FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes it was mine. It changed a while ago from Convoy to Rail. Ordertrack.app still shows Convoy. I’m so anxious to get it but I need to reel in my expectations …
While I'm grateful someone took the time to make the ordertrack app, I must say it has been of no accurate help with the transportation aspect.
Sponsored

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wrong on alot of levels. Not sure how many of you all run businesses.

You're right that the person probably doesn't have any clout at all. I don't really expect them too. But a true representative of a business will find you answers. Not avoid them. I never expect an actual explanation, not because this person probably doesn't know, but because apparently no one frome Ford has any answers. In fact , they seem to now be telling everyone to just ask your dealer. Well the dealer gets the info from Ford so there's that example aswell. Also, you don't stick a representative on the forum if you don't want complaints or questions. And ignoring the fan base is a bad business move as well.

You can be complacent In this entire debacle if you want. I can't be. This is a miss managed mess and I'm gonna call it as I see It.

Further more, My post above was mostly rhetorical. I belive most people knew that
I don't run a business first off, so we'll start there. Ford isn't some local mom and pop business. What you're describing and the personal interaction you and hundreds of others on this forum are expecting would make sense from a small business standpoint, not from a multi-billion dollar company. Lets be honest, Ford can afford to lose a few hundred angry forum members and nothing come of it. As I described in my first post, the representative on this forum is to spread positive interaction with customers also expressing positivity, and to help customers expressing problems schedule a dealer appointment. They aren't here to answer questions or to funnel complaints from angry forum members on questions they don't have direct answers to. And I'm not giving some 20 year old intern the direct line with some corporate Ford suit at the top level to get the answers to these questions either.

Understand that those on this forum are hanging onto EVERY word Ford has publicly stated themselves in articles, through interviews, social media posts, etc. The last thing they need is their official page to state to someone "we have a x chip hold that should be resolved in the next few weeks", cause you and everyone else on this forum is going to hold them to that statement. Problem is, Ford and tons of other manufacturers are under a logistical nightmare getting these out. You have hundreds of products coming in from several suppliers of varying quantities and varying times. Quantities that Ford is expecting for production, that's likely getting halved last minute before it gets in the door. Then rail car backups and Convoy shortages, both of which the rail car companies and convoy companies don't even have the ability to predict a timeframe to be fixed. Yet there's an expectation for Ford to predict these issues, solve these issues, relay what your specific vehicle is being shorted from and a timeframe to fix it...all while trying to make sure their current production line doesn't come to a halt.

I'm not complacent in this entire debacle. Do I think Ford could go about things better as far as communication? Sure, but expecting that level of communication to come from a forum account is a bit much. I'm a day 1 reservation holder, who's Bronco is currently stuck in production and has been for a few weeks now. If there's one thing I've learned from this process is patience. It gets here when it gets here. Ford hasn't communicate a single accurate timeframe through this ENTIRE process, I don't expect it to change now. Crack a beer and hang out.🍻

Mattsn

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't run a business first off, so we'll start there. Ford isn't some local mom and pop business. What you're describing and the personal interaction you and hundreds of others on this forum are expecting would make sense from a small business standpoint, not from a multi-billion dollar company. Lets be honest, Ford can afford to lose a few hundred angry forum members and nothing come of it. As I described in my first post, the representative on this forum is to spread positive interaction with customers also expressing positivity, and to help customers expressing problems schedule a dealer appointment. They aren't here to answer questions or to funnel complaints from angry forum members on questions they don't have direct answers to. And I'm not giving some 20 year old intern the direct line with some corporate Ford suit at the top level to get the answers to these questions either.

Understand that those on this forum are hanging onto EVERY word Ford has publicly stated themselves in articles, through interviews, social media posts, etc. The last thing they need is their official page to state to someone "we have a x chip hold that should be resolved in the next few weeks", cause you and everyone else on this forum is going to hold them to that statement. Problem is, Ford and tons of other manufacturers are under a logistical nightmare getting these out. You have hundreds of products coming in from several suppliers of varying quantities and varying times. Quantities that Ford is expecting for production, that's likely getting halved last minute before it gets in the door. Then rail car backups and Convoy shortages, both of which the rail car companies and convoy companies don't even have the ability to predict a timeframe to be fixed. Yet there's an expectation for Ford to predict these issues, solve these issues, relay what your specific vehicle is being shorted from and a timeframe to fix it...all while trying to make sure their current production line doesn't come to a halt.

