Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's finally over. Thanks to all for the support for my sanity.

And to follow up on the price change with the dealer. I went in armed with the information I have found here and a few other places.

My original MSRP was $57900 and with the new Ford pricing it went up just under $2000. So I brought up the price protection and the sales rep said "Oh, Ford will flag it in the system and send you a check, I think".
So he wasn't clear and basically left it on the hands of finance manager. I brought out my original order form with original price and explained that the price is protected on the day the order was entered into the system. Didn't matter of it was price, interstate rate, or rebates. He said he had never heard that. So I was in his office and he called the head of their accounting department off site. And sure enough, she said I was right.

So they had to redo documents and put a check request for what my credit union sent in for the over the original order form.

That might not make sense but I got the price from the original order and got to drive 6+ hours home in the Bronco.

So stay diligent when dealing with dealers on the price increase. Know a little something going in and it could save you a couple thousand.

20220520_233441.jpg
Nice! Glad you got your vehicle And your price! Looks good!
it’s good to have a dealer you can work with to clear up the pricing hoops for the Bronco. Just be armed with the price protection info and patience.
Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would take that lightly. I was also told that by someone on chat a couple of weeks ago and every chat since swears there isn't a chip hold on my Bronco. My latest was I am on hold for a quality check.
I have been told the same as you. Never has the word Chip been used. But as we know the information from Chat is very spotty.

jeffersonvandyke

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger, Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

plant hold sounds better than your truck is blocked in by 800 other broncos end to end and side to side. :oops:

Oris1977

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fwiw I’m a plant hold with 5/29 eta to enter awaiting shipment and FordPass shows my vehicle at the Ypsilanti lot instead and hopefully we all get ours completed by month end and not the July dates that presumably they would work on many of those at the Belleville road location. 🤞
I called yesterday and mine was on plant hold with an ETA of 5/29 too. The Ford rep said the “good news is it’s not on chip hold and is probably something small that needs completed.” Seems kind of dumb that Ford would put a 5/29 ETA on it when it’s still “in production.” I’m not upset it’s taking awhile to get. It’s the world we live in right now... Just don’t understand why they would project an ETA so soon if it’s still in production.

Longhorn Fan

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I called yesterday and mine was on plant hold with an ETA of 5/29 too. The Ford rep said the “good news is it’s not on chip hold and is probably something small that needs completed.” Seems kind of dumb that Ford would put a 5/29 ETA on it when it’s still “in production.” I’m not upset it’s taking awhile to get. It’s the world we live in right now... Just don’t understand why they would project an ETA so soon if it’s still in production.
I was hoping the 5/23 build week would have low volume scheduled and they might fit us in and complete our builds this week but it appears the 5/23 build week is a normal schedule. Wishing good mojo to we plant holds this week that the 5/29 date is real and we move to shipment.

46E480B0-2614-4F9B-9847-E4ED815F6464.gif

Sponsored

JWal47

Big Bend
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Scout 80, 1965 Chevy c10, 1981 Chevy c30
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco 🛠 4/11/22 Build Week Group D2C7545E-68D4-44FA-99AB-1F074751A347

Finally picked up my rig yesterday. Love it so much already. The manual transmission has been an absolute dream to drive. Looks great next to my ‘65 International Scout.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Only 11:22 pm here in Illinois so still 5/22

Ford Bronco 🛠 4/11/22 Build Week Group 1653279801612

MelissaJ19

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Only 11:22 pm here in Illinois so still 5/22

Ford Bronco 🛠 4/11/22 Build Week Group 1653279801612
Yeah but it's already 5/23 in Detroit. If it's something in their system that triggers it, it would be on their time zone.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still no shipping updates on Ford tracker or Ordertrack. It also seems the palsapp has been locked down. I can't get either of the workarounds to work.

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still no shipping updates on Ford tracker or Ordertrack. It also seems the palsapp has been locked down. I can't get either of the workarounds to work.
Did you try this? It was working for me last night.

1. Navigate to palsapp.com.
2. Press F12
3. Click the Console tab at the top of the window that opens.
4. Click next to the blue arrow in the window below the console tab.
5. Paste the following code:

JavaScript:
document.getElementById("custom-search-input").parentElement.removeAttribute("hidden");

6. Press Enter.

Sponsored

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah this is what I get...
Ford Bronco 🛠 4/11/22 Build Week Group 1653310715128

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah this is what I get...
1653310715128.png
I use Chrome.

