Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thatā€™s great to hear. What speaker upgrades are you doing?
just the dash and kicker speakers for now. Eventually Iā€™ll do an amp and a compact sub to throw in the trunk, but Iā€™ve spentenough money recently lol
Sponsored

Shorevet

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh yeah! I have nearly the same dates, and also show still in production with an EDD of tomorrow. (Unlikely since Iā€™m west coast).

Seems like the last of the WT and OBX models are all being held for some reason (although I donā€™t get why theyā€™re churning out 2022s - canā€™t they divert the parts and such to the vehicles that were supposed to be built last year????
They will never shut down the production line. They will allocate parts when surplus is available and backfit ours. Thatā€™s exactly what they did with the MIC issue.

WALJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Similar situation and dates. Iā€™m sure they are waiting on parts, most likely chips. Still have a lot of 12/6 build week OBX and WT in limbo.
Same hereā€¦ā€¦Friday my Dealership received two that was built after 12/6. Mine is showing the vin in the united road logistics so I donā€™t know that means it had shipped?

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey there, fellow Twelve-sixers! Now that I've had my Bronco for a few days, I thought I'd pass along a few initial impressions. Bear in mind this is after 2.5 days and 72 miles. Not extensive, but it includes a bit of snow driving this morning.

Bear with me, this turned out a bit long.

TL;DR: This rig is awesome and I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

My experience baseline is my 2017 Wrangler 75th Anniversary Edition (two-inch lift and 285/70R17 BFG KO2 tires) and, to a smaller extent, my wife's 2020 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription.

Design
Ford really nailed it. As a Jeep guy, I've always appreciated the classic Jeep look with the narrow hood and seven-slot grill, but I have to say, Ford really knocked it out of the park with the design. The lines and proportions are beautiful, and I love its beefiness, especially with the SAS package. The doors and tailgate have a more solid feel than the Jeep's. The drop-down window takes a bit of getting used to, but it's a pretty clever design and works well.

Color
I probably agonized more over color selection than I did any other single option. I ended up picking Cactus Gray because it seemed a bit unique, and I'm a fan of gray in general.

My initial choice was Carbonized Gray, which is pretty close to my Jeep's color (Granite Crystal), but after seeing a new Cactus Gray Bronco Sport last summer, I decided to switch. Still, I kept second-guessing my decision because it looked different every time I saw a photo of it online. In some pictures it was more green and in some more blue. I don't think I ever saw two pictures where it appeared the same color.

Now that I have it, I can confidently say that I am super happy with the choice. You really have to see this color in person to appreciate it. Pictures just don't do it justice.

Note: Ford calls this color "Fighter Jet Gray" on the Mustang. I think that's a more apt description; it does remind me of a fighter jet.

Driving/Ride
It's weird because the Bronco is close enough to the Jeep in looks and overall features that you expect it will drive similarly, but it's completely different. Volumes have already been written on the differences and IFS vs solid axle, etc., so I'll not try to repeat that, but I'll share my first-hand impressions.

First, the Bronco is slightly bigger than my Jeep, but the size seems magnified when staring down the hood. When I first put it in gear, I felt more like I was steering an aircraft carrier than a speedboat.

The steering is much more stable than the Jeep and it holds a line extremely well. I have to fight the urge to give it excessive steering input like I have to do on the Jeep. That said, it seems like it requires just a bit more effort to turn, maybe because of the slightly larger tires. Overall, it drives exceptionally well. I'm looking forward to taking it on a longer trip to see how it does.

The overall ride is smooth. I haven't tried any really rough terrain yet, but the tires and suspension do a good job tackling our potholed Illinois roads. I may need to air down a bit, though. I think the dealership added a few extra PSI to the tires, so once I drop it to 37-39, it'll probably ride even smoother.

Although it was likely a significant contributor to my wait, I'm glad I went with the hardtop. I like the look, and I'm not a huge fan of the wavy rear quarter windows on the soft top. Also, living in the Chicago area, the hardtop is better suited for our weather conditions (16 degrees this morning when I was out and about).

Given the cold, I haven't had a chance to take the roof panels off yet, but I did play with the latches a bit. They seem to be of higher quality and easier to work than the ones on my JKU.

When I turned off the radio and heater, I could hear a few squeaks and pops in the top as I was driving down the highway, but it wasn't noticeable with the air and tunes on.

