Erny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1932 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

after an interesting week it arrived! Talking to my dealership early this week they had no update on delivery just knew it was at the Richmond Port in CA. Decided to call the port, got transferred to the shipping company and they pulled my VIN only to see that they have it allocated but no other information which meant to them that it hadn’t even arrived at the port yet. Called them Thursday no answer and thought forget it. Thursday night I decided to check the Ford tracker since it’s been so hard not to think about the damn car. And the website said it was delivered (whatever that means). So this morning I call my dealer to see if they knew anything about that and sure enough they got it! Such a rollercoaster week of tracking it but it’s finally home. Worth the wait as everyone mentions!
Ford Bronco đź›  3/21/22 Build Week Group 038A769A-2668-4E65-BBC9-D713C39BDC3D
Ford Bronco đź›  3/21/22 Build Week Group 119B49DA-1953-471F-AA6E-B5550D81E4C6
Sponsored

Jbox343

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well fellas it certainly sucks but I'm glad I'm not the only one stuck in a rail yard. Today is day 13 my Bronco has been stuck in Mira Loma.
I've been stuck at the rail yard in So.Cal for 11 days now. The last 4 days my WS date has updated everyday, in fact yesterday it updated to todays date which I found odd. So incredibly frustrating. Ford has managed to ruin this process at every step...This truck better be worth it.
Today is day 13 with no movement. WS sticker updates daily now for no apparent reason other than to torment me. Dealer had the Ford logistics rep for my area call me yesterday and he promised by Monday and if for some reason it did not arrive by then he'd authorize the dealer for direct pick up. I'm not holding my breath...at this point the only thing that would shock me is if Ford actually came through on anything they said.

Someone please tell me again this is worth it...

BoltUp

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well fellas it certainly sucks but I'm glad I'm not the only one stuck in a rail yard. Today is day 13 my Bronco has been stuck in Mira Loma.

Today is day 13 with no movement. WS sticker updates daily now for no apparent reason other than to torment me. Dealer had the Ford logistics rep for my area call me yesterday and he promised by Monday and if for some reason it did not arrive by then he'd authorize the dealer for direct pick up. I'm not holding my breath...at this point the only thing that would shock me is if Ford actually came through on anything they said.

It is so worth it. Its fun just looking at her in the driveway.

Vert530

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm part of the chip hold crew. First date to release the hold was 4/22 and now 5/10. Lovely. Ford gives no true explanations, we are all in this same boat. Dealer does not either. Everybody claims to be in the dark with the mystery question....when will we get our cars? So, people like me start to analyze things. I've been looking at the VIN #'s of the Bronco's my dealer has been getting (yeah, they have been receiving Bronco's....one was my week build and one was built after mine...those stung a bit to be honest). The last 8 digits of the VIN have a pattern- NLA*****. Are there any NLA**** VIN holders who are in mud mountain? Mine is an NLB****, so it has me thinking. Are the VIN #'s coded by priority or something? The A's go first then the B's?

Probably nothing to my theory....but when one has no direction from manufacturer, dealer, customer service, online, chat, one the phone.....I mean every which way possible. I know you know my struggle. I mean why make us wait forever for a build date in the first place, push it back several weeks and then this. Why??

Just a shot... (and sorry for my rant, rant over).

?????
My Vin is NLB and my Blend was 3/16 and i have been stuck in " production " since..

Sains66

Outer Banks
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66’ Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ughhh I’m in the same boat. I didn’t expect this since I am in a smaller area but I’ve been in the rail yard for 8 days now. We are so close!

Sponsored

knipj

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After 15 total months waiting, 3 months on ice mountain, 5 weeks in transit/shipping, and another 10 days in a rail yard, I finally got in and drove my Bronco for the first time. Traded in the 08 Jeep Wrangler and never looked back at it as I peeled out of the dealer lot in my A51 4D Big Bend.

Few things I learned:
-it was worth the wait
-my dealer let me spend the Ford customer sat funds on $1000 of accessories for ford.com... Loved this.
-price guarantee doesn't apply if you change from 2D to 4D after Oct 2021... This was a gray area for me but the dealer absolutely refused and said Ford wouldn't reimburse the for the 2021 price guarantee.
-The production line is definitely quantity over quality... for two reasons
1. my bronco had 2 bronco labeled bolts on the floor (who knows where they came from), i had a bad or shorted speaker in front right dash, i have a hairline crack in the window of driver side door, and the back window hinge plastic cover is broken. Yikes! All noticed after I took the bronco home because I was too excited to do any detail inspection
2. Another guy's Bronco came in (only our two are scheduled to be delivered this month at this dealer) came in with a check engine light on AND an inoperative driver window motor. He did not take his home sadly.

Ford Bronco đź›  3/21/22 Build Week Group E2EA4239-7574-41D7-84B7-5B3302ECC517

I can't wait for you all to get your bronco! cheers!

