Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco đź›  5/16/22 Build Week Group 1657372131297

As much as I like the new layout of Order Track, I would like not needing to check it even more.
Sponsored

clyde6g

Big Bend
First Name
Trever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Valiant
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not Friday but yesterday I did.

Brought her home.

photo_2022-07-10_14-36-45.jpg
Looking nice. Glad to see some more movement with people getting their Bronco's.

Sponsored

WmSikes

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks! Lift and new tires & wheels go on July 22nd. :)
The way it’s looking, mine will still be sitting in a Michigan parking lot July 22nd.

jsteph262

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1657372131297.png

As much as I like the new layout of Order Track, I would like not needing to check it even more.
I don't get what those first 2 numbers mean. My "Time in Status (Actual)" is way higher than the "Estimated" one and the estimated one is closer to how long I've been in the status. So not really sure what the "actual" one is even supposed to be showing.

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If your Bronco was built the week of 06/06/2022 and it’s not here yet it’s most likely due to a part hold. It’s not a rail or convoy delay. Broncos are being shipped and delivered all of the country by rail and convoy daily - included many built after our Bronco’s.

Why? Ford insists on reporting vehicles as built even when they are missing parts. They roll off the line complete or not and are declared built. The automatic system seems to default to “built / released” within a day of two after Ford reports it as built. After that the automated system generates estimated delivery windows which are meaningless if your vehicle is on a plant hold. When your window parts it automatically generated a new estimated delivery window that means nothing. Most of the Ford chat and Ford Marketing people report the same bad information Ford shares on the Backdoor tracker without looking any further into your file unless you press them.

They never admitted my Bronco (06/08/2022) was on a plant hold until I told them my salesman said my Bronco showed up as a plant hold on his end (with no other details). Within seconds the Ford Marketing rep went from your Bronco is built and released to let me check again - oh yeah, it is on a plant hold.

Thankfully I was able to discover what my hold was thanks to a confidential source. It’s two minor parts found on the mid / lux packages. My source told me there are a bunch waiting for the same parts and that work will continue during the MAP shutdown.

I hope this helps you guys that actually think your Bronco has been sitting built and released for shipping for 5 weeks waiting on a convoy or rail while Broncos built in the final week of June have been delivered to places as far away from MAP as Texas, Oregon and California. They don’t sit on vehicles that are actually built and released. They get shipped ASAP.

Last edited:

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
If your Bronco was built the week of 06/06/2022 and it’s not here yet it’s most likely due to a part hold. It’s not a rail or convoy delay. Broncos are being shipped and delivered all of the country by rail and convoy daily - included many built after our Bronco’s.

Why? Ford insists on reporting vehicles as built even when they are missing parts. They roll off the line complete or not and are declared built. The automatic system seems to default to “built / released” within a day of two after Ford reports it as built. After that the automated system generates estimated delivery windows which are meaningless if your vehicle is on a plant hold. When your window parts it automatically generated a new estimated delivery window that means nothing. Most of the Ford chat and Ford Marketing people report the same bad information Ford shares on the Backdoor tracker without looking any further into your file unless you press them.

They never admitted my Bronco (06/08/2022) was on a plant hold until I told them my salesman said my Bronco showed up as a plant hold on his end (with no other details). Within seconds the Ford Marketing rep went from your Bronco is built and released to let me check again - oh yeah, it is on a plant hold.

Thankfully I was able to discover what my hold was thanks to a confidential source. It’s two minor parts found on the mid / lux packages. My source told me there are a bunch waiting for the same parts and that work will continue during the MAP shutdown.

I hope this helps you guys that actually think your Bronco has been sitting built and released for shipping for 5 weeks waiting on a convoy or rail while Broncos built in the final week of June have been delivered to places as far away from MAP as Texas, Oregon and California. They don’t sit on vehicles they are actually built and released.
Any word on those of us built without mid/lux not shipping when saying built and convoy hold?

Sponsored

jsteph262

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why? Ford insists on reporting vehicles as built even when they are missing parts. They roll off the line complete or not and are declared built. The automatic system seems to default to “built / released” within a day of two after Ford reports it as built. After that the automated systems generates estimated delivery windows which are meaningless if your vehicle is on a plant hold. Most of the Ford chat and Ford Marketing people report the same bad information Ford shares on the Backdoor tracker without looking any further into your file unless you press them.

They never admitted my Bronco (06/08/2022) was on a plant hold until I told them my salesman said to showed as a plant hold on his end (with no other details). Within seconds the Ford Marketing rep went from your Bronco is built and released to let me check again - oh yeah, it is on a plant hold.

I hope this helps you guys that actually think your Bronco has been sitting built and released for shipping for 5 weeks waiting on a convoy or rail while Broncos built in the final week of June have been delivered to places as far away from MAP as Texas, Oregon and California. They don’t sit on vehicles they are actually built and released.
This is about what I expected. Mine's a lux so it's likely waiting on those parts. It's still annoying that they're shipping new builds that use those parts before the ones that have been sitting since January-May...

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is about what I expected. Mine's a lux so it's likely waiting on those parts. It's still annoying that they're shipping new builds that use those parts before the ones that have been sitting since January-May...
We jumped ahead of all of the chip holds that have been sitting for months. It’s how they do it. They allocate parts for active builds and parts for those waiting. It’s a lot more time consuming and difficult to finish the ones sitting in lots waiting on parts. They are hoping to clear a large portion of the backlog of those waiting during the MAP shutdown. That work is continuing and shipping is continuing as well.

LightningFan75

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got a little more "truth" from Ford. The marketing department accidentally transferred me to Ford Pro (800-343-5338) and they gave me a slightly better update. My "delivery date" of 7/13-7/19 is actually the date that it's shared for QC and prep for shipping. Awaiting Shipment actually meant it's awaiting final prep before it's put on the ramp for shipping. THEN it waits for enough vehicles in the destination area to get loaded up and go.

jsteph262

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We jumped ahead of all of the chip holds that have been sitting for months. It’s how they do it. They allocate parts for active builds and parts for those waiting. It’s a lot more time consuming and difficult to finish the ones sitting in lots waiting on parts. They are hoping to clear a large portion of the backlog of those waiting during the MAP shutdown. That work is continuing and shipping is continuing as well.
I 100% agree it takes more time to complete the builds that have been sitting, but that doesn't mean they should just "ignore" them for months on end lol. Like you said though, it does look like they're finally making an effort to clear them out but in my opinion they waited far to long to do it. We didn't get it to bad since we were just built last month but for the guys that have been there for 5-6 months, its ridiculous.

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I 100% agree it takes more time to complete the builds that have been sitting, but that doesn't mean they should just "ignore" them for months on end lol. Like you said though, it does look like they're finally making an effort to clear them out but in my opinion they waited far to long to do it. We didn't get it to bad since we were just built last month but for the guys that have been there for 5-6 months, its ridiculous.

Technically, they are ignoring all of us. Every communication and update we get is generated by a bot. The humans we contact tell us the same information the the automated system generates.

I wish they didn’t email me 2 months ago informing me that my Bronco was going into production the week of 05/16 - I would rather been contacted when it was handed over to the shipping company for delivery. The past 2 months have been frustrating and anxiety filled.
Sponsored