Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I put sport on my badlands and its squirrelly! Totally changes the driving characteristics for the better in the mountains for sure. Tip in (meaning lean on the gas a little) boost is increased by 3-4 psi and the throttle mapping is much much better. I use it all the time. And should add I don’t baby it, I lean on it hard.
Hmmm. I thought Sport mode, which I have on Base Camp, was more about making Steamboat steer like my Mustang. :) Do the modes affect the axles/differential /steering or just the engine ?

Has everyone else received their windshield replacement letter?
Several of us have rec'd that letter and there are a few threads on the Forum for this topic. I have personally decided not to do it as, my summary of the other threads and some online research is:
  • There haven't been reports of windshields actually coming out--it's all theoretical based on Ford's random sampling of the windshield adhesives and some % (less than 50) of windshields found w/ substandard glue
  • If they do come out, it would be during a high impact accident, not going over a speed bump at the shopping center
  • We don't know who will be replacing the adhesive--there's no guarantee it will be better than what's on there now
  • Most Ford service dealers outsource the job. A lot of windshields have been broken during removal and often the shop didn't have a spare on hand
  • It might make sense if you hear whistling or experience water leakage, but be prepared to wait a long time for an appt, many days for install, and probably no loaner for more than a day
Sponsored

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hit both my recalls (windshield and child locks) yesterday.

My truck passed child locks, so no work done there.

Windshield had to wait for a glass guy who visits my dealer every other Tuesday. He pulled the glass and replaced the adhesive/gasket. Then just had to wait for stuff to dry.

My appointment was at 10:15 and my truck was ready by 2:15.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hit both my recalls (windshield and child locks) yesterday.

My truck passed child locks, so no work done there.

Windshield had to wait for a glass guy who visits my dealer every other Tuesday. He pulled the glass and replaced the adhesive/gasket. Then just had to wait for stuff to dry.

My appointment was at 10:15 and my truck was ready by 2:15.
Yeah it was pretty quick for me too. I picked it up the following day though since I had things I needed to take care of the day I dropped it off. But like you… it was ready in about 4 hours

TowBoater

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah it was pretty quick for me too. I picked it up the following day though since I had things I needed to take care of the day I dropped it off. But like you… it was ready in about 4 hours
Same for me as well

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hmmm. I thought Sport mode, which I have on Base Camp, was more about making Steamboat steer like my Mustang. :) Do the modes affect the axles/differential /steering or just the engine ?

Several of us have rec'd that letter and there are a few threads on the Forum for this topic. I have personally decided not to do it as, my summary of the other threads and some online research is:
  • There haven't been reports of windshields actually coming out--it's all theoretical based on Ford's random sampling of the windshield adhesives and some % (less than 50) of windshields found w/ substandard glue
  • If they do come out, it would be during a high impact accident, not going over a speed bump at the shopping center
  • We don't know who will be replacing the adhesive--there's no guarantee it will be better than what's on there now
  • Most Ford service dealers outsource the job. A lot of windshields have been broken during removal and often the shop didn't have a spare on hand
  • It might make sense if you hear whistling or experience water leakage, but be prepared to wait a long time for an appt, many days for install, and probably no loaner for more than a day
I will wait until mine is cracked from a rock.

Sponsored

Tank

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, 18 4runner, couple of old Datsuns
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It changes a few things like throttle mapping, boost per rpm, transmission settings, cooling, traction control, and more. The modes will change other settings like 4H, 4A, lockers and such. Baja for example is really similar to sport if I remember correctly (it’s been a while since I used Baja) but puts it in 4H and locks the rear on a badlands.

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It changes a few things like throttle mapping, boost per rpm, transmission settings, cooling, traction control, and more. The modes will change other settings like 4H, 4A, lockers and such. Baja for example is really similar to sport if I remember correctly (it’s been a while since I used Baja) but puts it in 4H and locks the rear on a badlands.
They also change effects on the displays. Baja and Rock Crawl both turn the front camera on and overide the 7mph cutoff.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor - 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just posted this on the main thread for electronics, but I figure I will ask here as well since yall are the smart kids in the group :)

Recently I added 2 devices to connect to the 2 USB Ports in the front of the Center Console.
One is a Dash Cam and the other is a Wireless Charging Stand for my phone.
Everything worked perfect for a couple weeks, but then I noticed there was no power to either USB Port.
I pulled the console top and made sure the power connector was still attached and reseated it, and still nothing.
I checked the fuses under the hood 125/139 iirc that supplies power to the DASH USB and the front center console and they were both good.
The USB on top of the dash near the windshield is working just fine.
The wireless charging pad is working just fine.
All of this was as expected since each have their own fuse.
It is acting like the BCM turned off power to the ports for some reason, but I have no idea how to reset that.

Any advise other than bringing it to the dealer and leaving it there for a month is appreciated.

2022 Wildtrack 4 Door with Lux package.

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just posted this on the main thread for electronics, but I figure I will ask here as well since yall are the smart kids in the group :)

Recently I added 2 devices to connect to the 2 USB Ports in the front of the Center Console.
One is a Dash Cam and the other is a Wireless Charging Stand for my phone.
Everything worked perfect for a couple weeks, but then I noticed there was no power to either USB Port.
I pulled the console top and made sure the power connector was still attached and reseated it, and still nothing.
I checked the fuses under the hood 125/139 iirc that supplies power to the DASH USB and the front center console and they were both good.
The USB on top of the dash near the windshield is working just fine.
The wireless charging pad is working just fine.
All of this was as expected since each have their own fuse.
It is acting like the BCM turned off power to the ports for some reason, but I have no idea how to reset that.

Any advise other than bringing it to the dealer and leaving it there for a month is appreciated.

2022 Wildtrack 4 Door with Lux package.
Are those USB ports for sure power ports or perhaps just data ports? When I bought my USB-connected webcam, the manual advised that some USB ports are data only and don't supply power. I have a music thumb drive plugged into my center console USB and that works fine (tho the seating is a little flaky).

Please let us know what the eventual solution turns out to be and good luck for having it be an easy fix.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are those USB ports for sure power ports or perhaps just data ports? When I bought my USB-connected webcam, the manual advised that some USB ports are data only and don't supply power. I have a music thumb drive plugged into my center console USB and that works fine (tho the seating is a little flaky).

Please let us know what the eventual solution turns out to be and good luck for having it be an easy fix.
yup.. it is power only.. there is a USB input for data that is NOT connected I assume for various configurations, but I dont use it for Data, just charging. It used to work fine, but last week I noticed there was no power.

I will most likely have to schedule a dealer visit.

Thanks.

Sponsored

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Social Media reached out to me on this issue.
We shall see if there is any suggestion other than bring it to the dealership.
If I do use them, she suggest I have them check the 2 active recalls at the same time.
Rear Door Locks and Windshield adhesive.

Ford Bronco 🛠 1/3/22 Build Week Group 1661428531895

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Social Media reached out to me on this issue.
We shall see if there is any suggestion other than bring it to the dealership.
If I do use them, she suggest I have them check the 2 active recalls at the same time.
Rear Door Locks and Windshield adhesive.

Ford Bronco 🛠 1/3/22 Build Week Group 1661428531895
Wow. First time I've seen that happen. You got the magic touch.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow. First time I've seen that happen. You got the magic touch.
Well, so far these are just ones and zeros so we shall see if anything happens :)

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe trying to clean up the PR a bit and look more proactive. 😄

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hate how threads stop notifying you after a period of time...

Hope everyone in here is doing well!

I have not gotten my windshield recall done - I'm afraid they are going to break the glass taking it out and then be without my Bronco for god knows how long waiting on a replacement. They assured me their glass guy is good and it almost never happens but that'd be my luck, lol! I also saw a few people got damage during the process. Glad to know a few of you had good experiences. Mine doesn't leak or have any wind noise so Im tempted to not worry about it yet.
Sponsored