿ˜ป All the options with mods.. Its a slippery slope

• Love

denimird

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Base
Roof mounted Light Bar = check!

Today's 9 hour task was the roof mounted light bar. I drilled a hole thru the roof to access the circuit wires behind the A Pillar. Holy cow...took a cobalt drill bit, three different drill motors, and over an hr to drill a 5/16th hole thru the steel. Finally got it done, tho. M&R roof mounted light bar to match the pocket fogs.

Special shout-out to @Tarheel_Wes for his reassurance and videos on how to get to the wire behind the RH Visor!!

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group 20220319_191234

Looks incredible!

Sponsored

denimird

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Base
got this email today. would be discouraging if I hadn't taken delivery a month ago...
I received the same email. I was confused because I have a base still on order but received my Badlands. The email said my Badlands was delayed. Now I feel better that it must have been a glitch about the Bronco I've already received, not the one I am waiting on.

Broski5738

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I received the same email. I was confused because I have a base still on order but received my Badlands. The email said my Badlands was delayed. Now I feel better that it must have been a glitch about the Bronco I've already received, not the one I am waiting on.
I didn't see the thread on this until after I made my post, but it looks like tons of people got the email, regardless of status. just another case of Ford gonna Ford

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone tried installing the IAG bars for the soft top? I just tried installing it and neither side bracket fits. The holes are just barely off. But enough that I almost stripped the holes where the screws go into the soft top support ๐Ÿ˜ฃ thankfully I got the oem bolt back in. But I am returning this product.
Are you sure you have the brackets the right way. Re-watch the video. Itโ€™s real easy to turn them around. I thought I had it right at first cause the lil nubs were both facing in but I had them upside-down cause I think it says there, that the notches in the side of the bracket has to be facing up and I had misunderstood that part. There should be no issues with fitment. I had a little bit of a difficult time getting the screw to thread In on the first side but it went in after a minute and took a lil better angle.

Haven't been on here in a while. Its nice to see everyone's Broncos (especially those getting them that had waited so long!) and everyone's Mods. @Cat I had been looking for a shorter nudge bar, just ordered the one you have. I love it! I put my IAG EZ lift struts on yesterday and finally put the top all the way back. My husband and sons were like "Wow, we didn't know it did that!" ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ Love this thing! I put the Rock Slider Steps on last week and it has helped so much with the spray down the side of the doors, plus they make maneuvering the top back and forth much easier for vertically challenged people. We're currently working on getting the MandR foglights wired up.
20220318_182820.jpg
20220318_173439.jpg
MAKE SURE you check the space between the IAG shock & your roll bar when the top is in this furthest down position. There are numerous instances of it rubbing and IAG is looking into what might be causing it and possibly offer a fix. Maybe just ppf or something, but it seems once it gets put back the gap closes and is rubbing paint away. I will be putting a felt bumper on mine once i put it all the way down.

Last edited:

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Question for those that have the hood Deflector on....
Did you use the double side tape that came on it or did you retape it? I put mine on and it made a whistling noise so I took it right back off. There were some gaps in the tape so I'm wondering if that might be the source. Also, should it go all the way to the edge of the hood or should I be able to see some paint below it?
Directions say to leave space around all edges. Yes, I used the 3m tape, used rubbing alcohol and the adhesive promoter wipes in the package. No whistling noises from mine.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MAKE SURE you check the space between the IAG shock & your roll bar when the top is in this furthest down position. There are numerous instances of it rubbing and IAG is looking into what might be causing it and possibly offer a fix. Maybe just PPF or something, but it seems once it gets put back the gap closes and is rubbing paint away.
My struts have been sitting on my spare desk for over a week now and I'm starting to feel a bit reluctant to put them on. IAG was nice enough to include some PPF and a squeegee which is partially why I haven't taken the time to just throw them on there without also taking the time to install the PPF.

I haven't put the top all the way back yet or even removed the slide-out windows and I mainly wanted a better solution to the prop rod when lifting the rear section for better access to the cargo area. Going to keep an eye on what they find (if anything), thanks for the tip @Jazer.

Schmohawk

Badlands
First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great to see others modding their Broncos! A few updates to mine over the past week:

Installed the Baja Designs Fog Pocket light kit. Then had a local shop install PPF, ceramic coating, and tint. I also had them install the Bronco script badges and the Stickerfab classic logo hood overlay because I would have used many words that are not printable here if I had tried to install these myself.
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group PXL_20220319_015021959

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group PXL_20220319_005631019

Then late on Friday night I wrestled with the JCR Offroad Pre-runner hoop for about 1.5 hours because the holes didn't exactly line up with the mod bumper holes, but finally was able to get it installed. My wife was happier than I was as it now takes up space on the front of the Bronco instead of in a large box against the garage wall where it had been sitting for the past 3+ months.
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group PXL_20220319_062916176

Yesterday morning I met up with a local Bronco group and went to a trail for a few hours.
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group PXL_20220319_160129525

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group PXL_20220319_171551597

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group PXL_20220319_195720811

Another Bronco (not mine) showing off.
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group PXL_20220319_182824364

The aftermath:
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group PXL_20220319_210844773

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My struts have been sitting on my spare desk for over a week now and I'm starting to feel a bit reluctant to put them on. IAG was nice enough to include some PPF and a squeegee which is partially why I haven't taken the time to just throw them on there without also taking the time to install the PPF.

