Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh hey what’s up guys.

Had my doors and top off for 2 weeks until Friday when all the rain from Ian reached NC.
Sponsored

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor - 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

6500 miles and finally got my first rock chip on the windshield :D headed to safelite this afternoon to have them fill it. trying to think of any other updates.... got Covid... had virtually no symptoms... worst part of covid was that AC broke when it was about 103 that weak so I was quarantined in a room that i measured at 110 degrees. and replacing the furnace cost me $8500 :D no upgrades for me anytime soon lol
Eeek.. not a fun time for sure. Glad your COVID was relatively minor, other than your AC failure.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice to hear from you! Got the Rokblokz front flaps, really the only option for non-Sas with sidesteps.

Finally, our much dreamed of trip to the desert! Going down to Lone Pine for the Western Film Festival, then out to the Mojave. Was going to be Death Valley, but much of that is closed due to flash floods and waterfall (!) damage. Steamboat is chomping at the bit!
We have yet to take the Bronco on any fun trips. Life keep getting in the way of fun. :)

I did spend the day cleaning 2 of the trucks.. came out nice imho.

309199392_779505779789845_502365144996744264_n.jpg

Reactions: Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey 1/3 Fam!

Nice to read some posts from you!

@Pseudoko glad you battled and won against COVID; you must have been miserable in sweltering heat, tho. Bummer about your windshield.

@RideEmCowboy have a blast on your ride into the desert. Send a few pics.

@Tarheel_Wes we now have a new symbol of the end of summer: putting the Hard Tops on! I put mine on last week.

@Alvin Olson ...of COURSE you cleaned/detailed your trucks! So nice of you to wash Mrs Olson's Bronco, too!

I did just a few more mods this summer. I applied Raptor lining to my fender flares and hardtop -that turned out awesome, and I like the look of it so much better. Added the Raptor lights to the grill, swapped out center and drivers grab bars from blue to orange (still need the passenger side, but have stickerfab inlays for now), and changed out the vent chicklets from blue to orange). Oh, and I installed the ARB Twin air compressor under the hood.

I also got to play in sand dunes, and learned how to "goose launch" the Bronco to win a drag race at the NW Bronco Round-up in Florence, OR. My biggest learning was recovering an early gen Bronco and towing him up and out of the sand dunes...love my WildTrak! Using the on-board air compressor and the Moreflate 4-tire hose set-up was so slick, and made airing up and down fast.

We will be driving down to Sun City, AZ in March for a couple months to snow-bird. I am sure we will find lots of trails to scoot around on!

Well, that's about it from my neck of the woods.

Keep your posts coming!

IMG_5068.jpg
20220819_161715.jpg

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh hey what’s up guys.

Had my doors and top off for 2 weeks until Friday when all the rain from Ian reached NC.
I had my top all the way down most of that time too. Last week was soooooo nice.

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great post @Cat !

On the Raptor liner…

Was your process the same as this poster? I had just saw this post:

https://www.bronco6g.com/line-x-ultra-sprayed-mic-top-fender-flares-door-handles/
No...I ordered the Raptor kit, comes with the spray gun and adhesion promoter. Hooked it up to my compressor set at 50 psi, and sprayed them.

My friend had his flares, bumpers, hard top done in LineX by a shop.

His is kind of "glittery" in sunshine. I think the Raptor is a deeper black.

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh hey what’s up guys.

I took a road trip last week up to western NC, longest trip in the Bronco so far (from SE FL). Top stayed on the entire time...even though the rain wasn't bad where I was staying.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey 1/3 Fam!

Nice to read some posts from you!

@Pseudoko glad you battled and won against COVID; you must have been miserable in sweltering heat, tho. Bummer about your windshield.

@RideEmCowboy have a blast on your ride into the desert. Send a few pics.

@Tarheel_Wes we now have a new symbol of the end of summer: putting the Hard Tops on! I put mine on last week.

@Alvin Olson ...of COURSE you cleaned/detailed your trucks! So nice of you to wash Mrs Olson's Bronco, too!

I did just a few more mods this summer. I applied Raptor lining to my fender flares and hardtop -that turned out awesome, and I like the look of it so much better. Added the Raptor lights to the grill, swapped out center and drivers grab bars from blue to orange (still need the passenger side, but have stickerfab inlays for now), and changed out the vent chicklets from blue to orange). Oh, and I installed the ARB Twin air compressor under the hood.

