Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the dealer is adding the price increase for after March 2022 even though my original order shows about a $2000 difference.

So here is my question.

I ordered my Bronco after the March 2021 price protection was put into place. But the Ford site reads as follows:

Who qualifies for the Bronco Price Protection Program?

If you placed an order or reservation prior to March 19, 2021, you qualify for price protection. If you are not part of this program, make sure your order in the system is accurate, as changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, may result in increased vehicle prices. See below for more detail.

Do you read that has being protected from the price increase if you had your order in the system by March 8th, 2022?

I have read somewhere about a price certificate you can get from Ford (marketing)? Has anyone heard of that or tried that?
I tried to get the certificate but didn't qualify because I didn't have a reservation. I have printed out all of that info from the Ford website to take with me, and I also had a signed price sheet with the original price. My dealer said to bring all of that with me and they have been "sending it to Ford to get themselves a refund for the difference."
Sponsored

tnobull

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD Bronco + Salsa Journeyman Flat Bar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Picked up my 4dr BD on Sunday with 14 miles on it, plan to take a trip to Bend this weekend, but so far Iʻm averaging just over 15mpg in city driving. But tbh, I donʻt even care. This thing is so awesome! Drives great with a really comfortable interior - though Iʻm still trying to get use to CarPlay and using Amazon Music effectively.

Iʻve also been a magnet for Bronco conversations at stop lights anytime I have my window down haha From dudes walking the crosswalk and taking pictures to the person next to me asking how I like the hard top or if I paid over MSRP ha

Hope everyone here gets their Broncos this month!

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine just shipped!!!! Estimated for a Saturday convoy arrival in Tennessee.

950C5210-A330-4103-A4A4-8A81D5F99AC9.png
Congrats!! I had hoped mine might come at the same time but apparently no such luck... I also just tried a different tactic for information. I used the contact info on the palsapp website to see if they might have any estimates on a shipping date.

Last edited:

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So the dealer is adding the price increase for after March 2022 even though my original order shows about a $2000 difference.

So here is my question.

I ordered my Bronco after the March 2021 price protection was put into place. But the Ford site reads as follows:

If you placed an order or reservation prior to March 19, 2021, you qualify for price protection. If you are not part of this program, make sure your order in the system is accurate, as changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, may result in increased vehicle prices. See below for more detail.

Do you read that has being protected from the price increase if you had your order in the system by March 8th, 2022?

I have read somewhere about a price certificate you can get from Ford (marketing)? Has anyone heard of that or tried that?

We ordered 12/21 - same issue. The increase varied by model. Our 2dr BB the actual Window sticker was EXACTLY $1500 MORE than the buyer's order I signed in 12/21. My dealer honored the original price - but he didn't have to.

You buy the Bronco (at the increased price MY22-MY22.5 price increase is what we're referencing here). The sale enters the Ford system. IF the customer who BOUGHT the Bronco MATCHES the customer that ORDERED the Bronco, then 30-45 days later FORD reimburses the difference to the dealer and they pass the funds onto you.

HTH

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We ordered 12/21 - same issue. The increase varied by model. Our 2dr BB the actual Window sticker was EXACTLY $1500 MORE than the buyer's order I signed in 12/21. My dealer honored the original price - but he didn't have to.

You buy the Bronco (at the increased price MY22-MY22.5 price increase is what we're referencing here). The sale enters the Ford system. IF the customer who BOUGHT the Bronco MATCHES the customer that ORDERED the Bronco, then 30-45 days later FORD reimburses the difference to the dealer and they pass the funds onto you.

HTH
Of all the waiting....it's the hassling over this that'll be the death of me.

This opinion makes sense.

Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Of all the waiting....it's the hassling over this that'll be the death of me.

This opinion makes sense.

That came straight from a friend of mine who is a GM / Co-Owner of a Ford Dealer.

ALTHOUGH he did say that he wouldn't be surprised if Ford actually started mailing those funds to customers, since some dealers weren't above just keeping the price protection refund if buyers didn't know they were eligible for it.

KingOfSavages

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Congrats!! I had hoped mine might come at the same time but apparently no such luck... I also just tried a different tactic for information. I used the contact info on the palsapp website to see if they might have any estimates on a shipping date.
I'll say this. OrderTrack never changed. It went straight from awaiting shipment to delivered today. Only the tracker showed shipped this morning, with no email. Ford never could tell me where it was from April 18-present. Judging from the pictures, however, it was waiting somewhere filthy. Long story short, I'd wager it'll just show up one day when you least expect it.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
According to a MAP contact today, they are shut down for 2 days due to a parts shortage. They will be working on getting "overflow" trucks out. Overflow trucks are those set aside for chip/part/plant holds, etc.
let’s hope this is legit. Good info if true

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That came straight from a friend of mine who is a GM / Co-Owner of a Ford Dealer.

ALTHOUGH he did say that he wouldn't be surprised if Ford actually started mailing those funds to customers, since some dealers weren't above just keeping the price protection refund if buyers didn't know they were eligible for it.
That's great information. And I never put anything past a dealer.

Sponsored

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

So here is my question.

If you qualify for the price protection, Ford will have it attached to your order. (Not the chat function, need to call the Bronco hotline)
There is a specific number/code associated with an order. Ford gave it to me awhile back in case the dealer claims not to have it in their system.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you qualify for the price protection, Ford will have it attached to your order. (Not the chat function, need to call the Bronco hotline)
There is a specific number/code associated with an order. Ford gave it to me awhile back in case the dealer claims not to have it in their system.
There's the rub - that certificate / code is the MY21-22 Price Protection. That is only for those who ordered before 3/21.

The MY22-22.5 price protection (this increase was actually higher than the 20-21 increase) is not a certificate number that can be applied at the time of sale. This amount is refunded to the DEALER 30-45 days AFTER the sale is finalized (and enters Ford's system) and it's sent to the dealer, who is supposed to send those funds along to the customer. Again - Ford ONLY sends these funds IF the customer who bought the Bronco MATCHES the customer who ordered it.

A customer is eligible for the MY22-22.5 price protection IF they had an order in BEFORE 3/22 and no changes were made to that order after 3/22.

Some dealers CAN (they aren't obligated to by Ford) just give the buyer the price protection at the time of sale and wait to be reimbursed by Ford - that's what my dealer did - but not all dealers are apparently doing it this way.

HTH

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just know that the certificate number (from Smart Vincent) that Ford is touting only covers the increase from 2021 to 2022. It does not cover the 2022.5 increase. You should print out and bring the letter instructing dealers how the 2022.5 price increase works and how much credit you should get. My understanding is Ford reimburses the dealer after the purchase.

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got the call.... should be picking up at my dealership later tonight. Now I have to work all day bottling in my excitement.
Congrats! I've been looking to see if anyone else from our week in CA had been delivered. You might be the first unless I've missed it.

I reached out to my dealer just for sh*ts and giggles. They do have one on their website with 4/19 blend date. :cautious: