Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dunno man. I've already had mud on my door handles. Not as bad as theirs, but I still dont want muddy hands every time I get in.
We've had less than 6" of rain in the last year here, so I may change my mind should I drive in the mud at some point lol. Our bronco hasn't been rained on yet even lol.
Sponsored

Justin_Kane

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really do not like the way the weather techs look and that gap leaves so much space for mud and slush to fire right up to your door handles. I have mud flaps I just need to work up the bracket to attach them. Just haven't had any time.
I'lll give them a good mud test soon, but looking at the angle of the tire rotation, I dont think any will get through, I'll let you know, though. And yes, they are not the nicest looking things, but at least they are not oversized and covered in logos like some of the others.

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I kinda hate that all I do is come on here and complain. Like I love this thing, it's fun to drive, It looks great, and it drives mostly great. I say mostly because I feel every little road imperfection and sometimes if there's a lot of them it can be pretty jarring. And in PA there is a lot of them. Meanwhile, I can hit a sunken in road side drain and barely feel it. Just seemed strange to me I'll probably drop the tire pressure to 35 to see if it helps at all.

Definitely not selling it and I just need to get to a point that I'm over the problems I'm having with it. After spending $60k I felt that certain items on it should be better than they are. And after spending more on accessories I'm finding that it seems that Ford always seems to cut corners where they can to save money. I probably should have realized it at this point huh?

First and foremost. The soft top. I'll put it this way; it works. It leaves a lot to be desired. The lateral stiffness could be a lot better to prevent the frame from contacting the roll cage. At some point the frame contacted the roll bar and put a nice mark into the clear coat. I've only had the top all the way down once and I was pretty careful doing it so I assume this was at the factory.

The black brackets attached to the cage for the top are all scratched up. And they aren't powder coated or anything. They used black paint and it doesn't look like any primer so it comes off very easily.

The painted tabs the soft top clamp brackets are bolted to are bubbled up and peeling around the bolt heads with what looks to be poor adhesion. Noticed this when I went to adjust them. The bolts weren't overly tight that they would have damaged the paint either. And even if the bolts did it should have peeled up like it's doing.

Then there's the fact I had to adjust the soft top at all. I was assured it was good to go when I picked it up. I found that both sides were barely latched on the tips of the hooks and took a ton of force to re-latch.

There are two chips in the paint on the driver side rear door on the top edge where the window seal ends.

My wife had to brake hard once cause of someone driving down the middle of the road to our house and it popped a ABS fault/error at the RH rear wheel speed sensor and a pre-collision assist fault/error. The dealer said they wouldn't do anything unless it happened again, but they'd check to see if there's any system updates. The faults cleared on their own after driving a little while, but I'm worried that if there's a next time the ABS or pre-collision alert won't work.

The accessories I got were the vinyl floor mats for the vinyl floor and the door bags. The door bags are great, but the papers in both were for the front doors which alarmed me thinking I got two front door sets, but luckily they are the correct bags.

The floor mats fit very well, but they are thin and I'm worried that eventually they'll still allow a divot to form in the vinyl floor from my heel at the gas pedal. The back seat mats only overlap. The oem vinyl floor mats I got for my GMC Sierra were probably an 1/8 inch thicker which adds a lot of stiffness, the back seat mats snap together, and they were close to the same price.

Lastly, someone stole my fucking Bronco toolkit a week before we leave for vacation to outer banks. ๐Ÿคฌ I kept it in the back in the underfloor storage. I'm usually very good about locking it. But the wife sometimes forgets. So at some point someone came in grabbed only the kit, left everything else, and closed it back up nicely. That tool kit never left the vehicle before it was taken so it wasn't misplaced. But now I don't have the door alignment pin or the guards. And I have to piece together some tools to take with me.

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  3/7/22 Build Week 20220524_120355
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  3/7/22 Build Week 20220524_120359
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  3/7/22 Build Week 20220524_120408
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  3/7/22 Build Week 20220524_120728
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  3/7/22 Build Week 20220524_120735

Last edited:

Moose7

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover NAS D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've only put about 265mi on mine, and had a "Parking Brake Failure - Service Now" message the other day, after unlocking the doors. I posted it on a separate thread, and Ford contacted me directly. Going into the dealer this week, but I felt better knowing I'm not the only one that has had this error.