I also got to play in sand dunes, and learned how to "goose launch" the Bronco to win a drag race at the NW Bronco Round-up in Florence, OR. My biggest learning was recovering an early gen Bronco and towing him up and out of the sand dunes...love my WildTrak! Using the on-board air compressor and the Moreflate 4-tire hose set-up was so slick, and made airing up and down fast.

We will be driving down to Sun City, AZ in March for a couple months to snow-bird. I am sure we will find lots of trails to scoot around on!

Well, that's about it from my neck of the woods.

Keep your posts coming!

Ford Bronco 🛠 1/3/22 Build Week Group 20221003_102801
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/3/22 Build Week Group 20221003_102801

Cat !!!!! what an amazing post.
You are living the Dream for sure. I am super jelly of you and your fun times.
How is the wind noise with the hard top on after the Liner project?

A

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cat !!!!! what an amazing post.
You are living the Dream for sure. I am super jelly of you and your fun times.
How is the wind noise with the hard top on after the Liner project?

A
Good morning, Alvin!!

It's very thick and dense fog here on the island, and the freighters and cruise ships are blowing fog horns (the shipping channel is just outside). No sleep for me!

Road noise is a bit quieter with the Raptor lining applied. The most noise (like a low hum) is from the roof mounted light bar, but even that is not bad at all.

I use the pressure washer on the Raptor lining, no problem, gets real clean. Also, Mother's Back to Black works great on the mud flaps, OEM tube steps and rear plastic bumper.

I applied a couple coats of Chemical Guys Hydro-Slick Ceramic Coating, too. That stuff is amazing. Repels dirt, dust and makkes removal of bird droppings a cinch.
https://www.chemicalguys.com/hydro-slick/Hydro-Slick.html

I've had two oil changes and one tire rotation so far. And, absolutely zero issues after 7,500 miles. The Bronco is definitely a great rig.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good morning, Alvin!!

It's very thick and dense fog here on the island, and the freighters and cruise ships are blowing fog horns (the shipping channel is just outside). No sleep for me!

Road noise is a bit quieter with the Raptor lining applied. The most noise (like a low hum) is from the roof mounted light bar, but even that is not bad at all.

I use the pressure washer on the Raptor lining, no problem, gets real clean. Also, Mother's Back to Black works great on the mud flaps, OEM tube steps and rear plastic bumper.

I applied a couple coats of Chemical Guys Hydro-Slick Ceramic Coating, too. That stuff is amazing. Repels dirt, dust and makkes removal of bird droppings a cinch.
https://www.chemicalguys.com/hydro-slick/Hydro-Slick.html

I've had two oil changes and one tire rotation so far. And, absolutely zero issues after 7,500 miles. The Bronco is definitely a great rig.
Cat, thanks for the feedback.
If and when the boss lady lets me take "her" rig off road, I am going to give some serious consideration of using the Raptor Liner or similar on the fender flares.
Like you, I get wind noise from the light bar but not horrible.
Mostly my issue is with the gaps where the roof panels meet on the 4 door.
A good buddy of mine has a 2 door and doesn't have the same wind noise issues I do, but does have road noise issues.
We spent a lot of time on his rig installing DynoMat inside the entire interior.
That helped a lot, but is a lot of work.

We are still very low milage @ 2,400 currently.

Alvin

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Greetings from the Mojave Desert. Steamboat was made for this, and for climbing a sandhill road back in Lone Pine. A tense few minutes, but he did it in 4WH. Flaps got a workout, too. Now we know why they call 'em Rokbloks.

Ford Bronco 🛠 1/3/22 Build Week Group 55 Bronco Bev Mojave 2

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Greetings from the Mojave Desert. Steamboat was made for this, and for climbing a sandhill road back in Lone Pine. A tense few minutes, but he did it in 4WH. Flaps got a workout, too. Now we know why they call 'em Rokbloks.

glad you’re having fun! I am going with a group out to bronco knoll and Johnson valley in a couple of weeks. Can’t wait 😜

One Deplorable

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and a Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Awesome! Great picture!
I finally got my Bronco in August from Kyle at North Bay Ford. 😉 Good grief that was a long wait. 😌
Still happy for you and all of us that that finally got our Bronco!
Sponsored