I'll try it again in a few and let you know.

UPDATED: Yep, I get an error now. That sucks. I will keep an eye out for a workaround.

Last edited:

AKMark

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not looking good for us Produced - Plant Hold people. Order Track is up to 688 and growing.

jeffersonvandyke

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger, Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

chat told me today to expect my truck 4/23/2022.. Human or a BOT?????? GEEZ. Worthless time spent.

NorthCoast

Outer Banks
First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Freedom Edition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well looks like I have to reapply for my auto loan since it expires on Friday and no chance this vehicle is showing up by then.

It's my fault for jumping the gun by getting a loan for a vehicle before it was delivered but I was told back in April it was getting built and my last Bronco I ordered (and was subsequently screwed out of by the worst dealership I have ever interacted with in my life) showed up within 10 days of the blend date ... soooooo now I need to reapply again... and rates have gone up. Going to be like another $30-40 a month I estimate ... I applied for the loan back in April like a dummy because I didn't want to find myself in another situation of having to rely on a dealership to get me financing like what happened last time and then getting hit with some laughably high interest rate offer even though my credit is excellent. I could post an entire story about my last dealership experience. This sucks... could have been driving a Bronco since November and here I am waiting for this 2nd one to show up and now running out of time with rising interest rates . . sorry for the whiny rant but my wife and friends are sick of me talking about this Bronco...

Edit: I guess I'll just tell my story about what happened with my first Bronco in case anyone is bored. I ordered back last year with the closest dealership near me, not knowing anything about them. None of the Ford dealerships near me have any better or worse reputations and I hadn't really heard anything either way about this one. So back in November, I get a call that the Bronco is in. I immediately run over to the lot to look at it ... I see one Bronco there. Since they were closing, we agreed I'd come back the next day to do the paperwork. I show up the next morning and there's my Bronco all nice and shined up parked in front of the dealership. So I'm walking around it and the salesman comes running out "oh no, that's not yours, that's somebody else's!" and this girl is shaking hands with another salesman and she's getting into it to drive away. So I'm like oh wow, what a coincidence, someone ordered an identical Bronco to mine that was delivered on the same day? Big Bend, Mid Package, Cactus Gray, Soft Top? So I don't think anything else of it, and as we are walking in I tell my salesman I want to test drive it, and he's like "hold on now, lets talk numbers first" ... I'm like "I'm not buying a vehicle until I take it for a test drive first". He's like "well, I don't want to put any more miles on it in case this doesn't work out and you decide not to buy it." ... I'm like wait... why wouldn't this work out? So we go sit down, and he comes back with this astronomical, laughably high payment to both lease or buy. I asked him to see how he arrived at these numbers, and he got all weird with me ... He wouldn't tell me or show me anything other than what he was giving me for trade-in on my Jeep - did the whole hand written numbers on a slip of paper type thing. He gets up to go talk to his manager, comes back, and says he will send me the check for my deposit refund. That was that ... no counter offers, nothing.

So I leave, no Bronco, and that was that. We live in a small town where everyone knows everyone who knows someone. I find out the girl I saw driving the "identical" Bronco away is the wife of an employee at that dealership. A friend of mine is in a group of mutual friends. He does some snooping the next time he's around them and gets the VIN for me ... sure enough it was my order. So they literally sold a family member of an employee my order, that morning as I'm on my way to go pick it up. He calls her out on this, and of course she denies it. They claim we are mistaken, that it just so happens that two identical Broncos arrived on the same truck at the same time at the same dealership (and I only saw one when I was there the night before). I mean, could I do something about it? Maybe ... but would it have been worth the aggravation? Then, about 4 months later, the salesman emails me and wants me to send him an email back that he can forward Ford that says I refused delivery of the Bronco and they didn't sell it out from under me. I'm like "uhhhhh, I'm pretty certain you DID sell it out from under me dude" ... I see this Bronco driving around all the time now and it makes me sick. So I ended up going to a different dealership, re-ordering (went for OBX this time just because why not), and here I am waiting for it stuck in this May 29 ETA plant hold limbo.

Sad thing is, I actually love my Jeep. I don't know why the obsession!? Anyways, thanks for sticking with me for story time, hope ya'll have had better luck!
Sponsored

Last edited: