First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Seen a rumor that ford was shipping Broncos without chips to clear space at MAP. And sending the chips to the dealers once available. No idea how true that is just saw it on a a Facebook group. Personally it doesn't make much sense to me but who knows
Sponsored

ChefAlan86

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90, 22 Maverick XL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Jo8n ....

I really feel for you and @ChefAlan86.

At this point I feel like @Ford Motor Company should be offering you a 2022.... unless you're like me and want the '21 just to say you were cool enough to get an early one.

Y'alls on my mind.
I get it. However, I ordered Antimatter Blue and I’m keeping hope that it will be the one that I receive.

EL Señor Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hyundai Veloster N PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still waiting for that phone call from the dealer. Hopefully I get to finally see it in my driveway by the end of the month.

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seen a rumor that ford was shipping Broncos without chips to clear space at MAP. And sending the chips to the dealers once available. No idea how true that is just saw it on a a Facebook group. Personally it doesn't make much sense to me but who knows
With the scarcity, I'd be surprised they'd trust the dealers to insert the chips. Maybe these things are tougher than your average CPU but I have to say I wouldn't trust my auto mechanic seat my desktop CPU without bending some pins. Not sure I'd trust them to change my RAM. On the other hand, it's a car so the recommended tool for insertion might be a rubber mallet for all I know ;)

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Jo8n ....

I really feel for you and @ChefAlan86.

At this point I feel like @Ford Motor Company should be offering you a 2022.... unless you're like me and want the '21 just to say you were cool enough to get an early one.

Y'alls on my mind.
I get it. However, I ordered Antimatter Blue and I’m keeping hope that it will be the one that I receive.
I'll get it when I get it but I do have to say the feeling about the rarity of having the Bronco is kind of creeping up on me. All this waiting was kind of going to be a little more worth it in that it would be a rare breed. If new ones are coming out faster than ours, that kind of sucks.

On the other hand, if, in the '22 MY, Ford made changes to make the needed parts more available and the process more streamlined, wouldn't that have been their correct course of action? I couldn't really be too bitter in that case.

Meanwhile, the week before us has 13 unbuilt and 23 unshipped if their sheet is up to date. I hope Ford has some motivation in making the rest of our dreams come true so they can pump out those '22s with a clear conscience.

Sponsored

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the scarcity, I'd be surprised they'd trust the dealers to insert the chips. Maybe these things are tougher than your average CPU but I have to say I wouldn't trust my auto mechanic seat my desktop CPU without bending some pins. Not sure I'd trust them to change my RAM. On the other hand, it's a car so the recommended tool for insertion might be a rubber mallet for all I know ;)
When they did this with the F150, the "chips" came in the form of entire modules. For the record, I only read about this, I have no real knowledge.

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When they did this with the F150, the "chips" came in the form of entire modules. For the record, I only read about this, I have no real knowledge.
That makes sense. Seems like a tougher form factor would be required all around.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The train my car is in has been stuck in Walbridge, OH for the past several days and reportedly "bad ordered," which seems to mean it's having mechanical issues or somehow otherwise disabled 😩
Did yours ever get delivered?

Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wondering how many people on the Google Sheet have received their Bronco but forgot to update their delivery status.