Jbox343

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today was a day that was 663 days in the making! She's home! The wait was totally worth it. Many times through this process I thought about changing my order or caving in and buying one off the lot with a crazy mark up but I held strong and today I could not be happier that I did. I got exactly what I wanted just a little (or a lot) later than I had wanted. Hope all the early res holders out there get theirs soon!

Last edited:

Oomeeno

Black Diamond
First Name
Auggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just got off the phone with Ford. Initially (a week ago) they had let me know that the chip hold would be until 5/13 but now they dont have a date on record. I fear that means they plan to push it back again.

people have been updating the following chiphold document but I havent seen new dates pop up yet.
Link:

EasternShore

Outer Banks
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB S550 Cabrio, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Although the delivery slipped by a week, things went pretty smoothly and we've now taken delivery of this beauty. Thanks to those on this forum for helpful insights during our selection process and beyond, and for those who posted links allowing me to track it all the way. I should also give some props to Parsons Ford in WV -- we found this vehicle as an order they'd put in without a buyer and jumped on it during the build process -- they were an absolute pleasure and easiest purchase I've made in 30+ years even though they were 2 hours away.

tempImagewU5fCK.png

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green Outer Bank
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just got off the phone with Ford. Initially (a week ago) they had let me know that the chip hold would be until 5/13 but now they dont have a date on record. I fear that means they plan to push it back again.

people have been updating the following chiphold document but I havent seen new dates pop up yet.
Link:
I was pushed back to 5/23 - 5/28. I'm petty sure that's not going to happen either.

Sponsored

Sains66

Outer Banks
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66’ Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco đź›  3/21/22 Build Week Group A25587B8-2C12-48B4-8670-8CFD224A9F44
Took delivery today, dealer honored 2021 pricing, no games or markups.

Only issue is that the tow package wasnt installed and I’m not sure how Ford missed it. Has anyone heard of this happening? I can’t find any complaints about it. It’s only a $600 option but what a pain…

With or without the hitch I’m glad it’s finally in my garage. Hope the remaining few get theirs soon!

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Finally picked up my Bronco on Saturday, May 21. 676 days after reserving. What a relief!!

Great buying experience with @Gloff at Serramonte Ford, Colma, CA (San Francisco, basically). Highly recommended. Honored pricing agreement, answered all my questions along the way, just a top notch experience.

The Bronco is fun for sure. Only issue was some hiccups with the infotainment system. It froze once, it just quit and rebooted once, and it lost wireless connection once (worked again once plugged in). I'm using Android Auto, and in all three cases I was playing a podcast and navigating so I think it's easy to overload. After the first day, no issues though (knock on wood). @glofff said, "Sync tends to do some soft resets early on, I've noticed that before, but you could be right about overloading it. I've also heard some issues with Wireless Carplay with iPhones (Android Auto has been working about 99% for me)." No issues since those on the first day so hopefully it will be fine.

The only other negative impression I had was the gauge cluster. This might be the worst gauge cluster I've ever personally seen. Not a deal breaker at all, it's not *that* important in my enjoyment of the Bronco. But really Ford? A tach that is basically unreadable. An analog speedometer that you never look at, because the speed is shown digitally right in the middle of your view. And not that much choice in the optional screens.

Fuel mileage was low to start, but I got up to about 19.3 mpg after driving for 300 miles or so, then dropped back down to 19.2 or 19.1, depending on what kind of driving I was doing. Should be right about what I was expecting.

Really happy I got the 2.3 liter with the manual.

Ford Bronco đź›  3/21/22 Build Week Group IMG-20220522-WA0003

hoffsauce

Base
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Although the delivery slipped by a week, things went pretty smoothly and we've now taken delivery of this beauty. Thanks to those on this forum for helpful insights during our selection process and beyond, and for those who posted links allowing me to track it all the way. I should also give some props to Parsons Ford in WV -- we found this vehicle as an order they'd put in without a buyer and jumped on it during the build process -- they were an absolute pleasure and easiest purchase I've made in 30+ years even though they were 2 hours away.

Ford Bronco đź›  3/21/22 Build Week Group IMG-20220522-WA0003
Parson's is 5 miles from me. All their Broncos are 10k over retail. Theyve had two on the lot for weeks with no buyer. Did you pay markup? I went two hours away for mine to get one at retail

EasternShore

Outer Banks
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB S550 Cabrio, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Parson's is 5 miles from me. All their Broncos are 10k over retail. Theyve had two on the lot for weeks with no buyer. Did you pay markup? I went two hours away for mine to get one at retail
I had missed the order window and wanted a particular build and scoured dealerships in a 6 hour radius from my house and Parsons had one on order that matched what we were looking for. I negotiated down the 10k a bit but ultimately paid a markup to be able to get the one I wanted without a wait.
Sponsored