Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine and @Petey have been sitting at the rail yard since about the 10th and we just heard the they finally got a truck delivering it to Grangers Wed or Thurs, so I should be able to fly and drive this weekend 🙏 🙏
they are closed on Saturday for New Years just an FYI
Sponsored

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 97 F150, 92 Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

johnjmcc

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW's and Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Installed the single row light bar from Rough Country to Aux 1 switch. Ford made it a lot easier, but it was still a challenge figuring out how the route the wire from the inside to the outside.
Ford Bronco 🛠 11/22/21 Build Week Group 23078345-617B-4B85-881E-2766958D6B1A
That’s funny you posted this today. I was about to install the exact same light bar on my Bronco tonight, but stopped. the light comes with a long cable, filled with several wires, and it’s own switch. I assume I don’t use the light‘s switch, but the Bronco aux only has one power wire headed to the the windshield (correct?). what did you do to the long cable coming from the light? cut it at the bracket? How many wires inside and which did you keep/use? Or am I missing this entirely? All help appreciated. Thanks. John

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford accessories are 15% off until 12/31 (up to $1000). You need to create an account and enter FORD15 for the discount code. Also, shipping is fast and free.

https://accessories.ford.com/

You can order on the performance parts or accessories web sites and they all go in one cart. This lets you use the one-time discount on everything.

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 97 F150, 92 Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Skidog

Badlands
First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco "21"Badlands 4dr 2.7,"23"2Dr Man,Tesla, Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good evening all. Evening update. My status now went from “Bad Ordered” since the 24th to “EMPTY” today!!!!!
Fingers crossed this is progress! My Window Sticker now changed to the 27th!

congrats to all who have received their Broncos, they are really something 🤩

Sponsored

BigKahuna

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine transaction was very easy. Got a Bronco Hat. No markup, pushed the extended warranty but not very hard. Very easy transaction.

Now I’ll add some ditch lights and the fog/low road lights for the Modular Bumper on either side.

On a separate note , for those with the modular bumper and live in a state where front plates are required, there is a fellow bronco-er that has developed a bracket that makes use of existing bolts on the mod bumper and doesn’t block your camera or radar sensor for your safety features. $30. So I ordered one today. Check it out here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...solution-order-yours-today.22111/post-1064949

Looks like a great add.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My bronco arrived today, just got the call from my dealer — but the service department doesn’t reopen until Monday morning so they can’t do any PDI on it until then 🥲
Congratulations on the new Bronco! :)

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s funny you posted this today. I was about to install the exact same light bar on my Bronco tonight, but stopped. the light comes with a long cable, filled with several wires, and it’s own switch. I assume I don’t use the light‘s switch, but the Bronco aux only has one power wire headed to the the windshield (correct?). what did you do to the long cable coming from the light? cut it at the bracket? How many wires inside and which did you keep/use? Or am I missing this entirely? All help appreciated. Thanks. John
If you want to use any switch other then Aux 1, you would need to use the wire harness provided. Only the Aux 1 switch is rated for 30A.
I flipped the bar so that the wire is on the passenger side (close to the factory wire).
I removed the black sheath except for about 6". Once the wires passed into the weather strip, they are much easier to route and tuck away as individual wires. You could remove the sheath further back and secure the ground wire to a bracket nut as well using a spade or ring connector. I wanted a cleaner look and took the ground wire all the way into the cab. I had a bulge in the weather strip initially as I started with a tiny hole and stretched it around the cable. I went back and made the hole a little larger to reduce the distortion, which did not affect the seal in any way. That weather stip is large and very forgiving in regards to play. Here is the initial bulge with roof off, the final appearance with the roof attached.
Ford Bronco 🛠 11/22/21 Build Week Group 1640705283257
Ford Bronco 🛠 11/22/21 Build Week Group 1640707550364

By the way, it was raining like mad outside, so I went out and tested for leaks at highway speeds. No issues.

Here is the bird's eye view of the wires. Other than this, you can't see the wires anywhere else. Covering the red wire at this point with black silicone will make is disappear completely.
Ford Bronco 🛠 11/22/21 Build Week Group 1640704759848

I believe that it is possible to run the wires by running them down to the corner at the passenger side window and then pass them under the second weather stip and not have to drill any holes. Using the little cap that the arrow is pointing to.
Take your time and try a couple of routes before you decide.
Ford Bronco 🛠 11/22/21 Build Week Group 1640705215261

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One… she fits in the garage! Don’t mind my husbands CJ he’s working on at the moment.

Ford Bronco 🛠 11/22/21 Build Week Group E95EA0E8-62DD-4C2D-B474-34C6B8C426DE

Two, check out the Yeti in Sagebrush he bought me to match the Bronco! We’ll use this for camping and the beach for sure! And what woman doesn’t like matching accessories?!
Ford Bronco 🛠 11/22/21 Build Week Group 8BAAFF92-580E-467E-A5A8-A4C6BB4449D9

Three.. he bought me the sil plates from ford. Thoughts? They don’t look like they fit right in my opinion. Why wouldn’t these be exact matches to the indentations in the flooring? Did we install these wrong? It’s legit 3M on the back of them. I’m kind of worried they won’t make it 6 months.
Ford Bronco 🛠 11/22/21 Build Week Group 005A640F-C93F-43DF-B3A0-55F6E7D116AB

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as the sale experience, we were very happy. It only took 2.5 hours with doing my trade in which I thought was a record. We were charged 2k in add ons at signing though which was a little annoying but it was non negotiable. They tinted my front windows without asking … honestly, as obnoxious a move as that was, it saved me the hassle of dealing with finding someone here to do it and they did it on Friday so I was able to roll them down and not wait for a few days. The other charges were warranty items that I was going to get anyway so all in all, it wasn’t a big deal. I could see if you weren’t planning on the extras, how that could be upsetting, though. MSRP no ADM other than that 2k of add ons you could call ADM. I will say, it was a shock to the system going from my luxury suv 😂🤣 Yes.. I know. I bought a Bronco, a badlands bad ass vehicle, no less.. I knew the two were going to be far from similar, but it doesn’t mean it still wasn’t a little jarring driving home yesterday! 😂 I love her! If it wasn’t going to rain, I’d take the top down today. It’s 80 here in Houston until Sunday.
Sponsored