Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did anyone in our group get one of those elusive "Built" emails or tracker status updates today?

Trying to live vicariously through others for the time being.

Sponsored

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Am I the only one left in this build week that has not gotten a built email. And is still stuck “in production”. I got an email from some Ford marketing guy to follow up on my case number. He’s said that he shows it is in production at one of their facilities. No shit. Where else would it be being produced. And it is not one of them, it is MAP. And I am sure it doesn’t take 2 months to produce 1 Bronco. What a useless “case”.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Am I the only one left in this build week that has not gotten a built email. And is still stuck “in production”. I got an email from some Ford marketing guy to follow up on my case number. He’s said that he shows it is in production at one of their facilities. No shit. Where else would it be being produced. And it is not one of them, it is MAP. And I am sure it doesn’t take 2 months to produce 1 Bronco. What a useless “case”.
I got the emails but I’m still curious why it was in production since 11/5 or whatever. Was there an issue that they didn’t tell us about?

hrlymnstr05

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nope... Same here.

I emailed my sales contact at the dealership, who sent me a screenshot of what he saw in his system. There were two statuses listed:
The first was simply labeled Status which was listed as "Produced".
The second status was listed as Primary Status, which appears to be the one that is on the pizza tracker, which still shows "In Production".

This leads me to believe that one of two things (purely speculative) is keeping me from my "Built" status: Either dealer allocation or something was found in the quality check and they currently don't have capacity in the "rework/repair" line to complete my build.

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope... Same here.

I emailed my sales contact at the dealership, who sent me a screenshot of what he saw in his system. There were two statuses listed:
The second status was listed as Primary Status, which appears to be the one that is on the pizza tracker, which still shows "In Production".

This leads me to believe that one of two things (purely speculative) is keeping me from my "Built" status: Either dealer allocation or something was found in the quality check and they currently don't have capacity in the "rework/repair" line to complete my build.
These are what i also heard from my dealer and also my assumptions about what has taken so long in the ”in production” stage. I honestly feel it is more the quality check situation, now these could be random or just from a failed application and then they get sidelined to be reworked or do a check with a fine tooth comb.

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope... Same here.

The rework/repair might be the case. But that is totally unacceptable in my opinion. In any line of work, pushing a problem down the line is not going to fix the problem. It should be addressed ASAP. Or at least let the customer know what the situation is. Hell even lie to me.

I would like to know how many of the ones that are being held up are hard top rigs. Because I think mic 2.0 is having issues too.

Sponsored

hrlymnstr05

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The rework/repair might be the case. But that is totally unacceptable in my opinion. In any line of work, pushing a problem down the line is not going to fix the problem. It should be addressed ASAP. Or at least let the customer know what the situation is. Hell even lie to me.

I would like to know how many of the ones that are being held up are hard top rigs. Because I think mic 2.0 is having issues too.
Welp... mines a MIC.
But I have also seen several MIC tops get released for shipment from other build week groups before and after our week, so I am not convinced that is the cause of our delay, but could be.

I had seen in a different thread that when it does not pass QA, there are only a limited number of people in the plant, (either repair tech or line leads) that are allowed to perform the repair/reinspection. I don't recall the thread, but I believe that comment came from someone who had a friend that worked at MAP.

Agree on the communication point. It would be great to get an update other than, "We are completing the final touches to make your Bronco SUV just the way you ordered it." That was sent almost two weeks ago after having been "Produced" for 6 weeks...
I'm still hopeful that my new ETA of 1/22 to 1/28 will come to fruition, but it sure would be nice to get that "Built" email.

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It might not be the mic top. But was just asking the question to see if any being held up are soft tops. If there are some soft tops being held up then I would agree that they don’t have enough people to work on the ones with QC problems.

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I 1 million % agree with you and i have said that many times in this and other forums. Keep your head up.