I'm not complacent in this entire debacle. Do I think Ford could go about things better as far as communication? Sure, but expecting that level of communication to come from a forum account is a bit much. I'm a day 1 reservation holder, who's Bronco is currently stuck in production and has been for a few weeks now. If there's one thing I've learned from this process is patience. It gets here when it gets here. Ford hasn't communicate a single accurate timeframe through this ENTIRE process, I don't expect it to change now. Crack a beer and hang out.🍻
Ugh

Has nothing to do with mom and pop shop vs multi million or billion dollar company. It has to do with customer service. It has to do with follow through. The convoy issue could be fixed if they were motivated to do so. They're not. I know they don't own the convoys but there are ways.. Or as I've said before "let me come get it myself" I'm betting there are many here, and others who aren't who would jump at the chance to just go pick it up themselves if Ford started a program that allowed us to do so. Again. No motivation on their part.

Your a day 1 reservation holder and you have been patient seeing so many others come in after you, get built and delivered while yours is still in production, and you're still patient. I'd be going through the roof.

As said above, Ford is hedging there bets that there aren't enough people angry. Well I am. And if more people would let Ford know. Then maybe they'd be more motivated.

I'm not trying to argue with you but I can't just sit by and be ok with how we're all being handled by Ford.

naturesmith

Big Bend
First Name
Elaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm so jealous of everyone getting theirs delivered. We should get ours at similar times. The wait would be easier if you knew what was holding things up and a realistic date of resolution rather than a new range if the old one expires.
Yes, same. I ordered a "simple" bronco, no frills, because that is what my dealer told me to do to get the vehicle the quickest. Now it's been built and just sitting somewhere, for a month. No information other that not a chip hold (likely being held because it's a convoy ship.) No concrete info and just pushing us off is not good business. Nor is shipping vehicles that were built after ours!

I even asked the dealer if we could do pick it up from Michigan, and he said unfortunately no. Hey, it was worth a try. I'm seriously thinking about getting a different vehicle altogether if this carries on much longer. I've never had a Ford before (and honestly it's been about 30 years since I have had a NEW vehicle, but FINALLY all the kids have graduated college!) So I have been really excited about this, but I have a pretty bad taste in my mouth for Ford right now. As does everyone I tell about the situation. Which is a lot of people. @Ford Motor Company

Boo Ford. :(

Mattsn

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, same. I ordered a "simple" bronco, no frills, because that is what my dealer told me to do to get the vehicle the quickest. Now it's been built and just sitting somewhere, for a month. No information other that not a chip hold (likely being held because it's a convoy ship.) No concrete info and just pushing us off is not good business. Nor is shipping vehicles that were built after ours!

I even asked the dealer if we could do pick it up from Michigan, and he said unfortunately no. Hey, it was worth a try. I'm seriously thinking about getting a different vehicle altogether if this carries on much longer. I've never had a Ford before (and honestly it's been about 30 years since I have had a NEW vehicle, but FINALLY all the kids have graduated college!) So I have been really excited about this, but I have a pretty bad taste in my mouth for Ford right now. As does everyone I tell about the situation. Which is a lot of people. @Ford Motor Company

Boo Ford. :(
Wife was also told to keep the packages on the low side to avoid this very issue were in. Didn't work for her either. It's like the entire process is a scam. Actually kinda wondering why there's no class action suite against Ford for wat they're doing to so many people. Such as those who are waiting on chips for months, while they put the chips they get into new builds. But I'm not educated in the legal field

Last edited:

Sponsored

FLGal

Base
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
Your Bronco Model
Base
You give us all hope.... hope and joy!
Just for some added insight it was ordered from a small, rural dealer 10/14/21. Base with absolutely nothing but mud flaps, floor liner and key pad. I don’t know how much impact the simple build has.

Sponsored

Ashlesophia

Wildtrak
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Cadillac CT5, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like it happened to a lot of us - including me. But 3 days in a row hasn't helped my situation at least. Hopefully some of us break free soon.
WS date means absolutely nothing to us.
Check an in stock vehicle online at your local dealer and check the WS Date.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did a chat yesterday. They said its built but on a plant hold. They said I should have an update by end of the 12th.