RenegadeMo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 2 dr, 2022 Bronco OBX 4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For all the people on here on chip hold with a estimated date of May 13th did any of y’all actually get build? or are y’all still in production with a new estimated delivery date like me, @Ford Motor Company is just gonna keep lying and I will never get my bronco…
Has anyone figured out what "chip" is the one that is on hold? Meaning, what spec, feature, or?

Sponsored

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FInally at the dealership. Price protected(y).. No ADM(y)....$865 customer satisfaction(y). A great Dealership to work with.:love:
Ford Bronco đź›  3/7/22 Build Week 45232
Ford Bronco đź›  3/7/22 Build Week 45232
Love the color. My wife would not take it. But I definitely would.

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I played with my top a bit more. I got it to a point where it latches somewhat nicely and also no longer rattles. But I do gotta say it kinda sucks that it can easily make contact and scrap up brackets and paint. It is what it is, but it's clear that Ford cut quality corners in favor of cost savings. I didn't expect more honestly, but I have a couple ideas that would have made the top much nicer.

The rest of it. We're loving it. Drives great, it's comfortable, and looks awesome. Still need mud flaps. The rock rails make it very difficult and it gets filthy quick.

One other small thing I've been working on. I was looking at how the onboard bags use eyebolts for the straps that hold the doors in place in the trunk. I couldn't find anything on the size of the eyebolts or even really a mention of them anywhere.

Anyways, the thread-serts in the rollbar are M8 x 1.25 if anyone was wondering. I ordered some 20mm long zinc plated eyebolts. I plan to use them to bungie our stroller upright so we can still fit the dog in the back. I'm sure people could come up with some real creative things that use those threaded holes so have at it.

Also, I would only use zinc plated bolts in those thread-serts. I don't know what the thread-serts are made of so I avoided stainless because of the possibility of galvanic corrosion if that insert is carbon steel.

Justin_Kane

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I played with my top a bit more. I got it to a point where it latches somewhat nicely and also no longer rattles. But I do gotta say it kinda sucks that it can easily make contact and scrap up brackets and paint. It is what it is, but it's clear that Ford cut quality corners in favor of cost savings. I didn't expect more honestly, but I have a couple ideas that would have made the top much nicer.

The rest of it. We're loving it. Drives great, it's comfortable, and looks awesome. Still need mud flaps. The rock rails make it very difficult and it gets filthy quick.

One other small thing I've been working on. I was looking at how the onboard bags use eyebolts for the straps that hold the doors in place in the trunk. I couldn't find anything on the size of the eyebolts or even really a mention of them anywhere.

Anyways, the thread-serts in the rollbar are M8 x 1.25 if anyone was wondering. I ordered some 20mm long zinc plated eyebolts. I plan to use them to bungie our stroller upright so we can still fit the dog in the back. I'm sure people could come up with some real creative things that use those threaded holes so have at it.

Also, I would only use zinc plated bolts in those thread-serts. I don't know what the thread-serts are made of so I avoided stainless because of the possibility of galvanic corrosion if that insert is carbon steel.
Here's my recommendation on mud flaps. I got the Weathertechs, front only. Not a huge fan of mud flaps, but I enjoy them better than door scratches, for sure. These took 30 minutes to install, and it would have been 20 if I read the directions first, lol.. Pretty clean looking, no logos, and secure with no rattles. Also, they work great on a Badlands Sasquatch, which I hear not all mud flaps will work on.

Ford Bronco đź›  3/7/22 Build Week IMG_2702

Ford Bronco đź›  3/7/22 Build Week IMG_2703

Ford Bronco đź›  3/7/22 Build Week IMG_2704

Ford Bronco đź›  3/7/22 Build Week IMG_2705

Ford Bronco đź›  3/7/22 Build Week IMG_2706

Sponsored

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's my recommendation on mud flaps. I got the Weathertechs, front only. Not a huge fan of mud flaps, but I enjoy them better than door scratches, for sure. These took 30 minutes to install, and it would have been 20 if I read the directions first, lol.. Pretty clean looking, no logos, and secure with no rattles. Also, they work great on a Badlands Sasquatch, which I hear not all mud flaps will work on.

I really do not like the way the weather techs look and that gap leaves so much space for mud and slush to fire right up to your door handles. I have mud flaps I just need to work up the bracket to attach them. Just haven't had any time.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After a month of ownership, living on white rock roads, having 2200 miles driven so far, we literally have ZERO paint damage or rock chips on the bronco other than the underneath side of the rock rails. No dings in the paint, no dings in the rear SASQ flares, none. Do we hear rocks being thrown? Absolutely, the flares must do their job more than folks give them credit though. Neither the wife or myself are mud flap fans. If folks don't live on rocks roads, I can't even imagine even entertaining the idea of wanting them.

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After a month of ownership, living on white rock roads, having 2200 miles driven so far, we literally have ZERO paint damage or rock chips on the bronco other than the underneath side of the rock rails. No dings in the paint, no dings in the rear SASQ flares, none. Do we hear rocks being thrown? Absolutely, the flares must do their job more than folks give them credit though. Neither the wife or myself are mud flap fans. If folks don't live on rocks roads, I can't even imagine even entertaining the idea of wanting them.
Really depends on where you live too.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really depends on where you live too.

I watched that when it was released, and planned on buying mud flaps, and I'm glad I didn't. Also have to realize his tires stick out past the flares. With the stock setup, even the Sasq setup doesn't stick out past the flares.

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I watched that when it was released, and planned on buying mud flaps, and I'm glad I didn't. Also have to realize his tires stick out past the flares. With the stock setup, even the Sasq setup doesn't stick out past the flares.
I dunno man. I've already had mud on my door handles. Not as bad as theirs, but I still dont want muddy hands every time I get in.
Sponsored