First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mile 17. Big rock into the windshield from a passing F-150 on the highway, normal driving conditions.

Cold temp caused additional cracking! I recommend having those window repair kits on hand! I'll be fixing it at lunch today.
That is a bummer. I'm at 350 and safe so far, but I can't say I haven't been worried about it.
Sponsored

rancid53

Badlands
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier Prox4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine delivered to the dealer on Saturday (only 8 days at Rail Yard)... I am trying to schedule my time to pick it up now...

V8 Voodoo

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. It was at the time of the sale. I told them it wasn't on Vincent, but was on the DORA. I don't know what Vincent is, but I had heard that term on this forum. I had a signed DORA. They applied it immediately.
Just to confirm, the DORA is the printout that shows all options selected and has the order number, priority code, etc right?

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would check with Ford chat. It's HIGHLY unlikely to be on chip hold. Someone else was told this by their dealer. Ford chat set him right. Turns out it was just waiting on a rail to MT.
Yea maybe he misread, or just assumed it was on chip hold. The second time I did ford chat just after reaching out to my salesman I asked the person on chat to confirm that it is complete, not on a chip hold, and just awaiting shipment, and he confirmed that is correct. Do people on chip holds show built and have EDDs? My vehicle shows built in both trackers and ford chat, and has an EDD of 4/18-4/21. The EDD has pushed back bit by bit from 4/10, but I’m assuming that’s shipping and not chip related

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to confirm, the DORA is the printout that shows all options selected and has the order number, priority code, etc right?
That's right. My dealer asked me to sign mine at the time of the order.

Sponsored

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea maybe he misread, or just assumed it was on chip hold. The second time I did ford chat just after reaching out to my salesman I asked the person on chat to confirm that it is complete, not on a chip hold, and just awaiting shipment, and he confirmed that is correct. Do people on chip holds show built and have EDDs? My vehicle shows built in both trackers and ford chat, and has an EDD of 4/18-4/21. The EDD has pushed back bit by bit from 4/10, but I’m assuming that’s shipping and not chip related
My understanding from prior week builds (mostly the January holds) is that chip hold vehicles still show as in production.

Burnt350

Base
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can anyone shed light on this? Ford says they see a plant hold on mine but also sees it in Transit. It has been unloaded and placed on a ramp at the Norfolk Auto Distribution Facility. How can there be a plant hold when it's not at the plant. 4.16 - 4.22 delivery window now. Did they find an issue with it or is it just taking the yard forever to prep it for delivery? Ford also said it could be ready for delivery and the hold was never removed. There access to information is limited which blows my mind.

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone shed light on this? Ford says they see a plant hold on mine but also sees it in Transit. It has been unloaded and placed on a ramp at the Norfolk Auto Distribution Facility. How can there be a plant hold when it's not at the plant. 4.16 - 4.22 delivery window now. Did they find an issue with it or is it just taking the yard forever to prep it for delivery? Ford also said it could be ready for delivery and the hold was never removed. There access to information is limited which blows my mind.
If I had to guess, I would say that there is no factory hold on it at this point.

Burnt350

Base
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I had to guess, I would say that there is no factory hold on it at this point.
Yea I wasn't sure if plant meant Ford Plant or Norfolk Plant. I would like to think they are just taking a while prepping even though it's been on a ramp a week ago today.

NasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Naomi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea I wasn't sure if plant meant Ford Plant or Norfolk Plant. I would like to think they are just taking a while prepping even though it's been on a ramp a week ago today.
If it left Wayne, MI on a railcar, there is no longer a plant hold. The railcar itself can go on hold status. That’s standard if they find something wrong with the railcar while in transit. If your Bronco has been offloaded from the railcar then the railcar needs some pretty substantial work like new wheels or something.

Sponsored

Burnt350

Base
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it left Wayne, MI on a railcar, there is no longer a plant hold. The railcar itself can go on hold status. That’s standard if they find something wrong with the railcar while in transit.
Rail has come and gone. I wonder if they are seeing status of the rail car after it has already been unloaded and headed back. That would be a hoot!

NasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Naomi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rail has come and gone. I wonder if they are seeing status of the rail car after it has already been unloaded and headed back. That would be a hoot!
Oh, sorry, wasn’t keeping up with the full chain of events. When was it delivered to the rail yard? It’s probably just waiting on a truck like mine. Mine was offloaded 4/12. Hoping for a truck this week!

Burnt350

Base
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh, sorry, wasn’t keeping up with the full chain of events. When was it delivered to the rail yard? It’s probably just waiting on a truck like mine. Mine was offloaded 4/12. Hoping for a truck this week!

Sun Apr 10
  • Actual placement of car: 339pm
Monday Apr 11
  • RMPY “Ramp=Yes”: 103pm
  • Ramp #14

BoltUp

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, mine got offloaded at the rail yard in Nashville TN on 4/8 and now im just waiting on a transport truck. This is my estimated delivery week, so my fingers are crossed. Good luck to everyone this week.

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a little confused. Are you saying that it's at the destination rail yard close to your dealership? Then absolutely it's not on any hold from Ford and not any chip hold. It's also not being prepped. It's simply just waiting on a convoy truck to your dealer.
Sponsored