Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah my friends were out there I think in April before it got hot. I couldn't go with them because I had other plans that weekend already. November we are supposed to go to Area 51 and (jokingly) look for UFOs haha
If you get abducted, can I have your Bronco?

I am actually headed up to NorCal this morning to visit friends but not bringing the Bronco. Not because of gas prices... more drivers in San Jose can't drive (based on my last trip)
Ha! It's those Prius drivers--no offense to anyone here. We have it in for them, driving 45 in the fast lane and clueless about everything around them. Too much wheat grass juice on the brain. And while most Tesla drivers are pretty hip, a lot of them are just wealthier Prius types.
Sponsored

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you get abducted, can I have your Bronco?

Ha! It's those Prius drivers--no offense to anyone here. We have it in for them, driving 45 in the fast lane and clueless about everything around them. Too much wheat grass juice on the brain. And while most Tesla drivers are pretty hip, a lot of them are just wealthier Prius types.
I'm pretty sure the bronco would get abducted and not me.

the tesla drivers down here are half paying attention to the road because they think the assistive driving feature means they can just play on their phones. I told my friend i'll bring my 1/24 scale RC car (bronco) instead haha.

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

TheRealRacingX

Big Bend
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey Everyone! Hope everyone is enjoying their first summer with their Broncos! I just wanted to hear any of your thoughts on this. Its been roughly 6 months since alot of us received our Broncos...... as a preface, I babied mine.... didnt go over 50mph for at least 1200 miles, didnt go over 3K RPM, aka no drag racing, etc etc. I drove a Mitsubishi Evolution prior to this truck, its a pretty quick off the line car and you can hear the turbo whine when you put your foot into her, so I was used to the fast launches and speed. Early on with my Bronco I tried the Sport mode and didnt really get a feeling of pep or liveliness with the acceleration, I know I am comparing apples to oranges as a Japanese tuner and an American SUV are two totally different animals, but with a bigger V6 and twin turbos I felt I should have some spunk under the hood. I seen videos where people complained the acceleration is unresponsive, and you have to mod it etc etc....so..... I recently took it for its first oil change, I still dont have even 5K miles on her yet. Something happened after that, I decided to try the sport mode again.....OMG, its like throw your head back into the seat takeoff, fast , zippy, aggressive.... I also noticed that the stop/start button that I had to manually engage , automatically shuts off now, didnt do that before....was there some kind of update that happened wirelessly?? Am I crazy or did it just need a break in period??? Whatever happened , this truck is a monster all of a sudden.....and an all new love has bloomed , on top of the original love..... Hope all us first batch 22'ers are having a good summer!! Maybe another zoom meetup is on everyones minds! ..... PS , pretty much all of the Bronco owners I see on the road we all wave and honk as we drive by!!! Very Cool to be a part of!

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Everyone! Hope everyone is enjoying their first summer with their Broncos! I just wanted to hear any of your thoughts on this. Its been roughly 6 months since alot of us received our Broncos...... as a preface, I babied mine.... didnt go over 50mph for at least 1200 miles, didnt go over 3K RPM, aka no drag racing, etc etc. I drove a Mitsubishi Evolution prior to this truck, its a pretty quick off the line car and you can hear the turbo whine when you put your foot into her, so I was used to the fast launches and speed. Early on with my Bronco I tried the Sport mode and didnt really get a feeling of pep or liveliness with the acceleration, I know I am comparing apples to oranges as a Japanese tuner and an American SUV are two totally different animals, but with a bigger V6 and twin turbos I felt I should have some spunk under the hood. I seen videos where people complained the acceleration is unresponsive, and you have to mod it etc etc....so..... I recently took it for its first oil change, I still dont have even 5K miles on her yet. Something happened after that, I decided to try the sport mode again.....OMG, its like throw your head back into the seat takeoff, fast , zippy, aggressive.... I also noticed that the stop/start button that I had to manually engage , automatically shuts off now, didnt do that before....was there some kind of update that happened wirelessly?? Am I crazy or did it just need a break in period??? Whatever happened , this truck is a monster all of a sudden.....and an all new love has bloomed , on top of the original love..... Hope all us first batch 22'ers are having a good summer!! Maybe another zoom meetup is on everyones minds! ..... PS , pretty much all of the Bronco owners I see on the road we all wave and honk as we drive by!!! Very Cool to be a part of!
I didn't get Sport Mode because badlands, but I know I was getting 16.5 MPG until 4800 miles and at 5000, I am suddenly averaging 21. Which is freaking wild.