More noticeable was a bit of wind noise at highway speeds (>50mph) which seems to come from the top edge of the windshield on the passenger side. Granted, I expect a bit of noise given the boxiness of the design. Still, I was surprised to hear it come from an isolated location. It sounds a bit like a window is cracked open, and I actually inspected the roof to see if something wasn't latched down tight. The Jeep isn't quiet either, but I don't recall having wind noise coming from a specific spot. Don't get me wrong -- it's not horrible, but more of a curiosity. I might have to research this a bit more.

Interior
No complaints here. It's actually much better than I anticipated.

The materials are fine. I've seen a lot of complaints about the quality of the dash, but I like it better than my Jeep's dash, which is also a hard plastic, but has a faux leather texture. My feeling is, if you're going to be plastic, be plastic. Don't try to pretend to be something else.

All of the other touchable surfaces have a nice feel to them. The switches and controls feel nice, are very well laid out, and are easy and intuitive to use.

I was concerned about how the colors would look on the interior seats and trim and whether they would clash with the exterior paint. Reading the descriptions and seeing pictures online, I was beginning to wonder if Ford's designers had been hitting the bong when they were coming up with the color scheme; however, when you see it in person, it just works.

The "sandstone" and blue trim highlights are much more subdued in person and actually look really good. Also, the sandstone trim has gray undertones that don't come through in many pictures but help blend a bit more with the Cactus Gray exterior. The blue trim on the events and grab handles also has a bit of gray and the color brings a nice subtle highlight without being overly obnoxious.

All in all, I like the interior a lot. It would have been nice to have had more color choices, but I'm pleased with how it turned out in person.

Note: Ford needs to do a better job of hiring photographers and graphic designers to take pictures of their vehicles that reflect real life more accurately. They are doing themselves a disservice in that regard.

Comfort
It definitely feels roomier than the Jeep and the seats are comfortable.

I've heard a lot of reviews that claim the Bronco's seats are orders of magnitude more comfortable than the Wrangler's. I don't know that I would go that far. I actually think my Jeep's seats are pretty comfy (I have a leather/fabric mesh combo), but they definitely have more limited seating positions than the Bronco, and the seats are manual vs the Bronco's power seats.

I need to play around with the seat positioning a bit more to find the most comfortable configuration for me. It would be nice to have a memory feature, but power is welcome nonetheless, as is the configurable lumbar support.

Neither the Jeep's nor the Bronco's seats come close to the comfort of the XC60's seats, nor do I expect them to.

Infotainment
Another home run here. The 12-inch display is massive, and everything works well. I probably haven't explored all of the features, but it's very intuitive and easy to navigate.

Apple CarPlay looks fantastic on this and I appreciate how much screen real estate it's afforded. My wife's XC60 also has a nice big screen and infotainment system, but it's hard to navigate and CarPlay is relegated to a small section of the overall screen.

I have the Lux package with the B&O system and the sound is very good. It's not audiophile quality, but it's better than many vehicles. I do think my Jeep's premium Alpine system has a bit richer midrange and maybe a bit more bass, but the B&O has a nice crisp and clear sound, good clear high range, and surprisingly more bass than I thought it would have. It also sounds good and distortion-free at higher volumes (16+), though that's just for test purposes. I don't usually crank my tunes that high. šŸ˜„

I haven't done an extensively head-to-head comparison with the Jeep's audio system, but I may try that later this week. Anyway, the sound is more than adequate for my ears.

Other
People have remarked on the grab handle placement compared to the Jeep's. I also thought they were awkwardly placed, but they work surprisingly well. I'm vertically challenged and, with the SAS, it's nice to have an extra bit of assistance getting in, even with the steps. The handle is actually not difficult or awkward to use at all.

It does bother me a tad that you can wiggle them (compared to the GraBars I have in my Jeep, which are so solid, they feel like they're welded to the frame), but they do have an excellent grip otherwise. I also like that they have the "Bronco bolts," so it will be interesting to see what aftermarket accessory options pop up.

I haven't extensively tried all of the G.O.A.T. modes, but I did play around with Sport and had a chance to throw it in Slippery mode this morning to tackle the 3-4 inches of snow we got last night.

Sport is fun and may become my default driving mode, though I'm hesitant to keep it there full time until I break the vehicle in a bit more. Maybe I'm being overly cautious.

I ventured out and was able to find an empty parking lot that hadn't been plowed yet so I could try out Trail Turn Assist (aka Snow Donut) mode. What a blast! I almost got dizzy from spinning in circles. I'm looking forward to trying it again and, one of these days, finding some good sandy trails so I can put it to its intended use.