I haven't put the top all the way back yet or even removed the slide-out windows and I mainly wanted a better solution to the prop rod when lifting the rear section for better access to the cargo area. Going to keep an eye on what they find (if anything), thanks for the tip @Jazer.
Unfortunately the roll bar PPF does not reach far enough down, where it rubs while the top is all the way down. I plan to put some felt (sticky furniture bottom felt) on the roll bar in that location once I put it down and check clearances.

Schmohawk

Badlands
First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few updates regarding the IAG soft top EZ lift assist that I wanted to share after taking the Bronco offroad yesterday.

The soft top or soft top assembly is noisier now than before I installed the EZ lift and makes a loud squeaking noise - this only happens when driving on a bumpy, rough road, not normal highway driving. I was not able to re-create the noise when manually pushing/ pulling on the IAG struts or the metal soft top conponents, so it might be there is less flex in the soft top mechanism with the struts installed, so there is additional vibration or rubbing from the soft top itself.

It is noisy enough that I did not notice that the rear of the soft top became unlatched and the EZ lift worked as it should and lifted the rear part of the soft top. The person driving behind me said I was driving with the back up for about 15 minutes. I know it was latched correctly because prior to that section I was showing others how the EZ lift assist worked and I pulled down on the back to make sure it latched correctly. This isn't an issue with the EZ lift, more of an issue with the latching mechanism on the soft top. I remember looking in the rear view mirror and thinking "wow, I was expecting the rear window to be way dustier than it is". It was because the rear had been lifted and I was looking under the soft top. ๐Ÿคฃ

Also, another Bronco owner who had the EZ lift installed and drove the with the top all the way back noticed that the EZ lift struts rubbed against the roll bar and scraped the paint off similar to the OP's issue in this thread here. He did have the straps wrapped around the soft top, but it still moves with the straps and therefore rubbed against the D pillar. The area that is scraped is under the area that the IAG roll bar PPF covers, so I am planning on adding a piece of PPF to the bottom of the D pillar. Again, this happened after driving on rough roads for a few hours so may not be an issue under normal driving conditions.

I am not trying to bash the company if it seems that way, just wanted you all to know my observations since some of you have purchased this product. I am going to leave my lift assists connected and just take precautions to avoid potential scrapes. I will also check more carefully if the latching mechanism on my soft top is loose or can be adjusted to prevent it from opening automatically.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A few updates regarding the IAG soft top EZ lift assist that I wanted to share after taking the Bronco offroad yesterday.

The soft top or soft top assembly is noisier now than before I installed the EZ lift and makes a loud squeaking noise - this only happens when driving on a bumpy, rough road, not normal highway driving. I was not able to re-create the noise when manually pushing/ pulling on the IAG struts or the metal soft top conponents, so it might be there is less flex in the soft top mechanism with the struts installed, so there is additional vibration or rubbing from the soft top itself.

It is noisy enough that I did not notice that the rear of the soft top became unlatched and the EZ lift worked as it should and lifted the rear part of the soft top. The person driving behind me said I was driving with the back up for about 15 minutes. I know it was latched correctly because prior to that section I was showing others how the EZ lift assist worked and I pulled down on the back to make sure it latched correctly. This isn't an issue with the EZ lift, more of an issue with the latching mechanism on the soft top. I remember looking in the rear view mirror and thinking "wow, I was expecting the rear window to be way dustier than it is". It was because the rear had been lifted and I was looking under the soft top. ๐Ÿคฃ

Also, another Bronco owner who had the EZ lift installed and drove the with the top all the way back noticed that the EZ lift struts rubbed against the roll bar and scraped the paint off similar to the OP's issue in this thread here. He did have the straps wrapped around the soft top, but it still moves with the straps and therefore rubbed against the D pillar. The area that is scraped is under the area that the IAG roll bar PPF covers, so I am planning on adding a piece of PPF to the bottom of the D pillar. Again, this happened after driving on rough roads for a few hours so may not be an issue under normal driving conditions.

I am not trying to bash the company if it seems that way, just wanted you all to know my observations since some of you have purchased this product. I am going to leave my lift assists connected and just take precautions to avoid potential scrapes. I will also check more carefully if the latching mechanism on my soft top is loose or can be adjusted to prevent it from opening automatically.
Iโ€™ve not had any issues with the function of my top since install. No more noise, no accidental openings, etc. My only concern to this point has been the crinkling of the windows with it lifting slightly higher. I will be checking clearances and adding felt bumper once I put it all the way down though.
Sponsored