First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carless
Bronco
Badlands
There is a post in the 4/11 build week group but summation is there are two different groups on that app based on how the VINs start. It is in the last couple of pages (was posted last night by @frankk)
It looks like if you have "DE5" in VIN positions 4,5,6 or "EE5" in 4,5,6 - that's the variation. Come down to truck weight.

The developer said he's only looking at the first 6 characters. If he increases it to 8, he'd be able to discern # of doors and a few other things which would be helpful.

Vert530

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Bronco
Big Bend
There is a post in the 4/11 build week group but summation is there are two different groups on that app based on how the VINs start. It is in the last couple of pages (was posted last night by @frankk)
Thank you! I will check it out

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Bronco
Outer Banks
Clubs

I see a lot of “I’m never buying another Ford” in the threads, which is understandable given the waits and poor communication. I think most of us understand the wait, due to the current economic situation. The communication, not so much.

I‘m just wondering if anyone has a recent better experience while purchasing other in demand, custom ordered vehicles. My wife and I have a large family and have done quite a bit of car shopping and purchasing over the last year, and I can’t honestly say anyone seems to be doing any better. I can‘t tell you how communication has been on a custom order for a Nightshade Toyota hybrid, for example. Why? Because Toyota hasn’t taken custom orders ON ANYTHING for over a year and a half. You just hope a nearby dealer just happens to have a truck show up with something close you your specs and color/interior desired and options, and try to beat the line of other buyers to purchase it within a day or two. The dealers don’t even have info on when trucks are arriving and what will be on them. It‘s ridiculous, but real.

Our Mini dealer had One new vehicle on the lot. Our Lexus dealer had three boring, basic vehicles, all the same low optioned model. Land Rover had nothing. All said over a year to order, if you could order at all, and they made no promises. And ALL said their customers often know more than they do about production and delivery and that communication is awful. My brother, with a Rivian SUV order, has been through a $21k price increase debacle, then returned to original price, but easily yet another year wait with no promises. There are a hundred Jeep Wranglers out in the wild for every Bronco, but try ordering a new, optioned up custom order followed by 35’s and wheels and everything else you want on it.

Everything is bad right now, and I’m not just talking about the auto industry. I’m off to purchase airline tickets…up 40% since last year.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2011 GX460
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I see a lot of “I’m never buying another Ford” in the threads, which is understandable given the waits and poor communication. I think most of us understand the wait, due to the current economic situation. The communication, not so much.

I‘m just wondering if anyone has a recent better experience while purchasing other in demand, custom ordered vehicles...
I will first say, I'm not in the boat of "never buying another Ford". My experience with the vehicle itself will drive that sentiment.

My biggest issue with the situation is the build and park. It's not unique to Ford. But it is MY situation that could potentially impact what happens to my Bronco, the longer it is parked.

The crux: It's not fun watching thousands of vehicles, built after mine, get built and delivered. And I'm only 5 weeks past my date, those from January/etc, man, that really sucks. Now, I don't have concerns about trade-in value, etc (maybe a little about interest rates, if this drags on too long).

Overall, I would prefer that Ford NOT built my vehicle, and still be waiting to get scheduled, rather than have it built and sit for several months waiting to get retrofit with missing equipment.

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler
Bronco
Base
Clubs

I will first say, I'm not in the boat of "never buying another Ford". My experience with the vehicle itself will drive that sentiment.

My biggest issue with the situation is the build and park. It's not unique to Ford. But it is MY situation that could potentially impact what happens to my Bronco, the longer it is parked.

The crux: It's not fun watching thousands of vehicles, built after mine, get built and delivered. And I'm only 5 weeks past my date, those from January/etc, man, that really sucks. Now, I don't have concerns about trade-in value, etc (maybe a little about interest rates, if this drags on too long).

Overall, I would prefer that Ford NOT built my vehicle, and still be waiting to get scheduled, rather than have it built and sit for several months waiting to get retrofit with missing equipment.
100% agreed!

D Montgomery

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport First Edition. 2021Ranger Lariat
Bronco
Badlands
Checked Ford Chat and Bronco Support. Eta to dealer May 29th, we will see. Also asked about 2nd Bronco order, 2 door Race Red Wildtrack. No VIN but gave my sales code and order number, not scheduled yet. Asked would it get pushed to next year, she didn’t think so. Support thinks the orders that are in will be produced this year. Not sure I f this is promising or not. 🤔

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Outer Banks
Clubs

Most of these broncos are not custom ordered.
Of course they are. Every reservation built through reservation or dealer ordered through build and price are custom orders. Orders where you got you VIN before it was even built.

Mattsn

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Bronco
Big Bend
Of course they are. Every reservation built through reservation or dealer ordered through build and price are custom orders. Orders where you got you VIN before it was even built.
When I think custom order I think piecing options together. Most of these orders were big bend with mid package, or bad lands or wild track. Those are package options offered by Ford. I don't consider that a custom order. Just an order.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I think custom order I think piecing options together. Most of these orders were big bend with mid package, or bad lands or wild track. Those are package options offered by Ford. I don't consider that a custom order. Just an order.
If you had a vehicle and VIN assigned to as the buyer before it was built, it’s custom order. You haven’t been able to order a vehicle through Toyota with your own model, color, interior and available options for over a year and a half. You just give the dealer what your looking for and they hope something close shows up on a truck some day so they can give you a call, and then they hope you will settle for the different color, or seats, or no moonroof, or smaller engine, etc. And the communication between Toyota and their dealers/customers is even worse than what we are experiencing with Ford and our Broncos. I’m not making excuses for the horrible communication, and agree with everyone about the “build and park” model they are using as later build get shipped. I’m just saying the grass is not greener anywhere else that I know of. All big corporations are fumbling around with a new paradigm and it’s difficult to turn a moving freight train.

monkeyboy1317

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 EB Bronco, '13 Tacoma, '10 Suburban
Bronco
Wildtrak
Clubs

My estimated delivery was May 3rd - May 9th. Tracked it by railcar and it arrived in Jacksonville, FL at the railyard on May 1st. It is presently still sitting there ( 2 weeks! ) at ramp 14 waiting to be loaded on a truck for delivery to dealership. Hopefully I will get it sometime this month.

Jenkins_Auto_Image

Base
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500, 2006 Acura TL, 2022 Bronco soon
Bronco
Base
Clubs

My nightly cruise through the dealer (it’s on my way home from work) there were 2 deliveries tonight! A 21’ Outerbanks with a 12/06 blend, and a 2 door base with a 4/12 blend. So that’s progress for us convoy delay folks IMO.

I did notice some writing on the window “Puma Done”. These were offloaded after the dealer closed so not sure what PUMA means to the MAP.

If either of these are your order from Haag Ford in Indiana, your almost to the finish line 😀

DCB6AA73-7193-4515-BF22-4B7A7CB43869.jpeg

E35E007E-B9BC-4F6F-B911-818E06729856.jpeg

Ashlesophia

Wildtrak
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Expedition Max
Bronco
Wildtrak
Clubs

So irritated and I keep doing it to myself. 🤦🏻‍♀️ This particular Maryland dealer keeps receiving Broncos and of course adding a 10k ADM. So I check blend dates on a couple and I see 5/2, 4/27 etc.

Why must it be this way😭😭

FSUMcFly

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Ordered
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Well I just ordered the limited Badlands BAM bar, it has a 6 to 8 week lead time.

Now to play the game what arrives first, my BAM bar or my Bronco.