Sponsored

Silksy81

Black Diamond
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TRD ORP 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still sitting in built status.... been in built for 81 days now. WS is still updating every day, but I guess that doesn't mean anything. Latest ETA is 6/2.... I just wish someone could tell me why. The dealer doesn't know, Ford CS doesn't know, if I try the NVST they give me an updated ETA and just tell me to check with the dealer, but the dealership doesn't know. @Ford Motor Company any idea why it is sitting in built for 81 days? Is it really actually a production issue hold? Or is it actually a convoy delay like I keep being told, even though my dealership is getting other deliveries? any help or explanation is very much appreciated.

TexasBlaze

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
same mine has been built/awaiting shipment since March 7th ๐Ÿซค

Still sitting in built status.... been in built for 81 days now. WS is still updating every day, but I guess that doesn't mean anything. Latest ETA is 6/2.... I just wish someone could tell me why. The dealer doesn't know, Ford CS doesn't know, if I try the NVST they give me an updated ETA and just tell me to check with the dealer, but the dealership doesn't know. @Ford Motor Company any idea why it is sitting in built for 81 days? Is it really actually a production issue hold? Or is it actually a convoy delay like I keep being told, even though my dealership is getting other deliveries? any help or explanation is very much appreciated.

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn. I was hoping with how dead this thread has been that everyone here got theirs. That sucks...

Silksy81

Black Diamond
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TRD ORP 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
same mine has been built/awaiting shipment since March 7th ๐Ÿซค
This really sucks. I keep trying to look at the bright side that at least it is built and not waiting for a chip. But it is so frustrating. Keeping hope alive we'll get to have some fun in the sun with the top down!! Fingers crossed ๐Ÿคž!!

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since it's been a while since anyone posted anything I'll share some vacation pics. Went to Outer Banks and drove on Carova Beach to check out the wild horses. The Bronco did great, absolutely no chance I was getting stuck! I need to get a recovery rope,some hard and soft shackles, and a shovel. I built a 4 way inflator running off a NAPA Maxi Trac compressor which is ridiculously quick, about 10.6 cfm. Inflated all 4 tires from 20 to 35 psi in less than 3 minutes. I did bring a lot of the beach home with me with the doors off. Sand everywhere. I don't think my seat sliders will ever recover. Awesome experience on the beach and the road trip down was really smooth. Road manners were awesome.

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  3/7/22 Build Week 20220602_105916
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  3/7/22 Build Week 20220602_105922
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  3/7/22 Build Week 20220602_105931

Last edited:

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! Welcome to my state! Iโ€™m heading to the beach Saturday. Probably wonโ€™t get to drive on the beach though as where Iโ€™ll be has no beach access for vehicles. Hope you had a blast!

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! Welcome to my state! Iโ€™m heading to the beach Saturday. Probably wonโ€™t get to drive on the beach though as where Iโ€™ll be has no beach access for vehicles. Hope you had a blast!
Definitely did. It's funny going out there and seeing all these people taking inappropriate vehicles out onto the beach. Saw atleast 10 stuck vehicles including a Honda CRV that only managed to get It's front tires off the entrance road before getting stuck.

The experience definitely has me wanting to try some trails up my way. Not really any of the crazy ass rock crawling you see on youtube, just some trail that might be slightly challenging and lead to cool places, but has minor risk to my body panels.

Silksy81

Black Diamond
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TRD ORP 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since it's been a while since anyone posted anything I'll share some vacation pics. Went to Outer Banks and drove on Carova Beach to check out the wild horses. The Bronco did great, absolutely no chance I was getting stuck! I need to get a recovery rope,some hard and soft shackles, and a shovel. I built a 4 way inflator running off a NAPA Maxi Trac compressor which is ridiculously quick, about 10.6 cfm. Inflated all 4 tires from 20 to 35 psi in less than 3 minutes. I did bring a lot of the beach home with me with the doors off. Sand everywhere. I don't think my seat sliders will ever recover. Awesome experience on the beach and the road trip down was really smooth. Road manners were awesome.

This is awesome!!

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra