First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okey dokey fine folks of the interweb... I spoke with ford this morning and of course they said I was on a plant hold for the fourth time with no hold just waiting for shipping. My dealer called me today. I havent called them in over two months cause I didnt want bother them cause I knew on my end thanks to all your investigative work that I was on hold. They told me I was on a chip hold. How they know that.... he couldnt say. But why would he say that if he didnt have too. We already agreed I was on a plant hold. Soooooooo. Who F'n knows. He said he was sure it would ship by 5/15 WTF.... Anywhoo.. night night all. Hang in there!
Sponsored

Jenkins_Auto_Image

Base
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500, 2006 Acura TL, 2022 Bronco soon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I called the 800 number earlier today, and she asked me for the last 8 of the vin…
I said “Mam, I’m telling you the VIN from memory, I can’t pick the last 8” 😂 As I proceeded to recite my VIN from memory. Im not sure if that’s funny or sad, but it’s definitely burned in the brain!

(F.Y.I. She had the same answer that changes every week “Awaiting Shipping” 05/06-05/12)

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My first Bronco got held at a couple of location on its journey to Texas. It left MAP on Jan 11 and didn't arrive to the final destination until the Jan 20. It will change from CSX to another company especially if it is traveling west. Sometimes it can take a day or two for the new train to be "built" and ready to go.
Ahh yes I know West of the Mississippi river it changes to Union Pacific... I think that might be the next stop so maybe it will sit there until the train from UP arrives.

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I called ford last night. Talked to a nice woman. I was super polite because its not her fault Ford sucks. Said honestly tons of people are wondering the same thing why are people with later build dates and the same builds getting their cars first. She said "Truly we don't know much but what I have gathered is its dealer allocation, your build type, build number, and a few random factors. But honestly we don't understand what makes some go out before others" Then I called my sales guy. I wanted to see if he knew anything. He goes "I am so sorry but we literally know exactly what you know. We have pushed for information from our Ford rep and they give us nothing. The site we have tells us that its on microchip hold but I have had vehicles that say that or awaiting shipment that show up on our lot without us knowing it was coming."

At this point Ford is a night mare. They can't even give their dealerships any information. The Ford Chat unfortunately is in a precarious situation because these people behind the screen/phone are given a script and told stick to that. All in all no matter what the chat, the person on the phone, or your sales guys says not 1 person has any idea what is going on because Ford HQ has left everyone fucked over.

EDIT: at this point I have gone too far into this to walk away. The money doesn't matter. Dealership thinks I'll have mine before the end of this month so that what I'm going to hold onto.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I called ford last night. Talked to a nice woman. I was super polite because its not her fault Ford sucks. Said honestly tons of people are wondering the same thing why are people with later build dates and the same builds getting their cars first. She said "Truly we don't know much but what I have gathered is its dealer allocation, your build type, build number, and a few random factors. But honestly we don't understand what makes some go out before others" Then I called my sales guy. I wanted to see if he knew anything. He goes "I am so sorry but we literally know exactly what you know. We have pushed for information from our Ford rep and they give us nothing. The site we have tells us that its on microchip hold but I have had vehicles that say that or awaiting shipment that show up on our lot without us knowing it was coming."

At this point Ford is a night mare. They can't even give their dealerships any information. The Ford Chat unfortunately is in a precarious situation because these people behind the screen/phone are given a script and told stick to that. All in all no matter what the chat, the person on the phone, or your sales guys says not 1 person has any idea what is going on because Ford HQ has left everyone fucked over.

EDIT: at this point I have gone too far into this to walk away. The money doesn't matter. Dealership thinks I'll have mine before the end of this month so that what I'm going to hold onto.
I feel your pain.. ITs so F'n Frustrating! Im onchip hold too... as of yesterday..

Sponsored

BroncoCMH

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carless
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone over in the 4/11 group is a member of a Bronco Facebook group, which has a person in it that claims to work in the MAP. This person is saying something along the lines of it being a headlight issue along with a temperature sensor issue in the A-pillar. They actually referred to our group when we were doing the sleuthing around commonalities of people stuck.

This person goes on further to say that 3 weeks in July will be dedicated to repairs. Don’t know if that means the aforementioned issues only, or whatever ailments a particular Bronco happens to have.

This seems consistent with how we seem to get more movement over weekends than we do during the week. They make a few, they fix a few.

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel your pain.. ITs so F'n Frustrating! Im onchip hold too... as of yesterday..
I made the woman from Ford laugh because she probably gets some shitty calls. I basically said " I don't want you to respond because well its recorded line and I want you to keep your job but if Ford is listening to this call FUCK YOU!"

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made the woman from Ford laugh because she probably gets some shitty calls. I basically said " I don't want you to respond because well its recorded line and I want you to keep your job but if Ford is listening to this call FUCK YOU!"
Easy on the Cofee d_bearhugs.... Getting hot in herrrr.....

Vert530

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you ever get Built or Shipped notification? My dealership had a Wildtrack someone ordered show up today but it was still showing In Plant on their end. The numbers on ordertrack app keep going up. Maybe they are moving them faster than they are putting in updates? Still reaching for signs of hope!

Edit: Just looked at my dealer's website and pulled up the window sticker. The one they got in today was from our week!
1652131356819.png

Another Edit: I ready the blend day wrong. It's from May not April :(
Crazy how these April Blends are showing up before my March Blend! I hope you are right about ordertracker not updating!

Sponsored

mgraced

Outer Banks
First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am frustrated and just want my Bronco. Ford set the expectation not me. I am just wanting them to meet the expectation they set. I am not a Jeep person. No way in heck I would buy one. I would rather just save my pennies for another year and buy a used Defender or a new 4Runner. After owning foreign cars (Mostly German) most of my adult life, I am dissappointed as I really really really wanted to buy American. This experience may leave a mark.

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am frustrated and just want my Bronco. Ford set the expectation not me. I am just wanting them to meet the expectation they set. I am not a Jeep person. No way in heck I would buy one. I would rather just save my pennies for another year and buy a used Defender or a new 4Runner. After owning foreign cars (Mostly German) most of my adult life, I am dissappointed as I really really really wanted to buy American. This experience may leave a mark.
Can I ask why you dislike the Wrangler but like the Bronco? They are very very similar. If anything Jeep has one of the best track records for vehicles. My 2015 Jeep is still worth almost 20k at 122k miles.

mgraced

Outer Banks
First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can I ask why you dislike the Wrangler but like the Bronco? They are very very similar. If anything Jeep has one of the best track records for vehicles. My 2015 Jeep is still worth almost 20k at 122k miles.
I don't like the ride. It is uncomfortable for me and I am looking for a cushy everyday driver that I can take on dirt roads when I want. It's also just personal preference. I just never really liked Jeeps. The honest truth, my Bronco will never see anything more aggressive than New England backcountry dirt roads.

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't like the ride. It is uncomfortable for me and I am looking for a cushy everyday driver that I can take on dirt roads when I want. It's also just personal preference. I just never really liked Jeeps. The honest truth, my Bronco will never see anything more aggressive than New England backcountry dirt roads.
No problem. Just generally curious as they are very similar rides imo. But not for everyone.

mgraced

Outer Banks
First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No problem. Just generally curious as they are very similar rides imo. But not for everyone.
That is funny, I found the rides completely different. I have spent a ton of time in the backcountry photographing wildlife in my friends Rubicon and to me the Bronco drives way more cushy and comfie. The Rubicon is very uncomfortable for me and a way stiffer ride. I am tall so that could have something to do with it too.
Sponsored