This is my first Ford since a 1990 Ranger I bought new, so I didn't have previous experience with the FordPass app. This app is really, really well done. I like it much better than the Volvo app, which has nearly the same features, but it's not nearly as intuitive ( it also inexplicably refuses to start the car sometimes). Slight quibble: some of the status messages display the literal HTML formatting, e.g. ENGINE <b>STARTED</b>.

Conclusion
This is an awesomely fun vehicle and I have zero regrets over buying it. It's especially entertaining now because it's new and turns heads. I imagine once more of these start hitting the streets, the uniqueness factor will fade. Still, it's a solid contender to the Wrangler and will definitely challenge Jeep to step up their game.

I hope all of you that are still waiting on your Broncos get them soon and enjoy them as much as I'm enjoying mine. Can't wait to hear your impressions. Let me know if you agree, disagree, or have any questions.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the cameras. They are fantastic, especially with the 12-inch screen. The 360-degree view is especially handy getting in and out of my garage since it's a bit of a tight fit. I also like the fact that there's a dedicated button to bring up the cameras. My wife's Volvo also has a 360-degree camera, but it requires a couple of swipes to navigate to it and turn it on via the touch screen. I much prefer having the button easily accessible.

Last edited:

Sponsored

srotier

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 2 Door; 2017 Dodge Durango GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After not being able to log into the tracker this morning, then it worked but with no changes, I just checked again (itā€™s probably an unhealthy habit) ANDā€¦
It has changed from ā€œBuiltā€ (since 11/28) to ā€œShippedā€!!

PeneBear

Outer Banks
First Name
Edith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After not being able to log into the tracker this morning, then it worked but with no changes, I just checked again (itā€™s probably an unhealthy habit) ANDā€¦
It has changed from ā€œBuiltā€ (since 11/28) to ā€œShippedā€!!
Im still showing in production, since 11/29/21. Hoping to get my OBX soon.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Omnipotent24

Wildtrak
First Name
Illan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you, I see it says inactive does that mean anything?
Does it mean it shipped, and Has yours shipped out yet?
Inactive means that itā€™s just the PLAN to get from the rail yard to your dealer. When it changes to Pickup Pending, then it has arrived and is waiting for a truck and driver. Only Ford can tell you itā€™s Shipped. Hopefully soon?

Iā€™m still waiting to hear/see that mine has completed the Build Phase yet. I have a feeling my 2/3 EDD will certainly slip again.

Sponsored

Omnipotent24

Wildtrak
First Name
Illan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Inactive means that itā€™s just the PLAN to get from the rail yard to your dealer. When it changes to Pickup Pending, then it has arrived and is waiting for a truck and driver. Only Ford can tell you itā€™s Shipped. Hopefully soon?

Iā€™m still waiting to hear/see that mine has completed the Build Phase yet. I have a feeling my 2/3 EDD will certainly slip again.
copy, thanks. My tracker still says 1/23 Delivery, Guess what today is 1/23. this that bullshit. lol it'll probably fix its self tomorrow or Tuesday new delivery in 8 years from now!!! smh lol

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't get a call yesterday but thinking in the next couple days I can take this bad boy home!

Ford Bronco šŸ›  12/6/21 Build Week Group Screenshot_20220123-153319_Chrome
Ford Bronco šŸ›  12/6/21 Build Week Group 20220123_160343

And yeah we just went to the dealer lot while it's closed on Sunday so I can get all my cringey shrieking and jumping out of the way

BELSMAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi everyone,
I cannot open the spreadsheet for some reason.
build Week dreaded 12/6
Original eta 12/25
New eta 1/24 yet I doubt that will happen as my tracker still shows in production.
wild track lux shadow running bars only accessory

Is ford doing anything to compensate us on the fact that we are now buying last years left over models as the ā€˜22s are already hitting the lots? Iā€™m really upset about this.

Shorevet

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi everyone,
I cannot open the spreadsheet for some reason.
build Week dreaded 12/6
Original eta 12/25
New eta 1/24 yet I doubt that will happen as my tracker still shows in production.
wild track lux shadow running bars only accessory

Is ford doing anything to compensate us on the fact that we are now buying last years left over models as the ā€˜22s are already hitting the lots? Iā€™m really upset about this.
Maybe a half off ADM discount.
Sponsored