So yeah, maybe there's something to that break in period

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

[...] I was getting 16.5 MPG until 4800 miles and at 5000, I am suddenly averaging 21. Which is freaking wild.

So yeah, maybe there's something to that break in period
Another possibility is the summer weather. Many fuel brands have different mixtures for summer vs. winter.

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another possibility is the summer weather. Many fuel brands have different mixtures for summer vs. winter.
Maybe. I only fill up at 2 places, and it's been 90+ in Virginia for two months now. But I am taking the savings.

All the way up the mountain.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm at 5500 miles but mileage still floats around 16.5 in southern california. In Utah because of the higher elevation i was getting 19-20mpg. :)

hope all of you have been well. I'm still waiting on my SVC sliders which should be soon... itching to hit the trail again but it's been hot so haven't been motivated on the weekend haha.

@RideEmCowboy your Film Festival + DV trip is just around the corner. excited?

Sponsored

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@RideEmCowboy your Film Festival + DV trip is just around the corner. excited?
Super excited! Thanks for remembering. This year's Western Film Festival insider look is on horse stunts! Should be great, especially as they don't use trip wires any more. Last time we got to ride horses on Movie Road in the Alabama [no politically correct new name yet] Hills.

Did you hear about the flash floods in Death Valley?! They hit our favorite haunts. Not sure the Bronco could have done much better than this car below.

Steamboat gets his mudflaps on Thursday! I'm kind of excited, as I did a lot of research and online shopping and wrangling w/ Ford service--not my original dealer, who's great, but too far away for small things.

Death Valley, 8/1/22
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/3/22 Build Week Group car in mud

Tank

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, 18 4runner, couple of old Datsuns
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put sport on my badlands and its squirrelly! Totally changes the driving characteristics for the better in the mountains for sure. Tip in (meaning lean on the gas a little) boost is increased by 3-4 psi and the throttle mapping is much much better. I use it all the time. And should add I don’t baby it, I lean on it hard.

@knownhuman It’s interesting you say that, I’m at 4800 miles and get about 16.9-17.1. So I’m anxious to see if anything changes In the next few hundred miles.

Has everyone else received their windshield replacement letter?

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put sport on my badlands and its squirrelly! Totally changes the driving characteristics for the better in the mountains for sure. Tip in (meaning lean on the gas a little) boost is increased by 3-4 psi and the throttle mapping is much much better. I use it all the time. And should add I don’t baby it, I lean on it hard.

@knownhuman It’s interesting you say that, I’m at 4800 miles and get about 16.9-17.1. So I’m anxious to see if anything changes In the next few hundred miles.

Getting mine checked out tomorrow. From what I was told, they’re just replacing the gasket. Will report back tomorrow evening.

For the east coasters, I am organizing a trail ride up Union Springs to Flagpole Knob on Saturday the 20th.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i already had mine done. it's not a replacement. the adhesive they used is the same crappy one that they recalled the 2021 f150s for (along with the mach-e). if you were to rear end someone... the glass has the potential to just pop off. so they just remove the glass... clean off the adhesive and reinstall the glass and recalibrate. the child lock thing... all they can do is check if its faulty but they dont have parts to actually fix it. My dealership had to schedule a glass installer to be there at the dealership so you will need to make sure when you make an appointment, the glass guy is scheduled to be there too. When I had mine done, the guy fixed mine and 2 other broncos on the lot.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super excited! Thanks for remembering. This year's Western Film Festival insider look is on horse stunts! Should be great, especially as they don't use trip wires any more. Last time we got to ride horses on Movie Road in the Alabama [no politically correct new name yet] Hills.

Did you hear about the flash floods in Death Valley?! They hit our favorite haunts. Not sure the Bronco could have done much better than this car below.

Steamboat gets his mudflaps on Thursday! I'm kind of excited, as I did a lot of research and online shopping and wrangling w/ Ford service--not my original dealer, who's great, but too far away for small things.

Death Valley, 8/1/22
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/3/22 Build Week Group car in mud
camping in alabama hills is fun too ... was more fun pre-covid though since it was never crowded. Now everyone knows of that place.
Sponsored