PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Next up - Extended Warranties I did a search on this website and didnā€™t find much contact.

For my F-150, the best price was basically dealers choice of Ziegler or FloodFord. Same story for a Bronco?
I'm no expert. But I wouldn't worry about an extended warranty until the factory warranty is up. Price won't be any different. You can purchase it at any time.

But I'm crazy like that. Like to live dangerously. ;) šŸ˜‚

2A_Actuary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 Platinum, Audi R8 Spyder, Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm no expert. But I wouldn't worry about an extended warranty until the factory warranty is up. Price won't be any different. You can purchase it at any time.

But I'm crazy like that. Like to live dangerously. ;) šŸ˜‚
Respectfully - ā€œPrice won't be any different.ā€ Isnā€™t accurate. If the warranty isnā€™t purchased in the first year, then price does indeed increase. Couple of different moving parts there - the insurance company sits on your money longer, so that decreases the price (similar to how a whole life policy is cheaper earlier, then more expensive later); in the 2nd & 3rd years - there is generally a rate up because people that ā€need themā€ tend to buy them at that point. [There is nuance to what I indicated above but simplified for illustrative purposes.]

that aside - I havenā€™t researched the pricing by dealership, but I know that I wonā€™t by it at my dealer.

blee875

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Superduty, 21 RoadGlide, and many moreā€¦
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cheaper in the beginning for sure for extended warranty. Just whether or not they honor it makes is what makes it worth while.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco šŸ›  10/25/21 Build Week Group 8108938E-3C32-4EE2-BC01-793BD25638E3

This a build week 11/01 who has the shipped email. I speak for us all when I say
Ford Bronco šŸ›  10/25/21 Build Week Group BF2BCFDF-64F9-4DF4-B7AC-A20BF9EBDF0D

Sponsored

XxGearheadxX

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Offline time is the worst :(ā€¦.. hopefully first of the week brings good news.

Last edited:

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
According to their spreadsheet (build week 11/01), 11 folks got shipped emails so far

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Respectfully - ā€œPrice won't be any different.ā€ Isnā€™t accurate. If the warranty isnā€™t purchased in the first year, then price does indeed increase. Couple of different moving parts there - the insurance company sits on your money longer, so that decreases the price (similar to how a whole life policy is cheaper earlier, then more expensive later); in the 2nd & 3rd years - there is generally a rate up because people that ā€need themā€ tend to buy them at that point. [There is nuance to what I indicated above but simplified for illustrative purposes.]

that aside - I havenā€™t researched the pricing by dealership, but I know that I wonā€™t by it at my dealer.
Well. Like I said. I'm no expert. And thx for the respectfully preface, things can definitely be taken out of context in writing (and on the internet)! I'm always up for a good discussion.

Personally. And everyone is different. But if you're that concerned, I would take the cost of an extended warranty (idk what they generally go for?) and invest it. With the way the market is these days, it'll be double, likely more in 3 yrs when you *might* need it. By then you should have more than enough to cover whatever the initial cost of the extended warranty was to make whatever repair.

I understand the peace of mind getting one and maybe there's more value in that. But you can definitely manage the money you would've spent on it to your advantage in the long run.

I'm also no financial advisor either! Haha. So take that fwiw.

In the end it's whatever you're most comfortable with regardless of cost. Good luck!

jganna_USMC

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok,
So, my friend is back at work ( he had yesterday offā€¦ how dare he!) and looked into my Bronco:
ā€œYour truck is out of holding, meaning we probably have the parts. So hopefully the repair guys get to it tonightā€

šŸ™šŸ»šŸ™šŸ»

Ford Bronco šŸ›  10/25/21 Build Week Group EC9382A1-15D3-40CB-AA98-DFC229FAB1F1

Sponsored

XxGearheadxX

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok,
So, my friend is back at work ( he had yesterday offā€¦ how dare he!) and looked into my Bronco:
ā€œYour truck is out of holding, meaning we probably have the parts. So hopefully the repair guys get to it tonightā€

šŸ™šŸ»šŸ™šŸ»

EC9382A1-15D3-40CB-AA98-DFC229FAB1F1.jpeg
The AIR DELFECTORā€™s have arrived!!!! Hopefully it means good things for all of us :)

blee875

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
According to their spreadsheet (build week 11/01), 11 folks got shipped emails so far
Iā€™m hoping mine is shipped and just not notified. I had a bronco behind me for miles today down the interstate while I was riding home. I wanted to get next to him and ask some questions. Iā€™m yet to drive one even

blee875

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

This a build week 11/01 who has the shipped email. I speak for us all when I say
Iā€™m a 10/25 blend with a built email on 11/2 and going to the same dealeršŸ¤ž

Bronco_Giddy_Up

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 coupe 3.0 hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well I peek-abooā€™d. the Dealership This Weekend and Nothing NadaašŸ™. A 4 door Bronco winked at me saying , someday buddy you will get urs . Then a town next to mine a first edition 2dr for sale already . I cried internally for 15min
Sponsored